Repulsive video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2011, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 07:59 PM by ghostexorcist.)
Repulsive video
The YouTube user Manuppowerup has made several videos where he tries to make Atheists "look stupid" by asking various questions related to the beginning of the universe, the origins of life, morals, etc. I've seen three of his videos so far. The last I watched was this rather repulsive one where he basically asks atheists why they haven't killed themselves, and then tells them that he can educated them on ways to do it.

I flagged the video, but YouTube says that "hate speech" falls under "protected groups." It's not hate speech, it's literally a "you should kill yourself because there is no point in life" video. I really hope they take it down. I don't care that it is directed at atheists. What happens if some poor depressed person (atheist or otherwise) watches the video and they kill themselves because of it?

My mouth was gaping open in disbelief the entire time I was watching it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2011, 08:05 PM
RE: Repulsive video
One unenlightened point of view indeed.

The main point I feel he was trying to assert is that since there is no life after death, "we" (atheists) should kill ourselves. Well, if you think about it - theists would have more of a reason to kill themselves than an atheist, since they believe they have eternal happiness after death. However atheists, only having one life have the least motives of all to kill ourselves.

"If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss, then why are you wearing a seat belt? [Because you're just not sure.]" - Doug Stanhope
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Crucify This!'s post
18-09-2011, 08:26 PM
(18-09-2011 08:05 PM)Crucify This! Wrote:  One unenlightened point of view indeed.

The main point I feel he was trying to assert is that since there is no life after death, "we" (atheists) should kill ourselves. Well, if you think about it - theists would have more of a reason to kill themselves than an atheist, since they believe they have eternal happiness after death. However atheists, only having one life have the least motives of all to kill ourselves.

"If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss, then why are you wearing a seat belt? [Because you're just not sure.]" - Doug Stanhope
I know what the point of the video was, it's just the fact that he repeatedly asks why haven't atheists killed themselves and offers to give them instructions on how to do it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I find his viewpoint contradictory, as an atheist would see this life as being, possibly, the only life. Perhaps it's not, but regardless, why would believing you only get one shot at being alive be grounds for killing yourself? IT seems to me that would be grounds for staying alive as long as possible.

Either way (theist or atheist) it's stupid to say someone should kill themselves because their viewpoint necessitates it. Theists value life as a sacred gift from God that should not be wasted, and atheists value life as a gift they should not squander as they will never have another chance.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
19-09-2011, 05:38 PM

And i thought Checkmate Atheists by EdwardCurrent was the most repulsive.
Kill yourself?, Really! That guy really needs a reality check!
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Believers will stop at nothing when under scrutiny to create fear and cause confusion. Anything for the cause of Christ or whoever. When things become uncomfortable, it's their survival.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
20-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Well, you can see that he's not a "good man". I mean, he's asking why we're good. We die, what should we earn from being good? This asshole is, if he is, only "good" due to the one reason that he's egoistic, cause it'll help him on his way to heaven. Poor asshole. The sad thing about that is there are many people who think that way.
"If there's no eternal happy life, what are you living for?"
"Cause Life, in human standards, could be "eternal happy life" if you just do so"[/align]
20-09-2011, 08:29 PM
(19-09-2011 05:38 PM)MSteele323 Wrote:  And i thought Checkmate Atheists by EdwardCurrent was the most repulsive.
Kill yourself?, Really! That guy really needs a reality check!

You realize Checkmate Atheists is satire, right?

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
21-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I think he's pretty much tops when it comes to stupidity. IMO, intellectual lightweights like that don't deserve the respect of a response or even the time of day.

Better without God, and happier too.
22-09-2011, 01:11 AM
How did this misguided fool turn the atheist argument for heaven around on us? God is supposedly waiting for them, earthworms are waiting for us. The roles are obviously reversed in this video.... Why would I kill myself for earthworms?