Replying to a member's multiple statements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Replying to a member's multiple statements
What is the correct procedure to edit my posts when I am replying to multiple statements from another participant?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: Replying to a member's multiple statements
(16-04-2017 03:32 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  What is the correct procedure to edit my posts when I am replying to multiple statements from another participant?

I dunno if it's "correct", but I find just giving them a hearty " fuck you" covers most everthing, most of the time.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Just do it in a way that makes it easy to read and follow.

When I'm using my iPad long replies suck balls -- if you're trying to do the point by point thing. Too much copy/pasting.

When I'm on my laptop it's only slightly easier.

I usually quote the whole post, and under that I place my comments trying to make it flow like I'm having a convo. Making sure you understand are quoting their points correctly.

If your commenting to multiple posts there's a button in between the report and reply buttons for that.

Then hit new reply and all those posts are added and you can just add your reply to each one.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-04-2017, 03:53 PM
(16-04-2017 03:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just do it in a way that makes it easy to read and follow.

When I'm using my iPad long replies suck balls -- if you're trying to do the point by point thing. Too much copy/pasting.

I usually quote the whole post, and under that I place my comments trying to make it flow like I'm having a convo. Making sure you understand are quoting their points correctly.

If your commenting to multiple posts there's a button in between the report and reply buttons for that.

Then hit new reply and all those posts are added and you can just add your reply to each one.

> Okay, I'll give that quote button a try and see what happens. Thanks, Mom. If that doesn't work and my next post looks all messed up, I'll give you a link to it and maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. There ought to be some illustrated instructions here for a PC tyro (and old man) like myself. Blush
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
16-04-2017, 03:57 PM
(16-04-2017 03:32 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  What is the correct procedure to edit my posts when I am replying to multiple statements from another participant?

If you want to insert replies just type in a closing /quote tag, your reply, then an opening quote tag to pick up quoting the one you are replying to.

For long replies it's often easier to copy the while thing out to notepad or other text editor than it is to edit in the little window on the site. When you are done editing use the 'preview post' option to check that your quote and /quote tags line up.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
16-04-2017, 04:11 PM
(16-04-2017 03:57 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

If you want to insert replies just type in a closing /quote tag, your reply, then an opening quote tag to pick up quoting the one you are replying to.

For long replies it's often easier to copy the while thing out to notepad or other text editor than it is to edit in the little window on the site. When you are done editing use the 'preview post' option to check that your quote and /quote tags line up.

> Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. Thumbsup
16-04-2017, 04:15 PM

#sigh
16-04-2017, 04:54 PM

Hit "reply" and edit their post there. Just block the bits that you wanna quote and hit the quote button. That automatically adds the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags to your selected text. Then just work your way through the rest of their post.

Block and delete any of their comments that you don't want.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
16-04-2017, 04:57 PM
You guys are a big help. I've been printing your comments for later reference. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
16-04-2017, 06:48 PM
(16-04-2017 03:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just do it in a way that makes it easy to read and follow.

HOLY SHIT! I didn't know that! I'ma have to practice this

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post