Republican convention

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Republican convention
What is a serious scandal, is the garbage in the Republican platform.
It's anti-LGBT, and would take the world back years in marriage rights. I think it actually repeats the falsehood that children are better off in straight family situations.

http://time.com/4405018/gop-platform-lgbt-issues/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Republican convention
(19-07-2016 10:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 09:07 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Strictly speaking as a man, I think she is qualified for any position.

I see what you did there.

A dirty mind always recognizes another dirty mind.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
19-07-2016, 03:21 PM
And it just wouldn't be the RNC without a few raging bigots.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
19-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Even if you believe the fairytale that Melania Trump just coincidentally repeated Michelle Obama's sentiments, sentence structure and grammar you are left with the problem that it takes more than a little hypocrisy to criticise people that you are parotting.

As for looks, Melania comes across as synthetic. She looks better than Hillary but then so does Sarah Pailin. We aren't voting for model of the month here and I'd personally like somebody competent in charge of the US.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
19-07-2016, 04:08 PM
(19-07-2016 03:21 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And it just wouldn't be the RNC without a few raging bigots.

[Image: resized_10-guy-meme-generator-white-peop...e778d9.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
19-07-2016, 06:22 PM
The Republican Convention or OLD ANGRY WHITE MEN UNITE! to blather on about fantastical plots, fantifuil concepts ,all the countless things there against and listen to an old guy make insane promises at some future distant date if you just trust him and lots of talk of how he's our savior

sometimes i don't know whether i'm watching the Republican Convention or A Meeting of the Bishops at the Vatican

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
19-07-2016, 06:46 PM
And some more goodness:

RNC Director of Communications invokes My Little Pony, in attempt to defend Melania Trump.
Quote:Spicer continued, "Melania Trump said, 'The strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.' Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony said, 'This is your dream. Anything you can do in your dreams, you can do now.'"

Opening prayer at RNC labels Democrats as "the enemy".

Quote:After telling attendees of the Republican National Convention that “Our enemy is not other Republicans but is Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party,” a South Carolina pastor offered the most explicitly partisan prayer heard at a major party convention in modern times.

Pastor Mark Burns, a prosperity preacher and televangelist from Easley, S.C., was invited by the Trump campaign to deliver the Monday benediction that concluded the contentious daytime proceedings on the first day of the RNC in Cleveland. “We are electing a man in Donald Trump who believes in the name of Jesus Christ,” Burns told delegates, before closing his eyes in prayer.

The benediction itself, which included Burns’ praise to God for “giving [Trump] the words to unite this party, this country, that we together can defeat the liberal Democratic Party,” was immediately denounced on Twitter by liberal and conservative Christians who called it “blasphemous” and “idolatrous.”

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2016, 06:54 PM
(18-07-2016 09:13 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I heard Colbert crashed it.

He hijacked the podium and announced the opening of the 2016 Hunger Games.

---
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
19-07-2016, 07:42 PM
(19-07-2016 06:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 09:13 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I heard Colbert crashed it.

He hijacked the podium and announced the opening of the 2016 Hunger Games.

Hilarious!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-07-2016, 07:50 PM
(19-07-2016 03:27 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Even if you believe the fairytale that Melania Trump just coincidentally repeated Michelle Obama's sentiments, sentence structure and grammar you are left with the problem that it takes more than a little hypocrisy to criticise people that you are parotting.

As for looks, Melania comes across as synthetic. She looks better than Hillary but then so does Sarah Pailin. We aren't voting for model of the month here and I'd personally like somebody competent in charge of the US.

Here are the relevant passages, nearly word for word.

Ms. Trump, Monday night:

From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Mrs. Obama, in her 2008 speech:

“Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

Ms. Trump:

“I was born in Slovenia, a small, beautiful and then-Communist country in Central Europe. My sister, Ines, who is an incredible woman and a friend, and I were raised by my wonderful parents. My elegant and hard-working mother, Amalija, introduced me to fashion and beauty. My father, Viktor, instilled in me a passion for business and travel. Their integrity, compassion and intelligence reflects to this day on me and for my love of family and America.”

Mrs. Obama, in 2008:

“And I come here as a daughter — raised on the South Side of Chicago by a father who was a blue-collar city worker and a mother who stayed at home with my brother and me. My mother’s love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion and her intelligence reflected in my own daughters.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce