Removing "In God We Trust" Signs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Removing "In God We Trust" Signs
We just need to finish the sentence...

“In God we trust” to fuck us over.

“In God we trust” nothing of value.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-08-2015, 07:28 PM
(27-08-2015 07:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  All people believe in this God. They just have different opinions about Him.

I don't think anyone really believes in god.
OK,

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-08-2015, 10:52 PM
(27-08-2015 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 07:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Seriously, Alla? The phrase "In God We Trust" doesn't mean all gods, it means the Judeo-Christian god only. How do you not fall down more?
All people believe in this God. They just have different opinions about Him.

I really hope your ignorance is a product of English not being your first language. I can't imagine someone being this obtuse without a severe brain malady.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
27-08-2015, 11:26 PM
In God we trust except for those of us who think he's a shady motherfucker...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-08-2015, 09:12 AM
I have no idea what currency has to do with religion, but this statement should be removed.... or expanded. The quarter can say "In Satan we trust" and the one dollar bill can read, "In Allah we trust." Let's give the the 5 dollar bill to the FSM, the 10 dollar bill to the Atheists, the 20 dollar bill can go to the Christians. We Jews can take the 100 bill, and it can read, "In the unspeakable name of the creator of the universe we trust."

If the religious right has got to stop falling out on the floor and flailing their arms and legs when they don't get their way. We must have equal coverage or no coverage for all religions including lack of religion.

Last year in the Florida State Capitol building, right next to the manger of baby jesus, we had an aluminum Festivus pole made out of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans and a spaghetti monster with a scripture from ProvHerbs. The Satanists put up their display of an angel being cast down into the fiery pit of hell.

It's got to be all or none.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
28-08-2015, 05:33 PM
(26-08-2015 02:28 PM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  Hi fellow atheists! Its been quite some time since I've been on this website but I have a question that perhaps one of you can help me with?Thumbsup I was enduring a lovely visit to my local DMV the other day and as I was exiting I noticed a decent sized bronze plaque tacked on the exterior of the building displaying the words "IN GOD WE TRUST" .Gasp Facepalm

WHAT THE HELL DMV

Now I can understand MABY seeing this on an older building, but this particular DMV is a fresh build and I am baffled as to why this would ever be allowed!? Consider

Is there a way to have this removed?! How or who do I need to track down? HAYLP

In Florida the state motto is "In God We Trust" so it's probably okay on State buildings. Do you live in Florida?

#sigh
28-08-2015, 05:59 PM
(27-08-2015 07:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 07:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  I don't think anyone really believes in god.

Because they don't. Theists think they do but they're just in denial. They all subliminally don't know the truth that there is no god.

okay, Sye Ten Muffincate Rolleyes

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
28-08-2015, 07:31 PM
In God We TRust

Fixed!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
28-08-2015, 10:07 PM
(27-08-2015 05:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 02:28 PM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  Hi fellow atheists! Its been quite some time since I've been on this website but I have a question that perhaps one of you can help me with?Thumbsup I was enduring a lovely visit to my local DMV the other day and as I was exiting I noticed a decent sized bronze plaque tacked on the exterior of the building displaying the words "IN GOD WE TRUST" .Gasp Facepalm

WHAT THE HELL DMV

Now I can understand MABY seeing this on an older building, but this particular DMV is a fresh build and I am baffled as to why this would ever be allowed!? Consider

Majority of the people trust in God. ignore the sign.
Or put your own sign next to it "atheists do not trust in God".

Perhps we could settle on a nice "In God and Santa Clause and Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy we trust" signYes
28-08-2015, 10:24 PM
(28-08-2015 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

WHAT THE HELL DMV

In Florida the state motto is "In God We Trust" so it's probably okay on State buildings. Do you live in Florida?

No haha funny enough I live in "Sin City"! Granted I'm not going around searching for this shit day and night but this is the first time I've run across this issue here Evil_monster