Remembering Nishi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 11:37 PM
RE: Remembering Nishi
Came across this song, thought of Nishi. Even if you don't like metal, give It a listen. Lyrics are included.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Hey guys.

As you have seen I have been away. It is only through the kindness of members I am even posting.

Sadly Erik's death had a flow on effect upon my already unsteady immune system. I went downhill pretty fast. Today, or tonight, I remain very ill.

I am however struggling hard. I have spoken to people I am close with about Erik. This kind of departure, being so final, leaves one with a sense of one's helplessness.

I remain cut to the quick by this. Strange in that we never met outside of this forum and our Skype calls. So both mentally and physically I have been dealing with another's choice. In hospital on a cancer ward, or I should say two cancer wards, for 10 months, death was always an enemy. People generally railed against it. Although some religious idiots gave themselves to Jesus.

So this post is a goodbye to a friend. A happy and calm face, at least the one I knew. He had his moments but I recall his being very positive, although that may have been for my benefit. Sadly I cannot ask him. I shall never know.

That hurts.

Goodbye Erik. My dear friend. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 10 users Like Banjo's post
08-05-2016, 07:35 AM
(08-05-2016 07:30 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.

As you have seen I have been away. It is only through the kindness of members I am even posting.

Sadly Erik's death had a flow on effect upon my already unsteady immune system. I went downhill pretty fast. Today, or tonight, I remain very ill.

I am however struggling hard. I have spoken to people I am close with about Erik. This kind of departure, being so final, leaves one with a sense of one's helplessness.

I remain cut to the quick by this. Strange in that we never met outside of this forum and our Skype calls. So both mentally and physically I have been dealing with another's choice. In hospital on a cancer ward, or I should say two cancer wards, for 10 months, death was always an enemy. People generally railed against it. Although some religious idiots gave themselves to Jesus.

So this post is a goodbye to a friend. A happy and calm face, at least the one I knew. He had his moments but I recall his being very positive, although that may have been for my benefit. Sadly I cannot ask him. I shall never know.

That hurts.

Hug

That made me tear up. Please keep fighting the good fight.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
08-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Stay strong, Dale. For Erik.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
08-05-2016, 07:51 AM
(08-05-2016 07:35 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 07:30 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.

That hurts.

Hug

(08-05-2016 07:36 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Stay strong, Dale. For Erik.

Thank you. I fully intend too. Sadly my immune system is currently my enemy. I had to force myself to eat tonight. The first time in three days, but I did it.

This will take time from which to recover. Recover I will. Smile

Many thanks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
08-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Keep on keeping on you stubborn colonial bugger Tongue . Eriks death reminded me of my best mates suicide 10 months and 9 days ago (not that I'm counting...... much Sad ) its not surprising that it has had an effect on your health and emotional state. Sadly I cannot skype you but I promise you are always in my thoughts and I send you much (non gay) love and best wishes. Your friend Adey.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
08-05-2016, 09:48 AM
(08-05-2016 07:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 07:35 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Hug

(08-05-2016 07:36 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Stay strong, Dale. For Erik.

Thank you. I fully intend too. Sadly my immune system is currently my enemy. I had to force myself to eat tonight. The first time in three days, but I did it.

Many thanks. Smile

We all love you Banjo. Thumbsup You're the best.
Nishi's energy has merely been redistributed and rearranged. He and all of us are made of star stuff. That's a fantastic thing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-05-2016, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 02:45 PM by TheGulegon.)
(08-05-2016 07:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thank you. I fully intend too. Sadly my immune system is currently my enemy. I had to force myself to eat tonight. The first time in three days, but I did it.

Many thanks. Smile

I'm still rooting for you, big guy, and I know Erik would be, too. Heart

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
08-05-2016, 03:32 PM
This is very sad and unexpected news; he was in a cheerful mood when I last talked to him a couple of weeks ago. I can't figure out what might have made him do this and at this point I'll probably never find out.

Rest in peace, Nishi. You'll be missed. Sad

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-05-2016, 05:06 PM
I just quoted this in a PM. From Paradise lost.

All is not lost; the unconquerable Will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome?

We will carry on.

Regardless the cost. Weeping

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post