Republican Debate on Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Republican Debate on Religion
Well the candidates were finally asked straight out how their religion would affect their presidency:

Paul - said that his religious beliefs affect how he treats people and the way he lives

Romney - said the president should carry in his heart what the authors of the Declaration of Independence wrote.

Gingrich - said that anyone who is president faces decisions so enormous that they should go to God and should seek guidance. Also that one of the reasons he is running is there has been a war on religion, particularly on Christianity in this country.

Santorum - said the Constitution is there to do one thing; protect God-given rights and that no other country in the world has "God-given" rights, not government-given rights.

Two out of the four scare the shit out of me:
- Newt, how the "F" can he say you are going to pray for guidance. Are you kidding me !! So if his little talk with God says press the button he's all for it. Scary to think a person only a couple years away from senility is going by what a voice in his head tells him.
- Santorum, the constitution goes by God-given rights? In my opinion the founders fathers were using that phrase like I would use "Thank God", "What the Hell", Jesus H Christ". And if he's right whose God? I choose Zeus.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like free2011's post
31-01-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Republican Debate on Religion
Man. You guys are screwed.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
31-01-2012, 12:05 PM
(27-01-2012 06:20 AM)free2011 Wrote:  Well the candidates were finally asked straight out how their religion would affect their presidency:

Paul - said that his religious beliefs affect how he treats people and the way he lives

Romney - said the president should carry in his heart what the authors of the Declaration of Independence wrote.

Gingrich - said that anyone who is president faces decisions so enormous that they should go to God and should seek guidance. Also that one of the reasons he is running is there has been a war on religion, particularly on Christianity in this country.

Santorum - said the Constitution is there to do one thing; protect God-given rights and that no other country in the world has "God-given" rights, not government-given rights.

Two out of the four scare the shit out of me:
- Newt, how the "F" can he say you are going to pray for guidance. Are you kidding me !! So if his little talk with God says press the button he's all for it. Scary to think a person only a couple years away from senility is going by what a voice in his head tells him.
- Santorum, the constitution goes by God-given rights? In my opinion the founders fathers were using that phrase like I would use "Thank God", "What the Hell", Jesus H Christ". And if he's right whose God? I choose Zeus.

I actually liked Ron Paul's answer which basically boiled down to "as a private individual, religion does influence my life, but as President of the United States, the only thing that influences me is the Constitution". The other candidates' answers were absolutely repulsive.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
[+] 3 users Like sy2502's post
06-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Agreed. In fact, MULTIPLE times Paul has actually admitted he is religious and made it very clear that he does support the separation of church and state as well as stated that the government has no place as far as religion goes. I think it's nice for once to heard a candidate say - "Yeah, I'm religious. But the government has no business pushing that on the public, that's why we have separation of church and state." instead of "I'm a christian dude and this is a christian nation! ALL HAIL JESUS!"
07-02-2012, 07:02 AM
(06-02-2012 11:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Agreed. In fact, MULTIPLE times Paul has actually admitted he is religious and made it very clear that he does support the separation of church and state as well as stated that the government has no place as far as religion goes. I think it's nice for once to heard a candidate say - "Yeah, I'm religious. But the government has no business pushing that on the public, that's why we have separation of church and state." instead of "I'm a christian dude and this is a christian nation! ALL HAIL JESUS!"

Precisely. While I would prefer a candidate who didn't believe in myths at all and had a science based approach to his understanding of the world I will take one that says his belief will not affect how he makes policy.

I actually think Newt is an atheist/agnostic in Christian clothing but to admit it would kill his chances. Unethical, Adulterous, Thief, oh well. Atheist, aaaahahhh.

I am . . . until I'm not
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
(07-02-2012 07:02 AM)free2011 Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 11:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Agreed. In fact, MULTIPLE times Paul has actually admitted he is religious and made it very clear that he does support the separation of church and state as well as stated that the government has no place as far as religion goes. I think it's nice for once to heard a candidate say - "Yeah, I'm religious. But the government has no business pushing that on the public, that's why we have separation of church and state." instead of "I'm a christian dude and this is a christian nation! ALL HAIL JESUS!"

Precisely. While I would prefer a candidate who didn't believe in myths at all and had a science based approach to his understanding of the world I will take one that says his belief will not affect how he makes policy.

I actually think Newt is an atheist/agnostic in Christian clothing but to admit it would kill his chances. Unethical, Adulterous, Thief, oh well. Atheist, aaaahahhh.

I am pretty sure most politicians are closet agnostics or atheists, but wave around the religious flag to fool the masses. Probably not dumb asses like Rick Perry though.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
[+] 1 user Likes sy2502's post
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh shit, Santorum is gaining. Man that would be a mess. That guy will make policy based soley on his religious beliefs.

“The Constitution is there to do one thing, protect God-given rights. That’s what makes America different than every other country in the world. When you say ‘faith has nothing to do with it’– faith has everything to do with it.”

I am . . . until I'm not
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
(08-02-2012 09:13 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Oh shit, Santorum is gaining. Man that would be a mess. That guy will make policy based soley on his religious beliefs.

“The Constitution is there to do one thing, protect God-given rights. That’s what makes America different than every other country in the world. When you say ‘faith has nothing to do with it’– faith has everything to do with it.”

But, wait! There's more!

Without a doubt, Rick Santorum is the most dangerous threat to women in the Republican Presidential race. He believes premarital sex should be outlawed, believes women have no right to accessible medical care, and that contraceptives should be illegal.

During an ABC interview with Jake Tapper on Monday, Santorum doubled down on his beliefs regarding contraceptives that prevent unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases, telling Tapper that states can outlaw contraceptives.

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that. It is not a constitutional right, the state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That is the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court, they are creating right, and they should be left up to the people to decide.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user