Repudiating Homosexuality Is Wrong Because Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Repudiating Homosexuality Is Wrong Because Why?
(23-12-2013 01:54 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  You know what? I keep going back and forth on how I feel about Christianity's homophobia.

On the one hand, it amounts to awful people victimizing the victimless simply to further their own bigotry. This makes me want to convince them they're wrong. If I can't deconvert them, I'd at least try to convert conservative Christians over to liberal Christianity.

On the other hand, Christians' persecution of non-heterosexuality is the suicide of their religion. The more they hate on the gays, the faster the monster dies. Every time Pat Robertson says that God caused [insert catastrophe here] to punish us for homosexuality, a hundred new atheists come into being. This makes me simply want to contain the damage they try to do, but not set them right in the slightest. Hell, if we can still contain the damage they do, let's hand them a megaphone. (No, it only LOOKS like we're handing you rope. It's a real megaphone. Honest.)

I keep going back and forth on this. Thoughts?

Should we start a megaphone fund? indiegogo? gofundme?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 02:19 PM
(23-12-2013 01:54 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  You know what? I keep going back and forth on how I feel about Christianity's homophobia.

On the one hand, it amounts to awful people victimizing the victimless simply to further their own bigotry. This makes me want to convince them they're wrong. If I can't deconvert them, I'd at least try to convert conservative Christians over to liberal Christianity.

On the other hand, Christians' persecution of non-heterosexuality is the suicide of their religion. The more they hate on the gays, the faster the monster dies. Every time Pat Robertson says that God caused [insert catastrophe here] to punish us for homosexuality, a hundred new atheists come into being. This makes me simply want to contain the damage they try to do, but not set them right in the slightest. Hell, if we can still contain the damage they do, let's hand them a megaphone. (No, it only LOOKS like we're handing you rope. It's a real megaphone. Honest.)

It's the same reason we love it when the right wing picks people like Sarah Palin to run on their ticket. It's like oh ok I was prepared to fight to the death but since you decided to off yourself I guess I will just sit here and revel in glory.
Find all posts by this user
23-12-2013, 03:02 PM
(23-12-2013 01:54 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  On the other hand, Christians' persecution of non-heterosexuality is the suicide of their religion. The more they hate on the gays, the faster the monster dies. Every time Pat Robertson says that God caused [insert catastrophe here] to punish us for homosexuality, a hundred new atheists come into being. This makes me simply want to contain the damage they try to do, but not set them right in the slightest. Hell, if we can still contain the damage they do, let's hand them a megaphone. (No, it only LOOKS like we're handing you rope. It's a real megaphone. Honest.)

It's a double-edged sword. A lot like me sorta hoping Rick Santorum would have won the primary last election. The guy is so unelectable, you don't really have to worry about him...

...but on the off chance that he does somehow win, you have Rick Motherfucking Santorum in the highest office of the land.

So, maybe Christians hating on homosexuality will cause people to flee the religion, or maybe they'll somehow get bolstered and gay rights will be set back several decades, or something. I'm hoping, like the Santorum example, that the first possibility is much more likely.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-12-2013, 03:30 PM
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's a double-edged sword. A lot like me sorta hoping Rick Santorum would have won the primary last election. The guy is so unelectable, you don't really have to worry about him...

...but on the off chance that he does somehow win, you have Rick Motherfucking Santorum as the most powerful motherfucker on the planet.

fixed that for ya.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-12-2013, 07:40 PM
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:54 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  On the other hand, Christians' persecution of non-heterosexuality is the suicide of their religion. The more they hate on the gays, the faster the monster dies. Every time Pat Robertson says that God caused [insert catastrophe here] to punish us for homosexuality, a hundred new atheists come into being. This makes me simply want to contain the damage they try to do, but not set them right in the slightest. Hell, if we can still contain the damage they do, let's hand them a megaphone. (No, it only LOOKS like we're handing you rope. It's a real megaphone. Honest.)

It's a double-edged sword. A lot like me sorta hoping Rick Santorum would have won the primary last election. The guy is so unelectable, you don't really have to worry about him...

...but on the off chance that he does somehow win, you have Rick Motherfucking Santorum in the highest office of the land.

So, maybe Christians hating on homosexuality will cause people to flee the religion, or maybe they'll somehow get bolstered and gay rights will be set back several decades, or something. I'm hoping, like the Santorum example, that the first possibility is much more likely.

Crazy enough to just work. Hobo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-12-2013, 09:15 PM
(18-12-2013 11:54 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Since a homosexual homo sapiens pair cannot reproduce, ...

You really don't know how to properly use this series of tubes known as the interwebz yet do you?

Robert Winston, a pioneer of in-vitro fertilization, told London's Sunday Times that "male pregnancy would certainly be possible" by having an embryo implanted in a man's abdomen – with the placenta attached to an internal organ such as the bowel – and later delivered by Caesarean section. Ectopic implantation of the embryo along the abdominal wall, and resulting placenta growth would, however, be very dangerous and potentially fatal for the host, and is therefore unlikely to be studied in humans. Gillian Lockwood, medical director of Midland Fertility Services, a British fertility clinic, noted that the abdomen is not designed to separate from the placenta during delivery, hence the danger of an ectopic pregnancy. "The question is not 'Can a man do it?'" stated bioethicist Glenn McGee. "It’s ’If a man does have a successful pregnancy, can he survive it?’ "

And, "Some female-to-male transgender people can become pregnant, while still identifying as men. This is possible for individuals who still have functioning ovaries and a uterus."

[Image: pregnantman-1.jpg]

And lesbians just need a turkey baster and a sperm donor. Tongue

Am I mistaken or ain't you like 40-50 yo or something with a daughter you sent through an Ivy League School? ... Why your posts read like my teenage kid's?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-12-2013, 09:19 PM
(23-12-2013 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: pregnantman-1.jpg]

That is beautiful.