Republicans are already refusing to play ball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2012, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 09:36 PM by Diablo666.)
Republicans are already refusing to play ball
Boehner Exclusive: Raising Tax Rates 'Unacceptable' but Will Put New Revenue on Table
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/boehner-e...Jx4zYa6_ex

I like how the rich are always labeled as "small business people" and "job creators", yet no news anchor calls them out on this BS.

His only argument for never considering to raise taxes was "it couldn't pass" the house, where the republicans have an overwhelming majority.
Its not really even an argument, and more like a threat.

One legislative branch is inefficient enough, so why in the hell do we have two?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 06:06 AM
RE: Republicans are already refusing to play ball
Here recently I found a good way to sum up some parties: "Do it our way or else."

Although we have two to hopefully prevent one from dominating the country in bad ideas that are done just for a few and not the whole. Problem is, well, see my first sentence.
09-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Re: Republicans are already refusing to play ball
News anchors no... Because they play PC or else get branded biased. Liberal commentators call then out in the job creator bs frequently. It's all that was said half a year ago on msnbc, current, or comedy political shows.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
09-11-2012, 07:24 AM
"Saying that Senate Democrats will work with a President Romney is laughable"
Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader, Democrat, November 5th, 2012.

...but democrats deserve to vote their convictions.

...Republicans are just obstructionists.

I'm sailing on a ship of fools. Need to get off. Looks like Costs Rica and early retirement.

The takers have outvoted the makers. The makers are going on strike.

See you after the collapse. I'm out-of-here.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
09-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:One legislative branch is inefficient enough, so why in the hell do we have two?

In theory the legislation, executive and judicial branches of government are suppose to keep checks and balances on each other to ensure that one never has ultimate power as to avoid dictatorship.

The problem with this however is that sometimes dictatorship > democracy.
But in saying that when dictatorship goes wrong it goes wwwrrrroooonnng, where as when democracy goes wrong the people in power just get voted out 3 years later.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
09-11-2012, 09:10 AM
(08-11-2012 09:32 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Boehner Exclusive: Raising Tax Rates 'Unacceptable' but Will Put New Revenue on Table

I like how the rich are always labeled as "small business people" and "job creators", yet no news anchor calls them out on this BS.

His only argument for never considering to raise taxes was "it couldn't pass" the house, where the republicans have an overwhelming majority.

One legislative branch is inefficient enough, so why in the hell do we have two?

Boehner can talk shit all he wants, but if I was Obama, I would seriously put the entire county through hell and push to the point of total collapse to get shit done. These are big changes that are going to be in play for a while, and can do a lot in determining the direction of our country. Obama has some leverage, some might say a "mandate", and I'd assume he has a few political tricks up his sleeve. If he can get some people from the political and business community on his side, like former and current Republicans, maybe an Alan Simpson, and more guys like Jamie Dimon and Warren Buffet, as well as a majority of America's, he can force some action.

Obama, by pure luck and magic, has been put in a position where he can legitimately make change toward a prosperous America, for all Americans, and reverse the America where income and wealth disparities are abominable, where social mobility has virtually deteriorated, unemployment problems are becoming structural, and where basically every sector needs to be reformed.

You saw Obama, basically, crying in some of his last speeches. I think it's clear that he knows how big and important this is. This is probably the point in our history where we can no longer "kick the can down the road", and if we don't reform in a way that creates equality, freedom, and justice for all, we might not see another chance to do so for some time. I think Obama is aware of that also.

(09-11-2012 07:24 AM)Thomas Wrote:  "Saying that Senate Democrats will work with a President Romney is laughable"

I'm sailing on a ship of fools. Need to get off. Looks like Costs Rica and early retirement.

With Harry Reid, you are talking about a guy who witnessed 4 years of Republicans intentionally causing turmoil and conflict, and going as far as rejecting their own ideas, to make sure Obama didn't get re-elected. Expecting Harry Reid not to respond is like expecting someone who witnessed their entire, immediate family being murdered, to request that prosecutors not go for the death penalty.

