Reporting Harassing Theistic Co-workers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Reporting Harassing Theistic Co-workers
I operate what is called a Preco press for a magnetics manufacturer. It cuts magnetic spools as its fed through press with a die, every operator has a packer and naturally I was given the most (seemingly) devout yet the most oblivious theist worker in the company. Lately she's been writing down bible verses on notepads and posting them on my digital podium where I control the press from. She knows my affiliation, which is most likely the backbone behind her nuisance. She only posts the basic verses that people see used at funerals or framed in their homes (hence why I call her oblivious, outside of the fact that she really is an idiot.) John 3:16, the 23rd Psalm, and a Deuteronomy.

After the first posting last month, I threw it away and snubbed it, the next one I started the "3 strikes and you're out" rule and told her to stop. Now she's on her 2nd strike and I've been debating whether or not to report her before she strikes out. This does get categorized as harassment as she has repeatedly failed to honor my wishes. It's terrible enough she's on the clock when she's writing them down, but to also use it to try and emasculate my personality as an added bonus when she should be working is completely disrespectful to my work ethic which has kept me with the company for so many years.

I'll most likely compensate by word of mouth to my supervisor before I submit to reporting to the manager. Or maybe I'll just have some fun and give her my own bible verses. Starting simple with divorced women, women who speak without consent, the story of Vashti. But lets be real, what's the first thing thumpers do when you talk back? Report you and steal your original plan of attack, who needs that? Not me, as George Carlin said, "Bullshit, fuck you, drop dead, jack off, suck this, get laid, eat shit, I don't need parts that badly, I'm not that sick."

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2013, 12:26 PM
RE: Reporting Harassing Theistic Co-workers
If you were not at work, I would say go for the retaliatory bible verses, but as you point out, that would then be her ammunition to get you in jeopardy for harassing her beliefs. Not worth it.

Tell her to stop, you did. Next, tell her to stop or else you'll go to Human Resources with a harassment complaint. If that doesn't work, then actually do it.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
13-03-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd ask her to stop one more time if she doesn't listen report her.
13-03-2013, 03:06 PM
I'd let her post a few more verses so you have a sizable pile when you report her. Just in case the manager may be sympathetic to her cause, they might not be as sympathetic if they can see just how much time she is wasting on their clock.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
13-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Take photos and if possible video of the act, at the very least keep her notes with her hand writing.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Fill out a complaint form siting exactly what she has done and ask her to sign it.
Also put in the complaint that she acknowledges that you have asked her to stop.

I would inform your supervisor that she is creating a disruptive work environment and using the time she should be working to instead cause you to take time and attention away from your job in order to deal with her actions personally.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
14-03-2013, 05:31 AM
(13-03-2013 03:21 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Fill out a complaint form siting exactly what she has done and ask her to sign it.
Also put in the complaint that she acknowledges that you have asked her to stop.

I would inform your supervisor that she is creating a disruptive work environment and using the time she should be working to instead cause you to take time and attention away from your job in order to deal with her actions personally.
This.

Make a big deal about it in a non-dramatic way. Tell MGMT that her religion mongering is impeding your work efficiency.

Remember,she is the one who is being unprofessional,not you.
14-03-2013, 06:07 AM
(13-03-2013 03:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Take photos and if possible video of the act, at the very least keep her notes with her hand writing.
This...absolutely! Make sure you document everything.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Send her to the shadow realm.

[Image: They-sent-me-to-detention-I-sent-them-to...-realm.jpg]

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post