Republicans on rape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: Republicans on rape
Dodgy
[Image: 3d40840d9044aad019196799c8e4ffa2_zpsbb3ae7c8.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
30-01-2015, 07:04 PM
(30-01-2015 02:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anyone who will elect an actor to be president, really needs to do some thinking about what they're doing......

Then again -- he was a Democrat to start with....

I don't mind that he was an actor. What I mind is that he was a bad actor.

Bedtime For Bonzo? Really?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-01-2015, 08:27 PM
(30-01-2015 07:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 02:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anyone who will elect an actor to be president, really needs to do some thinking about what they're doing......

I don't mind that he was an actor. What I mind is that he was a bad actor.

Bedtime For Bonzo? Really?

Ever been to the Reagan Library? Ouch - it is a huge propaganda machine. There is one room that I call the "Dictator Room" where there are portraits of all of the "Axis of Evil" guys that he so hated, each with a paragraph listed of why they were (are) so terrible. Not to say that they were (are) wonderful leaders, just, REALLY???? Terrible actor, terrible president. We are still suffering the long-term effects of "trickle down" (yes, I loved getting pissed on) and "Just Say No" BS. And in my opinion, he started letting the fundies have more power, more air time. Much of the crap we hear so prominently from the far right today gained its momentum with his administration. Or so it seems to me.
[+] 1 user Likes tln88's post
30-01-2015, 08:33 PM
(30-01-2015 04:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think both the (D)s and the (R )s are a bunch of corrupt lunatics.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Every one of them thinks jesus is his special friend.

So fuck jesus.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
30-01-2015, 08:42 PM
(30-01-2015 08:33 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Every one of them thinks jesus is his special friend.

So fuck jesus.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-01-2015, 05:44 AM
(30-01-2015 08:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 04:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think both the (D)s and the (R )s are a bunch of corrupt lunatics.

Lyric correction: It's "if your head explodes with dark forebodings, too".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2015, 08:56 AM
(30-01-2015 03:16 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

People are always ready to insult Democrats or Republicans...

I'm constantly amazed that anything (government, business, etc.) works, when the vast majority of those in power are completely useless morons.

There's an old Greek proverb that goes: "People get the Government they deserve".

By the way, did anyone else feel kind of icky "liking" the original post?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 4 users Like gofish!'s post
01-02-2015, 12:46 PM
(31-01-2015 08:56 AM)gofish! Wrote:  By the way, did anyone else feel kind of icky "liking" the original post?

I felt icky posting it... Confused

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
01-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Wow. What a bunch of shitbags.

And then the woman quoted for saying women get cleaned out at the ER...

1. So getting "cleaned out" somehow makes it better?
2. You don't get "cleaned out".
3. We had community SANE nurses (sexual assault) not staffed by the ER. The SANE nurses and law enforcement work together to get the "story" and obtain evidence - not the ER docs and nurses. Many times the patient is taken to an undisclosed location to perform the pelvic exam (read:invasive), provided the woman has not sustained any injuries necessitating hospitalization. The nurse takes swabs and looks for tears, hair, etc. (I'm saying woman here because I worked for an adult ED. The process for children is a bit different and involves the child advocacy center.) For the exams performed in our department, we didn't have a shower to provide the victims, so they had to wait until they were discharged and went home to finally clean up.

Imagine yourself in that position, you've just been violated, and now you have to sit around waiting to have evidence collected to put the perpetrator behind bars, and to obtain the evidence you have to be damn near violated again, when all you want to do is take a damn shower.

I don't remember administering Plan B, I think they had to go pick that up themselves, but I did administer prophylactic antibiotics for STDs.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post