Replaying some old games (top 10).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: Replaying some old games (top 10).
I can go really old school, here are some old ones I still play:

1. Ascendancy: A 4x Space Empire game from the mid-90's, they resurrected it and made it for the iPhone! I've been playing it ever since.

2. Master of Orion 2: Another 4x Space Empire game, many consider it the best 4x game ever, fortunately I've found the Gamers Gate site that has old games for download that will work in the Win 7 O/S.

3. X-COM UFO Defence: Some think this was the best game ever made, a turn-based tactical game where you defend the Earth from invading aliens.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Re: Replaying some old games (top 10).
I've recently gone further back to the early 80s. Got one of these delivered;
[Image: 944ba95599ec9f445df56c80e8ed51bf.jpg]

And a latest full mame set. Donkey Kong, Galaxian, Galaga etc.. have been keeping me very busy with the X-arcade stick which is perfect. I have just beaten, after 30 odd years of trying, to bomb the base station on Scramble. Glad I never cheated and stuck with 3 lives as it's been a lifelong ambition.
Doesn't say much for my ambitions really does it, ah well...

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TubbyTubby's post
28-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Hey buddy, thanks for making me remember about all the old games. From the list above I personally like Vagrant Story, it is an action role playing game developed in Japan and published by Square for the play station. It consist of unique battle, complex story line as well as various monsters and puzzles in it's feature.

Dragon city hack tool
28-10-2014, 03:46 PM
GoldenEye 007
28-10-2014, 07:42 PM
I like most of the stuff KC likes when it comes to video games. To call something from PS2 old-school though? Heresy!

29-10-2014, 12:17 AM
(26-08-2014 08:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  In order of precedence I'm giving the games:

1) Parasite Eve - this is my main focus right now. I had forgotten how wonderful and awesome this game was. PE definitely needs a reboot. It would do well on a next-gen console such as the PS4. Man... that would be great.

Loved this game and it's sequel back in the day. I think we must be the sameish age.

2) FFVI and FFVII - playing these sporadically. This will be my 4th or 5th play through for each of them.

I really enjoyed 7 but never cared much for 6 even though it's a fan favorite. I actually liked 8 the most. Unpopular opinion as that is.

3) BoF IV - I've never actually played it. So, playing it a little here and there. It hasn't captured me yet.

I enjoyed the art style of this one but it also never captured me and I never finished it.

4) Xenogears - never played this one either... giving it the same treatment as BoF. Not that impressed so far.

I beat this one but only because I was bored and probably high as a kite. The story was lame but the combat was decent.

5) Vagrant Story - About 75% done with it. This is my 3rd or 4th play through. Phenomenal game.

People like this game and I just can't fathom why. I really didn't like it, but maybe I didn't give it a fair shot.

6) Chrono Trigger - About 40% done with it. This is like my 8th play through. By far one of my favorite games of all time.

I love this game, but I actually like Chrono Cross better even though I believe it's not as good as trigger. The colours are just so vibrant

7) RE 1 DC, 2, 3, CVX, and 4. I finished 5 last year and have been playing them here and there. Great series of games.

I've never actually been a huge Resident evil fan. I always felt like the only thing the games did was give you horrid controls and then design the game around that. Though I've played through most of them. Six is by far the worst. It's one of the worst big name games I've ever played.

8) PE 2 - I haven't ever played it. I tried but got bored quickly. I may try it again after I beat PE.

I don't know what this is.

9) Rygar (the new one) - started playing it. Trying to get into it because I was/am a huge fan of the original NES game. The game seems very flat and blah, though.

Never played it.

10) Silent Hill - trying to get into it like I did when I was younger... but can't. Guess I have too much RE on the brain.

I also recently tried playing silent hills one and two and found that sometimes you can't go back again.

HR) Suikoden - It's not on the list because I beat it a few months back (4th play through). Another great RPG and one of my all time favs.

Suikoden is my all time favorite RPG. It's ugly, and has 3 archaic battle styles, with some seriously generic characters but shut up. I love this game. One of the few games I've maxed. It's super annoying to get all of the characters especially without a guide to aide you. But I did it. I also like it better than the second game even though that is considered by most to be the best in the series. Everything after 2 sucks really badly though.

