Replaying some old games (top 10).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2014 03:05 AM by kingschosen.)
Replaying some old games (top 10).
In order of precedence I'm giving the games:

1) Parasite Eve - this is my main focus right now. I had forgotten how wonderful and awesome this game was. PE definitely needs a reboot. It would do well on a next-gen console such as the PS4. Man... that would be great.

2) FFVI and FFVII - playing these sporadically. This will be my 4th or 5th play through for each of them.

3) BoF IV - I've never actually played it. So, playing it a little here and there. It hasn't captured me yet.

4) Xenogears - never played this one either... giving it the same treatment as BoF. Not that impressed so far.

5) Vagrant Story - About 75% done with it. This is my 3rd or 4th play through. Phenomenal game.

6) Chrono Trigger - About 40% done with it. This is like my 8th play through. By far one of my favorite games of all time.

7) RE 1 DC, 2, 3, CVX, and 4. I finished 5 last year and have been playing them here and there. Great series of games.

8) PE 2 - I haven't ever played it. I tried but got bored quickly. I may try it again after I beat PE.

9) Rygar (the new one) - started playing it. Trying to get into it because I was/am a huge fan of the original NES game. The game seems very flat and blah, though.

10) Silent Hill - trying to get into it like I did when I was younger... but can't. Guess I have too much RE on the brain.

HM) Suikoden - It's not on the list because I beat it a few months back (4th play through). Another great RPG and one of my all time favs.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
26-08-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Replaying some old games (top 10).
(26-08-2014 08:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  In order of precedence I'm giving the games:

1) Parasite Eve - this is my main focus right now. I had forgotten how wonderful and awesome this game was. PE definitely needs a reboot. It would do well on a next-gen console such as the PS4. Man... that would be great.

2) FFVI and FFVII - playing these sporadically. This will be my 4th or 5th play through for each of them.

3) BoF IV - I've never actually played it. So, playing it a little here and there. It hasn't captured me yet.

4) Xenogears - never played this one either... giving it the same treatment as BoF. Not that impressed so far.

5) Vagrant Story - About 75% done with it. This is my 3rd or 4th play through. Phenomenal game.

6) Chrono Trigger - About 40% done with it. This is like my 8th play through. By far one of my favorite games of all time.

7) RE 1 DC, 2, 3, CVX, and 4. I finished 5 last year and have been playing them here and there. Great series of games.

8) PE 2 - I haven't ever played it. I tried but got bored quickly. I may try it again after I beat PE.

9) Rygar (the new one) - started playing it. Trying to get into it because I was/am a huge fan of the original NES game. The game seems very flat and blah, though.

10) Silent Hill - trying to get into it like I did when I was younger... but can't. Guess I have too much RE on the brain.

HR) Suikoden - It's not on the list because I beat it a few months back (4th play through). Another great RPG and one of my all time favs.

Have you ever played [Image: Dragon_Quest_VIII_Journey_of_the_Cursed_King.jpeg]?

If you like old school JRPGs you will love this one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-08-2014, 09:02 AM
(26-08-2014 08:58 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Have you ever played [Image: Dragon_Quest_VIII_Journey_of_the_Cursed_King.jpeg]?

Negatory

Is it on the PSN for the PS3? If not, I don't see it in my future (as this is how I'm playing my old school stuff).

26-08-2014, 09:09 AM
(26-08-2014 09:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 08:58 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Have you ever played [Image: Dragon_Quest_VIII_Journey_of_the_Cursed_King.jpeg]?

Negatory

Is it on the PSN for the PS3? If not, I don't see it in my future (as this is how I'm playing my old school stuff).

It is not, is your PS3 backwards compatible? If so you can get the game for under $20 easily.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-08-2014, 09:30 AM
(26-08-2014 09:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 09:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Negatory

It is not, is your PS3 backwards compatible? If so you can get the game for under $20 easily.

No, but I do have a working PS2. Didn't think about that.

26-08-2014, 09:34 AM
(26-08-2014 08:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  In order of precedence I'm giving the games:

HR) Suikoden - It's not on the list because I beat it a few months back (4th play through). Another great RPG and one of my all time favs.

The funny thing is, Vagrant Story exists within the same continuity and the same world as a few other Final Fantasy games. They all take place within the world of Ivalice, and this world is the setting for Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift.

[Image: ff12-balthier.jpg]

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice_Alliance

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-08-2014, 10:05 AM
(26-08-2014 09:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

The funny thing is, Vagrant Story exists within the same continuity and the same world as a few other Final Fantasy games. They all take place within the world of Ivalice, and this world is the setting for Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift.

[Image: ff12-balthier.jpg]

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice_Alliance

Well how about that?

Learned something new.

That's actually pretty cool.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
26-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Parasite Eve was such a good game. I was around six or seven years old when one day, I walked in and began watching my uncle play it. I was so freaked out by the intro when I was little, because games like Silent Hill and Haunting Ground scared me. About two years ago, I found the game (accidentally) on Amazon while looking for a copy of Haunting Ground, and played through it my first time since observing it when I was little. It's a spectacular game, in my opinion.
26-08-2014, 10:24 AM
(26-08-2014 10:11 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Parasite Eve was such a good game. I was around six or seven years old when one day, I walked in and began watching my uncle play it. I was so freaked out by the intro when I was little, because games like Silent Hill and Haunting Ground scared me. About two years ago, I found the game (accidentally) on Amazon while looking for a copy of Haunting Ground, and played through it my first time since observing it when I was little. It's a spectacular game, in my opinion.

They were indeed great games.
(the first one is better)

Closest the PS1 got to System Shock...

... this is my signature!
26-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Never heard of any of those.

I'm in the wrong section again.

Dodgy