• 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Republicans insane; want to establish theocracy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like mysticjbyrd's post
24-11-2011, 10:02 AM
RE: Republicans insane; want to establish theocracy
Yeah, America is becoming more fucked up by the minute. I don't like living above you guys because at some point I assume you will attack us for not being christian enough, and your leaders will say it's what the founding fathers really wanted.

You know what's truly scary? I think I know more about what your founding fathers actually wanted than the majority of americans, and definitely more than your potential leaders. It's really not that hard to read, so I find it sad that there are so many people saying lies about what the original americans actually wanted. There are shit tonnes of actual quotes and letter written by those guys all over the internet, not to mention easy access to your constitution, and yet lies are spread so quickly and accepted as truth. I have to wonder if it's because americans are gullible or if it's because the lies being spread fit more comfortably with the majority of it's population and are swallowed willingly. That happens here in canada too. If a lie is favorable it is suddenly accepted as true.

I think that the fundies running for office in the states are definitely taking advantage of americas poor economic standing and using fear as a tool for establishing power. It's kind of what they do, they spread like a disease. A disease that needs serious treatment.

I think that if these clowns get into power over there you are going to have a new kind of religious battle on your hands. The faithful versus the rational. All the quiet atheists thinking that you can live and let live with these people are going to have a rude awakening as rights are stripped from them, and hateful anti atheist comments become more accepted. a theocracy is something to worry about for sure. Look at all the theocracies in the world today. Not happy vacation spots. religions tend to swallow up peoples freedoms and happiness and the only people who get any joy out of them are the ones in charge. Funny thing to, is all the christians voting for these people strictly because of their religious views don't understand how unsafe and unhappy they will undoubtedly become in a full on theocracy. They think it's safer. They in a word, are oblivious. Unfortunately the ignorance of the many will probably be the thing that kills us all. Unless we sack up and deal with this shit before it gets worse.

Being PC doesn't work when we are the only ones doing it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
24-11-2011, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2011 12:15 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
The republicans plan for winning in 2012 has been to vote no on absolutely anything and everything, and do their damnedest to run the country into the ground. Then when everything is in the toilet, point the finger at the democrats and go, "You see what they did, do you want that to happen again? No, well vote for me instead". And they are the ones who fucked it up in the fist place, and now are sabotaging the recovery, just so they can win an election.

These religious right wing nuts are truly crazy.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
24-11-2011, 01:29 PM
This country has been a theocracy alla my life... Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
26-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I realize atheists are not a homogenous group, but a conservative atheist that chooses to affiliate with these Republicans is the equivalent of a Log Cabin Republican - for those not familiar with the term, homosexual republicans that essentially vote against their self interest...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
26-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Much too confusing. We need a one-party system.

Anarchy. Party on! Big Grin

(I know people find identity in these terms, republican, democrat; but these chains of causality clearly indicate that I have devised technocratic anarchy as a resultant of "attempting the consideration of being a conservative republican" in the past. It was easier to create jargon than to decode jargon for this unit)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
26-11-2011, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2011 10:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-11-2011 10:02 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Yeah, America is becoming more fucked up by the minute. I don't like living above you guys because at some point I assume you will attack us for not being christian enough, and your leaders will say it's what the founding fathers really wanted.

Nah, we're gonna eventually come after you for your oil, natural gas, and other natural resources. We're just gonna say it's 'cause you just ain't christian enough. Manifest destiny, brother. Wink

(24-11-2011 10:02 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You know what's truly scary? I think I know more about what your founding fathers actually wanted than the majority of americans, and definitely more than your potential leaders.

Well, our current leader is a Constitutional scholar, so you probably don't know more about them than he does. But as far as the current potential Republican candidates, I ain't gonna argue. Wink

(24-11-2011 10:02 AM)lucradis Wrote:  It's really not that hard to read, so I find it sad that there are so many people saying lies about what the original americans actually wanted. There are shit tonnes of actual quotes and letter written by those guys all over the internet, not to mention easy access to your constitution, and yet lies are spread so quickly and accepted as truth. I have to wonder if it's because americans are gullible or if it's because the lies being spread fit more comfortably with the majority of it's population and are swallowed willingly. That happens here in canada too. If a lie is favorable it is suddenly accepted as true.

They're just borrowing a tactic Goebbels' first accused Churchill of employing. Only to then later further refine and master the idea for himself.

"One should not, as a rule, reveal one’s secrets, since one does not know if and when one may need them again. The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."

Fuck us if we fall for that again, ... think we might goddam deserve it if we're still that fucking dull.

(24-11-2011 10:02 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think that if these clowns get into power over there you are going to have a new kind of religious battle on your hands. The faithful versus the rational. All the quiet atheists thinking that you can live and let live with these people are going to have a rude awakening as rights are stripped from them, and hateful anti atheist comments become more accepted. a theocracy is something to worry about for sure.

Fortunately, I have already exercised my Second Amendment Rights in anticipation of just such an encounter. Think I will find it much easier to argue the Constitutional Separation of Church and State against a Bible thumper pointing a gun at me if I'm pointing one back at him. (And that's the only reason me and mine own guns, we don't hunt, we don't shoot skeet, we bring them out once a year at the range to make sure we still know how to use them, clean them, and then put them back in the gun safe.)

(26-11-2011 05:30 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I realize atheists are not a homogenous group, but a conservative atheist that chooses to affiliate with these Republicans is the equivalent of a Log Cabin Republican - for those not familiar with the term, homosexual republicans that essentially vote against their self interest...

As a 30+ year conservative atheist who has been a registered Republican his entire voting life (also 30+ years), I concur. I will not condone or support this behavior, I will fight it with ridicule. And I will defend myself against it with much stronger means.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-11-2011, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 03:14 PM by Kaos MD.)
The 2012 republican platform:
1. Everything Obama did, is doing, or will do is bad
2. Don't change anything, even though it's fubar.
3. Establish a religious theocracy and shove the bible down the throats of every American citizen.

@ludacris I would feel the same way too. However, living here makes me more worried because the limits of stupidity in this country are constantly expanded everyday.
28-11-2011, 12:38 PM
When the least theocratic candidate is a Mormon, you know something is definitely wrong here. Sad

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
[+] 7 users Like sy2502's post
29-11-2011, 07:50 PM
(27-11-2011 03:04 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  The 2012 republican platform:
1. Everything Obama did, is doing, or will do is bad
2. Don't change anything, even though it's fubar.
3. Establish a religious theocracy and shove the bible down the throats of every American citizen.

@ludacris I would feel the same way too. However, living here makes me more worried because the limits of stupidity in this country are constantly expanded everyday.

This - And the real problem with Republicans is the constant need to remind everyone that it's you fault if you don't have a job, that the rich do their part, and God loves you - except that Obama will not allow God to find you a job, it wouldn't be fair. (sarcasm)

Solution to part of our national debt - make churches pay taxes.