Have you ever played final fantasy tactics? It's one of my favorite games of the ps1 generation. So good.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
29-10-2014, 12:47 AM
(29-10-2014 12:17 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Have you ever played final fantasy tactics? It's one of my favorite games of the ps1 generation. So good.
[/b]

Yep.

[Image: g0061949124.jpg]

And Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

[Image: FinalFantasyTacticsAdvanceGBACoverArtUS.jpg]

And Final Fantasy Tactics Advance A2: Grimoire of the Rift

[Image: Final_Fantasy_Tactics_A2.jpg]

Also for good measure, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Awakening is fucking amazeballs.

[Image: GBA_Fire_Emblem_Box.jpg]

[Image: Fire-Emblem-Sacred-Stones_GBA_US_ESRB.jpg]

[Image: Cover_Fire_Emblem_Awakening.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-10-2014, 02:13 AM
(29-10-2014 12:17 AM)lucradis Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 08:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  In order of precedence I'm giving the games:

1) Parasite Eve - this is my main focus right now. I had forgotten how wonderful and awesome this game was. PE definitely needs a reboot. It would do well on a next-gen console such as the PS4. Man... that would be great.

Loved this game and it's sequel back in the day. I think we must be the sameish age.

2) FFVI and FFVII - playing these sporadically. This will be my 4th or 5th play through for each of them.

I really enjoyed 7 but never cared much for 6 even though it's a fan favorite. I actually liked 8 the most. Unpopular opinion as that is.

3) BoF IV - I've never actually played it. So, playing it a little here and there. It hasn't captured me yet.

I enjoyed the art style of this one but it also never captured me and I never finished it.

4) Xenogears - never played this one either... giving it the same treatment as BoF. Not that impressed so far.

I beat this one but only because I was bored and probably high as a kite. The story was lame but the combat was decent.

5) Vagrant Story - About 75% done with it. This is my 3rd or 4th play through. Phenomenal game.

People like this game and I just can't fathom why. I really didn't like it, but maybe I didn't give it a fair shot.

6) Chrono Trigger - About 40% done with it. This is like my 8th play through. By far one of my favorite games of all time.

I love this game, but I actually like Chrono Cross better even though I believe it's not as good as trigger. The colours are just so vibrant

7) RE 1 DC, 2, 3, CVX, and 4. I finished 5 last year and have been playing them here and there. Great series of games.

I've never actually been a huge Resident evil fan. I always felt like the only thing the games did was give you horrid controls and then design the game around that. Though I've played through most of them. Six is by far the worst. It's one of the worst big name games I've ever played.

8) PE 2 - I haven't ever played it. I tried but got bored quickly. I may try it again after I beat PE.

I don't know what this is.

9) Rygar (the new one) - started playing it. Trying to get into it because I was/am a huge fan of the original NES game. The game seems very flat and blah, though.

Never played it.

10) Silent Hill - trying to get into it like I did when I was younger... but can't. Guess I have too much RE on the brain.

I also recently tried playing silent hills one and two and found that sometimes you can't go back again.

HR) Suikoden - It's not on the list because I beat it a few months back (4th play through). Another great RPG and one of my all time favs.

Suikoden is my all time favorite RPG. It's ugly, and has 3 archaic battle styles, with some seriously generic characters but shut up. I love this game. One of the few games I've maxed. It's super annoying to get all of the characters especially without a guide to aide you. But I did it. I also like it better than the second game even though that is considered by most to be the best in the series. Everything after 2 sucks really badly though.

Have you ever played final fantasy tactics? It's one of my favorite games of the ps1 generation. So good.

I played the fuck up out of Suikoden back in the day and I was able to find 106 of the 108 stars without a guide. I only missed the chef in the burnt out village (you had to go around tasting bowls of stew that I didn't even know you could interact with) and this 1 red ninja that you had to walk around the outside wall and go off the screen to find and talk to.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-12-2014, 07:30 AM
These are really good game and every gamer would like to play all these games, especially war games like Final fantasy, Assassins creed, RE etc.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com