Replace electoral college with weighted direct vote?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: Replace electoral college with weighted direct vote?
(24-11-2016 01:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 12:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Provide evidence of this.

California doesn't require any form of identification to vote. I grew up in L.A. and all the mexican kids I knew used to say their illegal parents could vote easily. No questions asked. They even hand out ballots in Spanish.

I spent 28 years in California living among the migrant workers and never found this to be true at all.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-11-2016, 02:04 PM
(24-11-2016 01:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 12:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Provide evidence of this.

California doesn't require any form of identification to vote. I grew up in L.A. and all the mexican kids I knew used to say their illegal parents could vote easily. No questions asked. They even hand out ballots in Spanish.
Of course they hand out ballots in Spanish in heavy Spanish areas. Which aren't at all vastly a bunch if illegals but a bunch of Spanish speaking/reading citizens in of a country with no official language intentionally to desire and grow with developing lives of people who have varried language backgrounds.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-11-2016, 02:50 PM
(24-11-2016 01:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 01:18 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Me too. The U.S. Military would pull out all assets. And the Russians and Chinese would move in the next day. They'd be begging to be back in within a week.

Oh, I strongly doubt that the old US would want the Chinese and Russians there.

The US isn't going to allow secession either. Remember what happened in 1863? That would happen again, except defeat would be more certain, more decisive, and quick.

[Image: 1ersi5.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Generator

24-11-2016, 03:33 PM
(24-11-2016 02:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 01:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, I strongly doubt that the old US would want the Chinese and Russians there.

The US isn't going to allow secession either. Remember what happened in 1863? That would happen again, except defeat would be more certain, more decisive, and quick.

[Image: 1ersi5.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Generator

Do you really think we are still stupid enough to have a civil war? Oh my dog, humanity is so far away from being civil if that's the case. The US would be like Russia and conquer seceded states. (shudders)

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-11-2016, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2016 03:53 PM by Gloucester.)
There is a short sci-fi storie, from decades ago, where Mr Average American is decided by computer, to be dragged - kicking and screaming - into virtual incarceration in the White House.

Seems as good a system as any . . .

Wink

Another version by Asimov

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
24-11-2016, 04:40 PM
No. System is fine. It's been fine since 1800 when it was first used.

[Image: 17d574c4a623858b5bdb974339b1bc338e4f5e9a...299925.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-11-2016, 04:53 PM
(24-11-2016 04:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No. System is fine. It's been fine since 1800 when it was first used.

Good to know that alternate suggestions and opinions regarding what one may see as a flawed system is whining now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-11-2016, 05:11 PM
(24-11-2016 04:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 04:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No. System is fine. It's been fine since 1800 when it was first used.

Good to know that alternate suggestions and opinions regarding what one may see as a flawed system is whining now.

It's only fair -- when whining about the results of an election is called "protesting" and deemed legitimate.....

It's "protesting the protestors" -- and I've already done that thread....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-11-2016, 05:49 PM
(24-11-2016 04:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I wasn't a flawed system until November 9, 2016.

This forum is filled with the left and there are literally zero topics about changing the "flawed" system until Trump won.

All of a sudden it's flawed and unfair.

It works the way it's supposed to work. It keeps larger states in check, and it keeps them from strong arming the rest of the nation to their will.

The system works. My candidate lost too. In 4 more years, we get to try again.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-11-2016, 06:35 PM
(24-11-2016 05:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 04:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Good to know that alternate suggestions and opinions regarding what one may see as a flawed system is whining now.

I wasn't a flawed system until November 9, 2016.

This forum is filled with the left and there are literally zero topics about changing the "flawed" system until Trump won.

All of a sudden it's flawed and unfair.

It works the way it's supposed to work. It keeps larger states in check, and it keeps them from strong arming the rest of the nation to their will.

The system works. My candidate lost too. In 4 more years, we get to try again.

That may be the case on this forum, but prior to now I don't think many people actually had a reason to be vocal or care depending on their individual stances, and here is an outlet for most of the users. So naturally a lot of people will be 'whining' about it not their interest has been stirred.

Regardless of the phenomenon here, t's not like larger criticism of the EC is a new thing; it's been going on for decades at the least.

I'll just throw my hat in the ring to say; assuming CGPGrey's videos are reliable (not necessarily doing so) then you I'd say the EC looks pretty silly. But I'm all the way down in Aus so what do I know of yankee politicking.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.