Rep-arations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Rep-arations
Rep is dumb.

Except when it is +rep given to me. Then it's okay.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
22-02-2016, 04:36 PM
I've never neg-repped anyone. Well except for BlowMe but he deserved it. Then I felt bad so I forgave him.

#sigh
22-02-2016, 04:49 PM
(22-02-2016 10:33 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  ...
Traditionally, fellow TTA members read your comments, and based on them, sometimes they take a moment to bolster your reputation by clicking on the Rate User button in your profile. Maybe you made them laugh, or you were compassionate with a member, etc. Perhaps they appreciate your effort or just generally like you.

I think that last bit is it. It's a way of saying "I like you" which also makes the giver feel good.

Imagine how miserable life would be if you didn't like anyone.

It's be like standing, crying in the rain.

(22-02-2016 01:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  ...
[Image: raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif]

Angel

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-02-2016, 04:53 PM
(22-02-2016 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've never neg-repped anyone. Well except for BlowMe but he deserved it. Then I felt bad so I forgave him.

Ditto. But for me it was Wicked Clown.

People have different tolerance thresholds and different criteria.

I think my positive reps came largely from people who wanted to see their pets back unharmed.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
22-02-2016, 04:53 PM
(22-02-2016 04:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 10:33 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  ...
Traditionally, fellow TTA members read your comments, and based on them, sometimes they take a moment to bolster your reputation by clicking on the Rate User button in your profile. Maybe you made them laugh, or you were compassionate with a member, etc. Perhaps they appreciate your effort or just generally like you.

I think that last bit is it. It's a way of saying "I like you" which also makes the giver feel good.

I seem to find mine entirely influenced by whether or not the person doesn't afraid of anything.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
22-02-2016, 04:56 PM
(22-02-2016 04:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've never neg-repped anyone. Well except for BlowMe but he deserved it. Then I felt bad so I forgave him.

Ditto. But for me it was Wicked Clown.

People have different tolerance thresholds and different criteria.

I think my positive reps came largely from people who wanted to see their pets back unharmed.

Drinking Beverage

Or neighbors they didn't.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 05:03 PM
(22-02-2016 04:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Imagine how miserable life would be if you didn't like anyone.

It's be like standing, crying in the rain.

It's sort of like this:

I CAN'T FUNK UP

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-02-2016, 05:42 PM
(22-02-2016 02:44 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 02:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You think that's stupid. I make reeeeeeally dumb threads about women's face cream. DodgyRolleyes

As soon as I hit the post button I knew it was gonna go south. Blush

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ace+creams

Facepalm
What do you mean by stupid. Most guys would love to cream a girl's face.

You just made several angels cry with that statement Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-02-2016, 05:44 PM
(22-02-2016 04:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 02:15 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I don't think I belong on that list. All I do, is make furry threads about you and post pictures of a guy in stupid hats.

it's ok, I don't really make decent contributions to the forum either, just bad jokes and puns mostly and I am not on the list for good reason lol

I didn't put you on the list because you have 60 reps. Plus all you have to do is post your dancing spider video and you'll get 20 reps right there Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-02-2016, 05:48 PM
(22-02-2016 05:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 04:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  it's ok, I don't really make decent contributions to the forum either, just bad jokes and puns mostly and I am not on the list for good reason lol

I didn't put you on the list because you have 60 reps. Plus all you have to do is post your dancing spider video and you'll get 20 reps right there Wink

I know, I'm only kidding lol and that's not true Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post