Remembering Nishi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Rainbow RE: Remembering Nishi

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-05-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: Remembering Nishi
(05-05-2016 07:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh and his past sigs were:

"You're not the boss of me." I think he might have been referring to me with that one Wink

And...

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I remember the "you're not the boss of me" sig and the towel one, which was so funny. But when I saw the "meh" siggy my stomach sank. I should have sent him a private message right then.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-05-2016, 10:09 PM
(05-05-2016 09:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 07:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh and his past sigs were:

"You're not the boss of me." I think he might have been referring to me with that one Wink

And...

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I remember the "you're not the boss of me" sig and the towel one, which was so funny. But when I saw the "meh" siggy my stomach sank. I should have sent him a private message right then.

*hugs* I think all of us our having doubts about what we could have done differently. I wish I never left to go on my yoga retreat. I wish I was here for him instead. I wish I could go back in time and change everything because then maybe he'd still be here. I keep replaying our last conversation over in my head. I didn't see any signs of distress in our convo before I left, in fact, he was quite upbeat and was joking around.

I think it's a normal part of the grieving process to replay events in your head, to try and figure out what you could have done differently to prevent things. I think everyone is feeling the same way, we all loved Nishi, we all would do anything and everything for him. We loved him like he loved each and every one of us. I know not one person on here would let him slip away without reacting if they thought for even one second this was going to happen.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
05-05-2016, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 07:49 PM by Aliza.)
(05-05-2016 11:07 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I've refrained from posting more on this thread for two reasons:

1) I don't feel like I was close enough to Nishi to have the right to be emotionally affected (even though I am deeply somehow).

Nobody gets to play the “I loved Nishi more than you did” card. When someone (anyone) passes away, we instinctively rally around each other to try to make sense of it and to connect to the event in an effort to learn and grow from it. In the wake of this tragedy, at least we can rewrite some of the pain of his death by our celebration of his life, and our growth and improved understanding of the circumstances which led him to this decision.

We are all friends in a community where everything we say becomes a record for everyone to read and re-live in the future. If you didn’t know Nishi well before, I encourage you to get to know him better by reading through his posts; you’ll discover a warm, compassionate man who had an excellent sense of humor and a great sense of morality.

Nishi is a permanent part of this community and he’ll continue to touch lives and bring happiness to the people who have known him, and also to the people who will get to know him in the future.

Hug
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
06-05-2016, 06:33 AM
(05-05-2016 11:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 11:07 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I've refrained from posting more on this thread for two reasons:

1) I don't feel like I was close enough to Nishi to have the right to be emotionally affected (even though I am deeply somehow).

Nobody gets to play the “I loved Nishi more than you did” card. When someone (anyone) passes away, we instinctively rally around each other to try to make sense of it and to connect to the event and an effort to learn and grow from it. In the wake of this tragedy, at least we can rewrite some of the pain of his death by our celebration of his life, and our growth and improved understanding of the circumstances which led him to this decision.

We are all friends in a community where everything we say becomes a record for everyone to read and re-live in the future. If you didn’t know Nishi well before, I encourage you to get to know him better by reading through his posts; you’ll discover a warm, compassionate man who had an excellent sense of humor and a great sense of morality.

Nishi is a permanent part of this community and he’ll continue to touch lives and bring happiness to both people who have known him, and to people who will get to know him in the future.

Hug
Absolutely right, one of the things I love most about this community is how we look after our own, sure we may have the odd spat or two but if anyone makes the effort to fit in this is a truly great place to be
[+] 6 users Like adey67's post
06-05-2016, 06:41 AM
(06-05-2016 06:33 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 11:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Nobody gets to play the “I loved Nishi more than you did” card. When someone (anyone) passes away, we instinctively rally around each other to try to make sense of it and to connect to the event and an effort to learn and grow from it. In the wake of this tragedy, at least we can rewrite some of the pain of his death by our celebration of his life, and our growth and improved understanding of the circumstances which led him to this decision.

Nishi is a permanent part of this community and he’ll continue to touch lives and bring happiness to both people who have known him, and to people who will get to know him in the future.

Hug
Absolutely right, one of the things I love most about this community is how we look after our own, sure we may have the odd spat or two but if anyone makes the effort to fit in this is a truly great place to be

That's one thing I really liked when I came here. There are some really considerate people here. Hug I think it's a generally nice community. I think of it like a silly family. I know some people would disagree and that's okay.
[+] 4 users Like CosmicRaven's post
06-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Is there any way we could honour Nishi ? As to me he was the embodiment of how to conduct yourself on an internet forum, he was always kind thoughtful humorous self effacing.... an all round total gentleman. I also feel that some kind of memorial/ celebration of his life would be of benefit to us who are left behind.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-05-2016, 11:42 AM
(06-05-2016 11:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I also feel that some kind of memorial/ celebration of his life would be of benefit to us who are left behind.

That's really what this thread is about.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Opened the thread What’s Happening in Your Neck of the Woods and there were several Nishi posts and for a split second I thought he was back... Sadcryface

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-05-2016, 03:27 PM
(06-05-2016 02:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Opened the thread What’s Happening in Your Neck of the Woods and there were several Nishi posts and for a split second I thought he was back... Sadcryface

Awwww

I had a similar thought when the furry thread was necro'd.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post