Remembering Nishi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: Remembering Nishi
Heart
Hug

I will remember his funny, kind and sweet messages. We were just barely becoming friends- we would send each other occasional messages and joke with each other. . . but I did not expect this...
so very sorry and sad.
So sorry for his daughter and family.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like carol's post
01-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Just logged in for the first time this weekend and saw this sad news and...it's such a shock. I know I've not been here long, but he was such a warm and kind person, seemingly filled with such joy. A cousin, an ex-girlfriend, and a friend have all tried to take their own lives and not succeeded, and what that taught me was that no one ends their own life, not usually, if they're in their right mind when thinking about it and not clouded by severe depression or other issues. From the sound of it, though he didn't bring it up while I was around the forums at least, that seems to be what has happened here, and it just feels like a gut punch to read that Erik lost his life in the way he did. He will be missed.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Shai Hulud's post
01-05-2016, 06:14 PM
(03-02-2016 12:31 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  *Huuuuuuuug*

My last hug from Nishi Sadcryface Heart

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 21 users Like Losty's post
01-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Holy fuck. I wanna vomit right now. I haven't gotten close to him, but from what I saw, he was an amazing individual and I appreciated his support with the forum lounge and stuff. I deeply regret not getting to know him better.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 8 users Like Atothetheist's post
01-05-2016, 07:59 PM
(01-05-2016 05:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  To those who have sent PM's I've yet to answer. I am simply unable right now. I shall read them later.

Thanks SK.

To think, I was here. He could have called.....

Add yet another failure to the growing list.......

We each own our own actions. His decision was not and is not your responsibility, brotha.

The best we can do is try, but in the end, the decision was his alone.
[+] 13 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Sadcryface

I logged on because I had something to post for why it's a good day - I love seeing others' posts there, I find it uplifting to read others' joys and what various events make people happy. And then I see this.

Now...it's not such a good day. My heart is breaking.

The people on this site are why I'm still here - you were here when I thought I had no one, and proved to me I wasn't alone. When my world was burning to the ground, you rescued me from myself. I hate that nothing prevented this. That poor little girl. This will never be okay. I do not say poor Erik because he is no longer, the only Erik left is in the hearts of those who loved him.

Fuck hindsight. I wish I could have done more, and yet there's nothing.

"The tragedy of life is often not in our failure, but rather in our complacency; not in our doing too much, but rather in our doing too little; not in our living above our ability, but rather in us living below our capacities." ~ Benjamin Mays

Friends, we live on. Let's live. Really fucking live. And love the shit out of each other. We're only here for a moment and then it's gone. Heart

Goddammit. I'm really going to miss him. He was fucking awesome.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 24 users Like Nurse's post
01-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Hug
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
01-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Da'fuq Nishi! You didn't have permission to leave the party early... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I am really going to miss the banter between him an Jenny. Sadcryface

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 6 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
01-05-2016, 08:51 PM
(01-05-2016 08:24 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sadcryface

The people on this site are why I'm still here - you were here when I thought I had no one, and proved to me I wasn't alone. When my world was burning to the ground, you rescued me from myself. I hate that nothing prevented this.

You are loved. Deeply. Heart

As you say, nothing could have prevented this.

I too, think of his girl. That poor girl.

Chemicals in the brain are hard to control. Erik would not have wanted to hurt her. Something went horribly wrong.

It is ironic that today marks the return to my own mind altering chemicals. If I appear mad over the next week or so, just ignore it.

Thumpa, I know mate. Thanks my friend.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 10 users Like Banjo's post