Remembering Nishi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Remembering Nishi
I wish I knew how to help you guys. I can give hugs, but I don't know what else to do. I wish I could bring Erik back somehow. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post
10-05-2016, 08:39 AM
(10-05-2016 08:35 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I wish I knew how to help you guys. I can give hugs, but I don't know what else to do. I wish I could bring Erik back somehow. Sad

None of us do.

Right now, I am worried you will hurt yourself. Which I believe to be a pointless exercise.

Wait long enough. Life will do it to you.

Hopefully not. Smile

You are a valued member and people care.

Kindly remember that. Okay?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
10-05-2016, 11:00 AM
(10-05-2016 08:10 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ----
Simply too many to name.

Cormic Raven.
Jewelarcher.
Tomasia.
Chas.
Mum.
Freethought.
Evenheathen.
Etc etc etc.

If your name is missing, it is not. It is in my mind. I love this community.

I love this place as well. Shy

For quite a long while, I was here constantly and couldn't imagine what I'd be doing otherwise. I'd always check back in as soon as I got a free moment from "real life". This place actually became my "real life". I backed off a bit and have been backing off ever since but still maintain close ties. Today, I can not imagine not having this place to come - to see what is going on, in what I consider "the real world". The perspectives I run into are so outside of the place I reside and yet, I am more comfortable here - people seem more real and present - there is less pretense.

This is where much of my interior life is freed up and has become comfortable enough to work though personal issues and grow.
I've modified my perspective of this place in much the same way I have modified my perspective of relationships; as I've expanded my perspective, I have grown to view each relationship on it's own terms.

Though always fairly accepting, I think I was far more egocentric when I first came here. I've grown and my appreciation and gratitude for others has expanded. I've found a more confident means of trusting others... something I never thought I'd regain after divorcing, among other things.
For me, this is a place that will always be in the world, with or without me... with or without the same people I've come to know, appreciate, and feel close to.

I keep this place with me and feel glad that it is still in the world. I have anticipated that it might one day just not be here. It will sadden me. However, I know that what I've gained being here, will always be a part of me and continue to help me grow.

I feel the same for everyone here; I feel better just knowing that all these people here, are out there somewhere in the world. I am grateful to know this.

I'm sad for the loss of our friend Nishi, but I know that I was lucky enough to know him at all and what I gained from knowing him, will be in the world as long as I am. Shy

Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 9 users Like kim's post
10-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Echoing what others have said, the love and support in this forum and in this thread literally brings me to tears. I'm very, very sad that Erik is gone, and that I never really got a chance to know him. From what I can see he was a truly amazing person.
But I am really thankful that you all are here. I'm proud to be a part of a community full of such awesome people. I wish I had more than just words to express my feelings. Thank you for showing that atheism can so often be much more than just lack of a belief in a god, and can bring with it true, positive humanism.
[+] 5 users Like debna27's post
12-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Well damn. the first thing I read after checking this site for the first time in months. I remember the guy as being very warm and positive. Although his frequent hugs were a bit peculiar to me, I thought he seemed nice. I believe he mentioned having children. Very sad.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
21-05-2016, 11:05 AM
At least in my book, today marks a month since Nishi passed. I realize that we don’t know the exact date, but this is the date that I recognize. I’ll still be raw for a while, but I’ve actually done a good amount of healing in the past few weeks. I have an exceptional support network and where I am now is much better than where I was when the impact first struck. I miss Nishi dearly, but at least I’ve found a take-away that I can hang onto. I now have a greater understanding about how suicide and depression could impact people in my personal life, and I am very close with people who are most certainly susceptible. Maybe the knowledge gained through this will help me to help someone in the future.

I hope everyone who was friendly with him is managing well.
[+] 9 users Like Aliza's post
21-05-2016, 12:45 PM
My son came over a couple nights ago and saw my keys on the counter. He asked whose keys they were...I said they were mine. He looked at me quite puzzled and said, "Pokemom?" Yeah, my Pikachu key ring makes me smile. A reminder of a really nice guy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
21-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Even if our memory of him fades, a piece of him, literally, lives on in the genes he passed to his daughter. She is alive. Big Grin And prolly looks a lot better in a Pokemon cap than her father did. Tongue
Hug Heart

[+] 7 users Like TheGulegon's post
11-04-2017, 10:31 PM
I'm going to stick this thread for a while, in case anyone wishes to post or newbies who didn't know him can learn what a great person he was.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 13 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Hug