Republican Platform

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Republican Platform
(19-07-2016 05:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You forgot the most important part:

"We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a natural inalienable right that predates the Constitution and is secured by the Second Amendment. Lawful gun ownership enables Americans to exercise their God-given right of self- defense for the safety of their homes, their loved ones, and their communities.

We salute the Republican Congress for defending the right to keep and bear arms by preventing the President from installing a new liberal majority on the Supreme Court. ….

We oppose ill-conceived laws that would restrict magazine capacity or ban the sale of the most popular and common modern rifle. We also oppose any effort to deprive individuals of their right to keep and bear arms without due process of law."

So you don't care what other lunacy they propose, as long as you get to keep your guns? Check.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2016, 12:16 PM
(19-07-2016 05:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You forgot the most important part:

"We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a natural inalienable right that predates the Constitution and is secured by the Second Amendment. Lawful gun ownership enables Americans to exercise their God-given right of self- defense for the safety of their homes, their loved ones, and their communities.

We salute the Republican Congress for defending the right to keep and bear arms by preventing the President from installing a new liberal majority on the Supreme Court. ….

We oppose ill-conceived laws that would restrict magazine capacity or ban the sale of the most popular and common modern rifle. We also oppose any effort to deprive individuals of their right to keep and bear arms without due process of law."

It's not often I feel proud to be British.

Or at least, not American.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-07-2016, 12:24 PM
(19-07-2016 05:12 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
  • Abstinence-only sex ed while defunding of school-based clinics providing contraceptives (p 34).
  • Defunding Planned Parenthood (p 13 )and prohibitting abortion after 20 weeks (p 14).

Nothing says "Republican" like worrying more about promiscuity than "the murder of helpless babies".
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
20-07-2016, 08:35 PM
(19-07-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 05:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  "We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a natural inalienable right that predates the Constitution ....

The fuck you mean by a "natural inalienable right"? Some sorta God-given right? The only natural inalienable right I can think of is suicide. I don't think you've thought this through or even considered it carefully.

Equal to suicide is self-preservation. Two sides of the same coin.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-07-2016, 08:53 PM
(20-07-2016 08:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck you mean by a "natural inalienable right"? Some sorta God-given right? The only natural inalienable right I can think of is suicide. I don't think you've thought this through or even considered it carefully.

Equal to suicide is self-preservation. Two sides of the same coin.

Yep.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-07-2016, 03:02 AM
(19-07-2016 06:08 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  They had a platform Huh

It looked about 100' by 60'. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-07-2016, 06:52 AM
(19-07-2016 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck you mean by a "natural inalienable right"? Some sorta God-given right? The only natural inalienable right I can think of is suicide. I don't think you've thought this through or even considered it carefully.

Yeah, no one is ever able to tell me where these rights come from without invoking a god of some sort, or uttering "cuz I said so".

And god or not, it's pretty obvious that the only thing making those rights be anything other than useless, abstract concepts is the monopoly of force the government has. That's not the sort of thing people like talking about when discussing "natural inalienable rights"; especially second amendment rights, which tend to have anti-government undertones.
21-07-2016, 08:42 AM
(21-07-2016 03:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 06:08 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  They had a platform Huh

It looked about 100' by 60'. Smile

And every inch of that platform is filled with platitudes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-07-2016, 06:53 PM
A little Jon Stewart on the Colbert show to put things in perspective Big Grin

Take that, Lumpy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post