Rep for a post?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 09:12 AM
RE: Rep for a post?
It was a way for people to assign unlimited rep to a user - a loophole.

The think 1 rep per user is fair. If you want to assign rep because of a post you can link to it in the rep comment. I think limited mycode tags work like the url tag.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
28-08-2012, 09:17 AM
(28-08-2012 09:12 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  It was a way for people to assign unlimited rep to a user - a loophole.

The think 1 rep per user is fair. If you want to assign rep because of a post you can link to it in the rep comment. I think limited mycode tags work like the url tag.

OK, that makes sense. Clearly a loophole that would require a lot of code to manage.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2012, 09:21 AM
(28-08-2012 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 09:12 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  It was a way for people to assign unlimited rep to a user - a loophole.

OK, that makes sense. Clearly a loophole that would require a lot of code to manage.

Ouch... Was that terse and deadly sarcasm? Evil_monster

I see Chas stepping up offering to change code for this forum behaviour. Obviously whenever patches come out for the forum software he will also be willing to re-apply his changes to the code.

How important is this really? In the grand scheme the rep system still works fine as it is for me.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
28-08-2012, 12:39 PM
(28-08-2012 09:21 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  OK, that makes sense. Clearly a loophole that would require a lot of code to manage.

Ouch... Was that terse and deadly sarcasm? Evil_monster

I see Chas stepping up offering to change code for this forum behaviour. Obviously whenever patches come out for the forum software he will also be willing to re-apply his changes to the code.

How important is this really? In the grand scheme the rep system still works fine as it is for me.

No sarcasm.No I agree it is not worth the effort of managing post reps to close the loophole.Yes

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-08-2012, 12:48 PM
(28-08-2012 09:07 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  There was a reason to get rid of it. I can't remember what it was but it was a good one.

Chas was destroying AbdelZ. Not that that was bad... but yeah.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-08-2012, 12:58 PM
(28-08-2012 12:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 09:07 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  There was a reason to get rid of it. I can't remember what it was but it was a good one.

Chas was destroying AbdelZ. Not that that was bad... but yeah.

Was I?

I think I was trying to get him to -100.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-08-2012, 01:13 PM
(28-08-2012 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 12:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Chas was destroying AbdelZ. Not that that was bad... but yeah.

Was I?

I think I was trying to get him to -100.

Ha - you mean he wasn't there already? Tongue

I've never given negative rep. I don't even know what ... uh... hmm. I don't think I'll continue to entertain this thought trajectory.

No need to further expose my loving true nature. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Well, could you not add a feature where you can show the reason why? (other than what is already there?) Actually, never mind.

Under Repair.