Remembrance Day/Vetrans day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Remembrance Day/Vetrans day
Every year we honour those that fought for our freedoms but often the ceremonies are so laced with religious ceremony that the two have truly become intertwined and the thought of not having one without the other must seem so foreign to those involved with the planning etc.
I wanted to pose the thought or question though about these types of ceremonies. I never have any reason to not participate or have issue with any ceremony that has religious threads because if that group or persons choose that, that is their choice and that is their ceremony and inviting me to come is my choice and my choice to respect what I am attending. However, is this the choice of all the soldiers that attend? I wonder if this is an issue or not, or something that ever been addressed or something that is too rooted to change?
Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: Remembrance Day/Vetrans day
I can't speak for any other part of the world but I will have nothing to do with any of the remembrance services in the UK. Not because they are religious but because the remembrance movement in the UK has been horrifyingly politicised to the point where it is not just meaningless but utterly hypocritical.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply