Republican convention

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Republican convention
(22-07-2016 07:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 01:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Have you seen their list of speakers? They're literally going to have an illegal immigrant and the mothers of those thugs that were shot by the police speaking at their convention.

Weeping

So much pandering to the most vocal groups within each of their respective supporters but not surprising, just distasteful.

I just want a president that is intelligent, emotionally stable and big picture thinking that won't make ill-advised, stupid and short-term decisions that play into the hands of special interests.

Is that so much to ask for? (Rhetorical question)

Apparently... (non-rhetorical answer)..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Here is Trump's speech. Click on the yellow and on the right you will see whether he lied or not.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...annotated/

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Holy fucking crap am I glad that clown car show is over. Lies on top of lies, fear peddling and a ringmaster chasing after Orwell's Animal Farm Nazi populism.

This saturated coverage reminded me of when "It's A Wonderful Life" was for a couple years unregulated by media distributors and was on every other fucking network Christmas day.

Trump's wife saying she admired Michelle while being married to an asshole running for a party that has always fought equal pay for women. Trump saying he would protect LGBTQ also running for a party that has always hated LGBTQ equality, and lying also about crime stats.

This tactic is a GOP bait and switch using social issues to distract voters from the corporate protectionism. In my entire history of voting I have never seen this level of lies and demagoguery vitriol from one candidate. Trump is a fucking piece of shit and that entire party needs to go extinct.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
22-07-2016, 08:23 AM
(22-07-2016 07:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Holy fucking crap am I glad that clown car show is over. Lies on top of lies, fear peddling and a ringmaster chasing after Orwell's Animal Farm Nazi populism.

This saturated coverage reminded me of when "It's A Wonderful Life" was for a couple years unregulated by media distributors and was on every other fucking network Christmas day.

Trump's wife saying she admired Michelle while being married to an asshole running for a party that has always fought equal pay for women. Trump saying he would protect LGBTQ also running for a party that has always hated LGBTQ equality, and lying also about crime stats.

This tactic is a GOP bait and switch using social issues to distract voters from the corporate protectionism. In my entire history of voting I have never seen this level of lies and demagoguery vitriol from one candidate. Trump is a fucking piece of shit and that entire party needs to go extinct.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel ! Smile

Politics is wrought with lies. I expect to see some at the dem convention too. I look at the caliber of lies anymore...

Dem convention coming up soon.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-07-2016, 08:33 AM
(22-07-2016 08:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 07:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Holy fucking crap am I glad that clown car show is over. Lies on top of lies, fear peddling and a ringmaster chasing after Orwell's Animal Farm Nazi populism.

Politics is wrought with lies. I expect to see some at the dem convention too. I look at the caliber of lies anymore...

The key is to appeal to the low information voter. There is a shocking amount of ignorance in this country. A place with one of the best levels access to information anywhere.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
22-07-2016, 09:00 AM
(21-07-2016 09:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:45 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Can any honest American [sic] really see Drumpf addressing the UN Genral Assembly...

[Image: trump-funny-hair-two.jpg]

... he wouldn't have to use the threat of nuclear weapons to make his point; all the other world delegates would be rolling around laughing uncontrollably.

Big Grin

Can you imagine a day in the future when someone suggests putting that face on our currency? Blink

That's a hair-raising thought. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-07-2016, 09:02 AM
(22-07-2016 08:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Bullshit, saying politics is dirty does not make the parties the same. Only one party started our decline and that started with Reagan's deregulation and union busting 36 years ago. The only thing Dems as politicians can be blamed for is tripping over themselves trying to prove they are not the cold war commies the GOP has successfully and falsely painted them out to be, which has caused them to be far too compromising over that 36 year period. And our voter apathy at midterms and GOP gerrymandering hasn't helped.

BUT NO the parties are NOT the same one fucking bit. This isn't about Hillary, she wasn't a politician 36 years ago, and 1 person isn't every single person in our 3 branch system in any case.

Our voters as voters as progressives are on the right side of history with our ideas of livable wages, affordable health care, free higher education, equal pay for women and LGBT equal rights. The other party has fought those things forever, both as voters and politicians.

Our only problem as Dems, which is our biggest problem, is that we allow the party of fucking asshole 1% bigots control the narrative and our voter ground game in midterms have been lacking for far too long.

It was fucking insulting to me to watch that bullshit of Trump and the GOP claim to be on the side of workers women and gays knowing that party's history.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
22-07-2016, 12:02 PM

You say you watched the convention, but you obviously missed what was said. Trump doesn't agree with the GOP platform 100% and I'm ok with that.

Did you miss the facts presented? Trump has more women executives than men. Women make the same dollar for dollar as men. Trump's company was the first to have a woman General Manager at a five star hotel, and continues to put women in those positions. Trump was the first to have a woman in charge at a construction site. He's on record saying transgendered people can use whatever restroom they want in his buildings.

And what crime stats were lies? I read a few fact checkers on his speech and didn't see that as something they hit on.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
22-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Republican convention
(22-07-2016 09:02 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  It was fucking insulting to me to watch that bullshit of Trump and the GOP claim to be on the side of workers women and gays knowing that party's history.

Change the channel then. I watched the Cartoon Network instead.
22-07-2016, 12:36 PM
(22-07-2016 12:15 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 09:02 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  It was fucking insulting to me to watch that bullshit of Trump and the GOP claim to be on the side of workers women and gays knowing that party's history.

Change the channel then. I watched the Cartoon Network instead.

There is little difference between the two.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post