Republican Platform

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: Republican Platform
A platform like that would appeal to the religious and/or the uneducated.
The more religious and less educated the better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-07-2016, 06:08 PM
They had a platform Huh

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
19-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Too be far when donlad trumps starts talking period(let alone about policy i just tend to smash my TV screen in all consuming rage) i lose a lot of TVs that wayNo

19-07-2016, 06:16 PM
They hate liberals so they're going to do everything in their power to destroy liberalism. That's the basic strategy.

19-07-2016, 06:25 PM
(19-07-2016 06:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  A platform like that would appeal to the religious and/or the uneducated.
The more religious and less educated the better.

It certainly panders to the religious far right. I know a few religious moderates who won't touch that with a cattle prod.

Pandering to the religious right is the simple explanation but it ignores the fact that neither party can win without the center. That platform pretty thoroughly alienates the center and I can't imagine that the Republicans have failed to notice that, especially the party elite who put that together. I see a couple of options:

- They're trying to ram something that extreme through based on Trump's popularity. He's done everything else counter to "political wisdom" so why not this too?

- They're sabotaging Trump. Saddle him with an extreme platform to ensure he loses. President Trump would be a stain on them whereas President Hillary's embarassment is not their fault. It doesn't hurt that they're pandering to the right-wing religious zealots with a latform they'll never have to back.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
19-07-2016, 06:27 PM
(19-07-2016 06:12 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Too be far when donlad trumps starts talking period(let alone about policy i just tend to smash my TV screen in all consuming rage) i lose a lot of TVs that wayNo

CBC's been following the RNC and brought up a few of these points so I went and checked. It was even worst than I expected.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
19-07-2016, 06:28 PM
shit Facepalm

19-07-2016, 06:43 PM
(19-07-2016 06:25 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  It certainly panders to the religious far right. I know a few religious moderates who won't touch that with a cattle prod.

Pandering to the religious right is the simple explanation but it ignores the fact that neither party can win without the center. That platform pretty thoroughly alienates the center and I can't imagine that the Republicans have failed to notice that, especially the party elite who put that together. I see a couple of options:

- They're trying to ram something that extreme through based on Trump's popularity. He's done everything else counter to "political wisdom" so why not this too?

- They're sabotaging Trump. Saddle him with an extreme platform to ensure he loses. President Trump would be a stain on them whereas President Hillary's embarassment is not their fault. It doesn't hurt that they're pandering to the right-wing religious zealots with a latform they'll never have to back.

I think they are counting on the electors to be so jaded about political extremism, vitriolic rethoric and general populism thanks to social media, 24/7 sensationalist news and internet that, even such a platform (or any other), will have very little effect on the campaign. They will market it has Trump saying out loud what everybody whispers.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
20-07-2016, 12:36 AM
GOP Platform Calls For.... Gasp

no one is falling for their lies
20-07-2016, 01:17 AM
(19-07-2016 05:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I seriously doubt the original is that clear cut.................

The "party platforms" of both parties are highly convoluted, and tend to take no side whatsoever on ANY subject..............................

They don't take clear stands - because you can only lose votes that way...

lol, you give them too much credit.