As far as, the "makers...going on strike", (if that's the way you like looking at it) that's what I've been waiting for. I'm looking forward to it.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
09-11-2012, 03:42 PM
(09-11-2012 09:10 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 09:32 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Boehner Exclusive: Raising Tax Rates 'Unacceptable' but Will Put New Revenue on Table

Boehner can talk shit all he wants, but if I was Obama, I would seriously put the entire county through hell and push to the point of total collapse to get shit done. These are big changes that are going to be in play for a while, and can do a lot in determining the direction of our country. Obama has some leverage, some might say a "mandate", and I'd assume he has a few political tricks up his sleeve. If he can get some people from the political and business community on his side, like former and current Republicans, maybe an Alan Simpson, and more guys like Jamie Dimon and Warren Buffet, as well as a majority of America's, he can force some action.

Obama, by pure luck and magic, has been put in a position where he can legitimately make change toward a prosperous America, for all Americans, and reverse the America where income and wealth disparities are abominable, where social mobility has virtually deteriorated, unemployment problems are becoming structural, and where basically every sector needs to be reformed.

You saw Obama, basically, crying in some of his last speeches. I think it's clear that he knows how big and important this is. This is probably the point in our history where we can no longer "kick the can down the road", and if we don't reform in a way that creates equality, freedom, and justice for all, we might not see another chance to do so for some time. I think Obama is aware of that also.

(09-11-2012 07:24 AM)Thomas Wrote:  "Saying that Senate Democrats will work with a President Romney is laughable"

With Harry Reid, you are talking about a guy who witnessed 4 years of Republicans intentionally causing turmoil and conflict, and going as far as rejecting their own ideas, to make sure Obama didn't get re-elected. Expecting Harry Reid not to respond is like expecting someone who witnessed their entire, immediate family being murdered, to request that prosecutors not go for the death penalty.

As far as, the "makers...going on strike", (if that's the way you like looking at it) that's what I've been waiting for. I'm looking forward to it.
On strike... You create the fucking jobs....I'll be back in a few years to see how you made out.

Until then....shots on the beach at sunset, 72 degrees.. ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the life.

I'm done.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
09-11-2012, 05:04 PM
(09-11-2012 07:24 AM)Thomas Wrote:  The takers have outvoted the makers.

Federal funding outlay to tax ratio:

Top 10 Takers

1) New Mexico $2.03
2) Mississippi $2.02
3) Alaska $1.84
4) Louisiana $1.78
5) West Virginia $1.76
6) North Dakota $1.68
7) Alabama $1.66
8) South Dakota $1.53
9) Kentucky $1.51
10) Virginia $1.51

Top 10 Makers

1) New Jersey $0.61
2) Nevada $0.65
3) Connecticut $0.69
4) New Hampshire $0.71
5) Minnesota $0.72
6) Illinois $0.75
7) Delaware $0.77
8) California $0.78
9) New York $0.79
10) Colorado $0.81

Fucking Red State takers.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
09-11-2012, 05:40 PM
(09-11-2012 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 07:24 AM)Thomas Wrote:  The takers have outvoted the makers.

Federal funding outlay to tax ratio:

Top 10 Takers

1) New Mexico $2.03
2) Mississippi $2.02
3) Alaska $1.84
4) Louisiana $1.78
5) West Virginia $1.76
6) North Dakota $1.68
7) Alabama $1.66
8) South Dakota $1.53
9) Kentucky $1.51
10) Virginia $1.51

Top 10 Makers

1) New Jersey $0.61
2) Nevada $0.65
3) Connecticut $0.69
4) New Hampshire $0.71
5) Minnesota $0.72
6) Illinois $0.75
7) Delaware $0.77
8) California $0.78
9) New York $0.79
10) Colorado $0.81

Fucking Red State takers.
Really? I love statistics that are copy/pasted from ?

Reality is, no matter who won the election, you wont see the red's offering up and cuts to defense and reasoable tax rates or the blues cutting off all the gimme entitlments.
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
(09-11-2012 09:10 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  You saw Obama, basically, crying in some of his last speeches. I think it's clear that he knows how big and important this is. This is probably the point in our history where we can no longer "kick the can down the road", and if we don't reform in a way that creates equality, freedom, and justice for all, we might not see another chance to do so for some time. I think Obama is aware of that also.

Nonsense. My ancestors have done it since the beginning of my country and will continue until this fine Christian country comes to an end.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab