Remembering Nishi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Remembering Nishi
(02-05-2016 03:21 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't know if it was common knowledge or not, but I haven't seen it shared here and I thought it was a beautiful sentiment worthy of passing on.

Nishi told me that his username, Nishi Kara No Kaze, meant "wind from the west." He made sure to specify that he did not speak Japanese, and he carefully disclaimed his translation by saying that he used Google to get it. Smile

He told me that maybe one day, he'd like to live on the top of a mountain in Japan (where he'd post regularly on TTA via his mountaintop internet connection), and he'd be known by the villagers as the wind from the west, nishi kara no kaze.

He liked to be called Nishi, and used the moniker for himself quite often when we spoke. I like to think that through all of this sadness, at least he's achieved his goal of becoming the wind from the west that he had wanted to be.

That was a very nice read. Thanks for sharing.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
02-05-2016, 03:27 PM
(02-05-2016 03:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  For Nishi!

[Image: 2zq680m.jpg]

May I also recommend that you enjoy that fun and silly hat with a nice glass of Crown Royal on the rocks?
02-05-2016, 03:28 PM
(02-05-2016 03:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 03:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  For Nishi!

[Image: 2zq680m.jpg]

May I also recommend that you enjoy that fun and silly hat with a nice glass of Crown Royal on the rocks?

knowing stark..... it may be something else Big Grin
Love the smelly proof bags in the background Tongue
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
02-05-2016, 03:44 PM
I wont lie. Yesterday I didn't really feel anything about the news. I just went on my day.

But when I woke up today and saw this thread, it finally clicked for me. My lenses are tainted with fallen salt.

Nishi is gone. I'm trying to wrap my head around it all. I understand his actions perfectly, well as well as I can giving my ignorance on the specifics, but the emotional part of my brain can't comprehend it. How somebody so good can fall like that.

And amongst the confusion and sorrow, I feel sick to my stomach. I can't help but contextualise this to me... A reminder of my own mortality through his. If somebody as good, as strong and compassionate as Nishi can fall to his own demons... What chance does somebody like me have?
I have to admit that I am feeling envious of him. For the wrong reasons. He had the courage to finally do what I've been too cowardly to. His suffering is at an end. Mine continues.

It sickens me that I'm thinking like that. It's not right for me to think of myself in this time, my thoughts should be of him and his, and everybody else. Ignore me, just venting.
I think I'm going to have to take the day off to deal with this...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
02-05-2016, 03:46 PM
(02-05-2016 03:28 PM)skyking Wrote:  knowing stark..... it may be something else Big Grin
Love the smelly proof bags in the background Tongue

Hah! Well, I am at work. Smelly proof bags are a staple. Wink

Truth is, I opened a jar of 3 year old Super Lemon Haze in honour of Nishi. I hadn't mentioned it because some people might not get it, but to me that really is a tribute worthy of a special person like Nishi.

As an aside....just in case anyone felt like doing something similar...
I'm planting an apple tree in remembrance of Nishi. I think I may place a small memorial stone at its base as well. Something simple to remind me that Nishi nourished my mind and made me a better person.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 12 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-05-2016, 03:59 PM
(02-05-2016 01:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  If Nishi had wanted help, he would have reached out.

If Nishi had wanted us to know why, he would have left a note.

Instead he chose to spend some more time with us and welcome people and make jokes.

So, none of us know what happened and why, and I bet Nishi would not be happy about all the speculation and judgement made here.

It was his life, and his right to apply his decision at any time. It has nothing to do with us. We have no right to second guess him.

But he did show us the tone of communication he liked - friendly, supportive and funny.

Let's honor him that way, shall we?

So much this. I'd considered suicide more than once as a teen, and during that time one of the things that stopped me ironically enough was the thought of everyone speculating. People thinking they knew my reasons when they didn't. Just seemed unfair Undecided

I haven't been on the forum much lately, didn't know Nishi/Erik, but even in my limited visits he made an impression. It was clear he was funny, kind, loving, and very loved by people here. I'm sad now that I didn't get to interact with him more. I was in tears reading through all of the loving posts here, Stark's silly hat sent me into sobbing territory. Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 8 users Like Smercury44's post
02-05-2016, 04:05 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-05-2016, 04:17 PM
(02-05-2016 03:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If somebody as good, as strong and compassionate as Nishi can fall to his own demons...

We have no clue as to his reasons. Any number of things may have been in play. Let's not automatically call demons up... he may well have had logical, rational reasons.

Let's just respect his decision. Only he knew all the factors.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-05-2016, 04:19 PM
I've been reading through some of his posts. Here are a few that I found. There is no order to these quotes they're just random and haphazard.

Ohhhhh so we get to spam Heatheness without her being able to respond. That's AWESOME!!!

*Cackling madly*

In response to Heathness' name and adding an 'e' to the last part of her name, 'ness'.

If you put an e on the end you get the Danish word for Santa' helpers. Nisse.

Though they go back further than that. They used to be seen as a sort of protector of a home that you needed to keep happy or they'd cause mischief in the home.

The thread about furries was a funny one. He had several wry comments. His humor was so whimsical.

ELK12695 Wrote:
You motherfuckers standing here, talking like this shit is funny. You wouldn't be laughing if you've seen the shit I've seen regarding this topic. "It didnt happen, it's all in your head. It's all lies I tell you!"

To which Nishi replies:

"Don't care. It's still funny"

I commented in the Furry thread: How do furries have sex? Is the costume part of the turn on? I can't imagine.

Nishi replies:

"If you look at the post below yours you'll have your answer."

Another sample of his humor........

(18-04-2016 01:57 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I just got a mail from a store I have used one time. The header said:

Going on a date? Here's the clothes to wear.

So I think to myself:

- I've never been on an official date before. I wonder what I should wear?

And open up the mail to get some pro tips.

[Image: jaUZffJ.png]

So I've decided to NEVER go on a date.

HeartHeartHeart What a funny guy.Heart HeartHeart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-05-2016, 04:39 PM