Republican convention

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 06:17 PM
RE: Republican convention
(21-07-2016 09:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Can you imagine a day in the future when someone suggests putting that face on our currency? Blink

No worries there, the hair won't fit.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Well, tonight Trump speaks. 45 minutes from now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-07-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm listening to Trump talk about how he's going to help the LGBTQ community. Has he even bothered to look at what his pick for VP has done in Indiana?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
21-07-2016, 09:05 PM
(21-07-2016 06:17 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Can you imagine a day in the future when someone suggests putting that face on our currency? Blink

No worries there, the hair won't fit.

They will have to switch from Landscape to Portrait.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Looks like he wants a police state. Quite scary.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-07-2016, 09:45 PM
(21-07-2016 08:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  I'm listening to Trump talk about how he's going to help the LGBTQ community. Has he even bothered to look at what his pick for VP has done in Indiana?

He said he will protect them from Foreign threats, he later on in the speech rampped up how they want to still of course encourage the Pence like discrimination here from the US.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-07-2016, 01:13 AM
(21-07-2016 03:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It's going to a real challenge for the Democratic convention to be as goofy as this one was.
Have you seen their list of speakers? They're literally going to have an illegal immigrant and the mothers of those thugs that were shot by the police speaking at their convention.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-07-2016, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2016 02:41 AM by Dworkin.)
(21-07-2016 09:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Looks like he wants a police state. Quite scary.

Dom,

Yes, a police state and a Trump state. Admittedly Barack Obama made a lot of promises at this stage in his "Yes, we can!" campaign, but Trump has refined the 'we' into an 'I'.

It is ironic that the Bush Republicans were talking about taking 'freedom and democracy' to the Middle East and now democracy is delivering a likely despot to the US leadership, partially enabled by ME chaos and fear of the Arab Spring.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
22-07-2016, 07:09 AM
(22-07-2016 01:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 03:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It's going to a real challenge for the Democratic convention to be as goofy as this one was.
Have you seen their list of speakers? They're literally going to have an illegal immigrant and the mothers of those thugs that were shot by the police speaking at their convention.

That could be interesting, and not necessarily in a good way. But it will be hard to beat Ted Cruz basically disowning his party's chosen candidate -- at the party convention. I suppose Bernie Sanders could do the same. But he won't.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
22-07-2016, 07:19 AM
(22-07-2016 01:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

Weeping

So much pandering to the most vocal groups within each of their respective supporters but not surprising, just distasteful.

I just want a president that is intelligent, emotionally stable and big picture thinking that won't make ill-advised, stupid and short-term decisions that play into the hands of special interests.

Is that so much to ask for? (Rhetorical question)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce