Repudiating Homosexuality Is Wrong Because Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Repudiating Homosexuality Is Wrong Because Why?
(18-12-2013 11:54 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If there is no god, than we should all look to/hope for survivability-enhancing opportunities that are naturally evolving. Since a homosexual homo sapiens pair cannot reproduce, we should consider the repudiation of homosexuality natural and life-affirming. In fact, designed evolution should enhance any anti-homosexual stance.

Discuss. Thanks.

By that logic, you shouldn't be posting here because it does nothing to perpetuate our species and is therefore wrong. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-12-2013, 12:41 PM
(20-12-2013 08:34 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I've read the thread and the science side has been addressed but I'd like to add this... You are tiring, in a boring tedious way. Tying your personal phobias very weakly to evolution just so you can post something on here to be a bigoted prick and flame the atheists is like watching paint dry. From the bottom of my heart, fuck off you dull sack of tedium ... Merry Christmas x

Hey PJ, in case you missed this or even if you didn't just read it again.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
23-12-2013, 01:02 PM
(20-12-2013 09:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 08:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you really do not understand evolution. Really.

It's not about propagation, it's about gene selection. When you have actually read a scientific book on evolution, we can have a discussion about it.

Again, Chas, and no suprise here, you make the same one-sentence garbage (you don't iunderstand, PJ) and say nothing of substance or anything logical.

If homosexuality has a root gene than we're talking about propagation and gene selection. I think it's you and not me who doesn't understand evolution.
And you don't understand propagation either. There is a lot more to propagation than just sex. For example, what good is sex if the would-be intimate couple are both dead...? Apparently, the role of protection hasn't occurred to you in "survivability".

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-12-2013, 01:07 PM
(23-12-2013 12:41 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 08:34 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I've read the thread and the science side has been addressed but I'd like to add this... You are tiring, in a boring tedious way. Tying your personal phobias very weakly to evolution just so you can post something on here to be a bigoted prick and flame the atheists is like watching paint dry. From the bottom of my heart, fuck off you dull sack of tedium ... Merry Christmas x

fixed that for ya.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-12-2013, 01:11 PM
(23-12-2013 12:41 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
Quote:.... From the bottom of my heart, fuck off you dull sack of tedium ... Merry Christmas x

LOL L&I, you repped him for that too.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-12-2013, 01:16 PM
(23-12-2013 09:08 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Again, some of you posting to do not understand/or have not been informed re: modern evolutionary theory.

Because of complexity, diversity and etc. evolution is now understood to have self-correcting principles within, that is--it's guided--in part by traits that enhance survivability. Putting aside my subjective views and the scriptures for the moment, a plain sense understanding of homosexuality would say that using our free will to encourage gay marriage, to tolerate homosexual activity and coupling, in no way, shape or form enhances the survivability of the species--this is one of hundreds of ways in that you as atheists who care for other people, for their rights, against slavery, for tolerance and diversity, against people oppressing people, be it religious intolerance or anything else, go AGAINST classic and modern evolutionary theory and support other agendas and human agendas.

There are many implications to your positivist ethics and care for the weak, etc. Some of you hide behind saying we've evolved to become a social species... no, there are deeper, more existensial implications. Deal with it. Be real.

Evolution demonstrates that destructive behaviors like homosexuality and abortion are cons, not pros, for humankind. You are accountable to the Creator.

That is all.
Evolution simply is. It is not based upon conscious decisions. There is no part of evolution in which the members of a species decide on pros and cons and influence the evolutionary process. Our species has survived and has continued to increase in numbers with its homosexuality. Therefore, there is nothing about homosexuality that is problematic in the evolution of our species. The proof is right in front of your eyes.

23-12-2013, 01:23 PM
(23-12-2013 01:11 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 12:41 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Hey PJ, in case you missed this or even if you didn't just read it again.

LOL L&I, you repped him for that too.

I had to. That made my day! Lol
23-12-2013, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 01:37 PM by Foxen.)
[Image: 1002037_641210935936599_593809254_n.png]

With the younger, more tolerant generations getting older, homosexuality will not be such a big deal in the near future.
[+] 3 users Like Foxen's post
23-12-2013, 01:37 PM
(23-12-2013 01:33 PM)Foxen Wrote:  [Image: 1002037_641210935936599_593809254_n.png]

With the younger, more tolerant generations getting older, the issue of homosexuality will not be such a big deal in the near future.

OH! It's the end of civilization as we know it.

Good.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-12-2013, 01:54 PM
You know what? I keep going back and forth on how I feel about Christianity's homophobia.

On the one hand, it amounts to awful people victimizing the victimless simply to further their own bigotry. This makes me want to convince them they're wrong. If I can't deconvert them, I'd at least try to convert conservative Christians over to liberal Christianity.

On the other hand, Christians' persecution of non-heterosexuality is the suicide of their religion. The more they hate on the gays, the faster the monster dies. Every time Pat Robertson says that God caused [insert catastrophe here] to punish us for homosexuality, a hundred new atheists come into being. This makes me simply want to contain the damage they try to do, but not set them right in the slightest. Hell, if we can still contain the damage they do, let's hand them a megaphone. (No, it only LOOKS like we're handing you rope. It's a real megaphone. Honest.)

I keep going back and forth on this. Thoughts?
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post