Rep-arations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Rep-arations
(22-02-2016 10:28 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 11:24 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  When I first joined TTA, I seem to remember a post by someone who wanted to help bulk up the rep points of members.

With the recent Muffs post about Pablo stirring some rep activity, it got me to thinking that maybe another post about helping rep stats couldn't hurt. And to be honest, Pablo and I had a rep exchange a little while ago that basically said, "Wow, can't believe we haven't ripped each other, sorry it took so long!"

When I look at a lot of my rep comments, there are quite a few that say, "Sorry it took so long," or "Well overdue." I am totally guilty of this and want to make reparations. Laughat

So, to anyone I haven't repped yet (and I know I meant to) who would like me to rep them, just post here and I will boost your numbers with my pathetic little +1. If you haven't repped me and you'd like to, I won't protest, but it's not quid pro quo. I'll still rep you.

While we all know rep means nothing, it certainly doesn't make you frown when someone acknowledges you in a positive light.

So, let me light up your life. Bowing

I've only been around for a few months. how does one get repped, and what meaning is attached thereto?

Traditionally, fellow TTA members read your comments, and based on them, sometimes they take a moment to bolster your reputation by clicking on the Rate User button in your profile. Maybe you made them laugh, or you were compassionate with a member, etc. Perhaps they appreciate your effort or just generally like you. Anyway, the meaning is what you make of it. I like to read the reps of other people because it gives me an idea of your that person's stance, personality, beliefs, etc. If you are difficult to deal with or are irrational, your rep would reflect that, too.

I'm going to rep you now because you contributed to this thread and brought to light the subject of rep meaning. Big Grin

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-02-2016, 10:37 AM
(22-02-2016 10:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  A few more I thought of that need more reps Wink

Cactus
Thinkerbelle
Old Man Marsh
Grasshopper
Fatbaldhobbit

So much for taking time off. Smartass

I'll rep those that contribute to this and are looking to bolster numbers, I'm not just repping lists.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-02-2016, 01:33 PM
(22-02-2016 10:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  A few more I thought of that need more reps Wink

Cactus
Thinkerbelle
Old Man Marsh
Grasshopper
Fatbaldhobbit

[Image: raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-02-2016, 01:35 PM
(22-02-2016 01:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Cactus
Thinkerbelle
Old Man Marsh
Grasshopper
Fatbaldhobbit

[Image: raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif]

Well that earned you a rep if I havent done it already! LOLOL
22-02-2016, 01:44 PM
(22-02-2016 01:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 01:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  [Image: raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif]

Well that earned you a rep if I havent done it already! LOLOL

Fun fact: my avatar is also a Doctor Who reference.

Have some Doctor Hoot.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-02-2016, 01:53 PM
(22-02-2016 01:44 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 01:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well that earned you a rep if I havent done it already! LOLOL

Fun fact: my avatar is also a Doctor Who reference.

Have some Doctor Hoot.

That is very cute! My daughter would love that!
22-02-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm really glad this thread came up actually. I went back an read all the comments in my rep and it made me smile. Such kind things. *hugs for those people* Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
22-02-2016, 02:15 PM
(19-02-2016 11:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Well you repped me...but here's some awesome people that need some more reps, imo Wink

Nishi
Adey
TurkeyBurner
Heatheness
Carol
Aliza
Jason_Delisle
Can of Beans
Yakherder
Deidre
Szuchow
Banjo
Organic Chemist
Commonsensei
Fireball
GenesisNemesis

Just sayin' Drinking Beverage

...And I'm sure way more members are deserving of some rep lovin' that I can't think of right now!

I don't think I belong on that list. All I do, is make furry threads about you and post pictures of a guy in stupid hats.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
22-02-2016, 02:17 PM
(22-02-2016 02:15 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 11:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Well you repped me...but here's some awesome people that need some more reps, imo Wink

Nishi
Adey
TurkeyBurner
Heatheness
Carol
Aliza
Jason_Delisle
Can of Beans
Yakherder
Deidre
Szuchow
Banjo
Organic Chemist
Commonsensei
Fireball
GenesisNemesis

...And I'm sure way more members are deserving of some rep lovin' that I can't think of right now!

I don't think I belong on that list. All I do, is make furry threads about you and post pictures of a guy in stupid hats.

Yeah, how you have any rep at all is a mystery. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-02-2016, 02:19 PM
(22-02-2016 02:15 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  

Nishi
Adey
TurkeyBurner
Heatheness
Carol
Aliza
Jason_Delisle
Can of Beans
Yakherder
Deidre
Szuchow
Banjo
Organic Chemist
Commonsensei
Fireball
GenesisNemesis

Hey! Hat rep is legit! I have a rep just for my tinfoil hat! Dont try to take that away from us! Tongue