Republicans are Smarter and Better Educated than Democrats

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Re: RE: Republicans are Smarter and Better Educated than Democrats
(12-01-2015 06:39 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Republicunts listen to FOX. 'nuff said.
Between Fox News and CNN, I think journalism is an endangered species.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
12-01-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: Republicans are Smarter and Better Educated than Democrats
For some values of "smarter and better educated" I suppose. The republican House sure didn't impress me with their stellar intelligence.

Some of this nonsense that seems to be largely the domain of republican thinking is based on religion, and it is the influence of the fundamentalist versions that affects our culture and government the most. The relentless disingenuous attacks on LGBT issues, AGW, and abortion rights are the most egregious examples of cult influence on government. Prop 8, for instance, was religions' attempt at an intrusion into the legal system largely by the LDS (Mormons).

I really cannot tell who actually believes what they say, and who doesn't any more. I honestly cannot see how some of our representatives or senators can believe false things when the answers are so readily available through technology.

Is it likely that they really do choose to believe, and not merely to claim to believe? Is that even possible? Some of these social issues are merely political constructs to deflect the public's attention from crucial issues that require some real work and cost to the country. Some are theists' frustration with a government that they cannot bend to their particular preferred superstitions.

I wonder sometimes whether some people who have been inculcated with religion have perhaps been led to lose or abandon their inner sense of right and wrong, and have permitted it to be effectively replaced with dogma from a father figure such as a religious leader.

This Is the Stupidest Anti-Science Bullshit of 2014
  • Basically everything said by Donald Trump
  • Unnecessary Ebola quarantines
  • Lamar Smith's war on the National Science Foundation
  • Battles over Texas textbooks
  • Bill Nye schools creationist Ken Ham; John Holdren schools Congress
  • Senate overrun by climate deniers
  • "I'm not a scientist"
  • Anti-vaxxers are still a thing
  • Contraception ≠ abortion

Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie, which we ascribe to heaven. --Shakespeare
[+] 3 users Like Olowkow's post
12-01-2015, 09:19 PM
What, you mean all I have to do to get smarter is check 'Republican' on my voter registration card? Consider

Hallelujah! Hobo

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2015, 09:25 PM
So... Why are the average IQs in each red state all below 100, excepting one (which is 100), and the average IQs in the blue states are all over 100, again excepting one?
13-01-2015, 12:24 PM
(12-01-2015 09:25 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So... Why are the average IQs in each red state all below 100, excepting one (which is 100), and the average IQs in the blue states are all over 100, again excepting one?

If I had to guess, I'd say IQ tests depend on literacy, which depends on educational systems and children's health, which depend on the value placed on public education and community information programs put in place by the political powers. Schools often don't teach the value of critical thinking, and I think this and religious indoctrination often account for behaviors by people like Bachmann, Palin and Shimkus. Donald Trump is just an asshole attention whore who likes to stir the pot. Ted Cruz and Mitch McConnell are another type of animal altogether. Pure politics. Smart... like a fox, and able to feign stupidity to identify with their constituents.Yes

IQ should be a measure of the ability to survive and adapt through problem solving to overcome changing physical surroundings and psychological challenges. Praying for solutions to one's problems stifles much of this process.

Here is a free IQ test on line. It's fairly typical from my experience with such tests--just 20 questions and kind of fun to take. You will notice that for many questions it depends crucially on skills you likely learned in school or through certain talents specific to skills you might happen to have acquired through your hobbies or from friends. These skills do not necessarily relate to "intelligence", but rather to the ability to read, to sit still in a classroom and accept what a teacher tells you--understanding that someone may know more than you do. Although we often say "He's smart" about someone who spouts memorized facts, intelligence is actually the subsequent integration of learned skills into one's daily life to avoid harm and enable procreation, not just having memorized a lot of material.

13-01-2015, 12:40 PM
(13-01-2015 12:24 PM)Olowkow Wrote:  Here is a free IQ test on line. It's fairly typical from my experience with such tests--just 20 questions and kind of fun to take. You will notice that for many questions it depends crucially on skills you likely learned in school or through certain talents specific to skills you might happen to have acquired through your hobbies or from friends. These skills do not necessarily relate to "intelligence", but rather to the ability to read, to sit still in a classroom and accept what a teacher tells you--understanding that someone may know more than you do. Although we often say "He's smart" about someone who spouts memorized facts, intelligence is actually the subsequent integration of learned skills into one's daily life to avoid harm and enable procreation, not just having memorized a lot of material.

OK, I'll play your silly game. [Image: l145.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2015, 12:44 PM
(13-01-2015 12:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 12:24 PM)Olowkow Wrote:  Here is a free IQ test on line. It's fairly typical from my experience with such tests--just 20 questions and kind of fun to take. You will notice that for many questions it depends crucially on skills you likely learned in school or through certain talents specific to skills you might happen to have acquired through your hobbies or from friends. These skills do not necessarily relate to "intelligence", but rather to the ability to read, to sit still in a classroom and accept what a teacher tells you--understanding that someone may know more than you do. Although we often say "He's smart" about someone who spouts memorized facts, intelligence is actually the subsequent integration of learned skills into one's daily life to avoid harm and enable procreation, not just having memorized a lot of material.

OK, I'll play your silly game. [Image: l145.gif]
Good! I guess you're a republican. LOL
Is that getting all 20 of them right?
I missed a couple, 139. Those drawings that you have to rotate always get me, but I'm good at the missing numbers in sequences, etc. Rearranging the letters takes me a while.

13-01-2015, 01:03 PM
(12-01-2015 09:19 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What, you mean all I have to do to get smarter is check 'Republican' on my voter registration card? Consider

Hallelujah! Hobo

Nah, but Res should vote democrat if he wants republicans to win the IQ war Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-01-2015, 01:25 PM
(13-01-2015 12:24 PM)Olowkow Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 09:25 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So... Why are the average IQs in each red state all below 100, excepting one (which is 100), and the average IQs in the blue states are all over 100, again excepting one?

If I had to guess, I'd say IQ tests depend on literacy, which depends on educational systems and children's health, which depend on the value placed on public education and community information programs put in place by the political powers. Schools often don't teach the value of critical thinking, and I think this and religious indoctrination often account for behaviors by people like Bachmann, Palin and Shimkus. Donald Trump is just an asshole attention whore who likes to stir the pot. Ted Cruz and Mitch McConnell are another type of animal altogether. Pure politics. Smart... like a fox, and able to feign stupidity to identify with their constituents.Yes

IQ should be a measure of the ability to survive and adapt through problem solving to overcome changing physical surroundings and psychological challenges. Praying for solutions to one's problems stifles much of this process.

Here is a free IQ test on line. It's fairly typical from my experience with such tests--just 20 questions and kind of fun to take. You will notice that for many questions it depends crucially on skills you likely learned in school or through certain talents specific to skills you might happen to have acquired through your hobbies or from friends. These skills do not necessarily relate to "intelligence", but rather to the ability to read, to sit still in a classroom and accept what a teacher tells you--understanding that someone may know more than you do. Although we often say "He's smart" about someone who spouts memorized facts, intelligence is actually the subsequent integration of learned skills into one's daily life to avoid harm and enable procreation, not just having memorized a lot of material.

I got this, I live in NJ, a pretty much blue state

[Image: l119.gif]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-01-2015, 04:40 PM
(13-01-2015 01:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 09:19 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What, you mean all I have to do to get smarter is check 'Republican' on my voter registration card? Consider

Hallelujah! Hobo

Nah, but Res should vote democrat if he wants republicans to win the IQ war Tongue

Apparently not.

[Image: l132.gif]

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!