Remembering Nishi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: Remembering Nishi
Nishi, come on. Seriously? It's 25 °C outside and the wind is blowing gently. The perfect weather! You should be here right now. We'll invite jennybee and share some beers together.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
05-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Nishi and I PMed back and forth about a discussion topic on the board. It was a nice conversation. That's one chain of PMs that won't be deleted. Such a nice man. We are lucky he to have made his acquaintance.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-05-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm recently back to this forum after a self imposed hiatus of a few months. I took a break because I was just Overwhelmed by Events. Too much going on with work, too much going on with the family, too little time to play. Nothing bad, just pressed for time and something had to give, and it was this. Since I've been back, I've been extremely selective in what threads I even peaked at so tonight is the first time I was aware of the passing of Nishi/Erik.

I didn't know him well but I'm pretty overwhelmed nonetheless. It's amazing how the loss of someone you didn't really know, who you barely knew anything about, can have such an impact on you. I'm really stunned by this. I was only able to get through the first few pages of this thread, and not much further than Banjo's first comments. It was just too much to read all at once.

Anyway, I never know what to say in these situations. I'm really bad at expressing myself in awkward emotional situations. I'm always afraid I'm going to make it worse. But, when I'm sad or something like this comes up, this is always one of my favorite songs to put on. So, I'll post it and hope maybe it helps someone else too (music is such a personal thing I have no idea).

For those of you who were really close to him, I am really sorry for your loss.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
05-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Seems that folks are wandering in like you and I can see how reading through all this would be overwhelming. I know I dumped it out there and I am but one of many.
Hug
05-05-2016, 07:22 PM
I noticed that Nishi changed his avatar a couple of times and I think the little adage under his avatar changed from something (I can't remember what it was) to "meh" ....like he didn't care anymore. I donno, maybe I'm reading into the "meh" thing too much but I remember when I saw that up in the corner under his name thinking that he was not caring about life much anymore and it concerned me.

Anyway, I hope his daughter is doing ok. I hope she has a community of people taking care of her.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-05-2016, 07:29 PM
(05-05-2016 07:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I noticed that Nishi changed his avatar a couple of times and I think the little adage under his avatar changed from something (I can't remember what it was) to "meh" ....like he didn't care anymore. I donno, maybe I'm reading into the "meh" thing too much but I remember when I saw that up in the corner under his name thinking that he was not caring about life much anymore and it concerned me.

Anyway, I hope his daughter is doing ok. I hope she has a community of people taking care of her.

She has her mom, a sister, and grandparents. I know there's no replacing Nishi, but from our past convos, it sounded like she has a support system to help her through all of this.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
05-05-2016, 07:30 PM
(05-05-2016 04:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Nishi, come on. Seriously? It's 25 °C outside and the wind is blowing gently. The perfect weather! You should be here right now. We'll invite jennybee and share some beers together.

I so wish we could do this for real. I miss him so much Sadcryface

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
05-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Oh and his past sigs were:

"You're not the boss of me." I think he might have been referring to me with that one Wink

And...

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
05-05-2016, 08:39 PM

#sigh
05-05-2016, 08:45 PM

#sigh