Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: Reputation
So what are you suggesting? The removal of negative reps as a feature?

I'm not personally a big fan of them, but I don't consider it a big deal. It doesn't stop you writing whatever you want on the forum (within the rules of course).

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2017, 06:34 PM
I just don't have enough crayons or puppets to explain.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
27-11-2017, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2017 07:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-11-2017 04:27 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  As a vocal and articulate theist I will continue to get nothing but negative reputation that I don't think is deserved. I'm only giving as good as I'm taking. At this rate it will be negative 50 what point does that serve?

See that right there. That's your problem, right there.
You're not a theist. You're some sort of deist. If you were articulate, you'd be able to define what you're talking about. You're suffering from Dunning-Krueger. It seems to be an epidemic here-abouts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-11-2017, 06:47 PM
(27-11-2017 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At -66 you beat TrainWreck's record. TrainWreck is my friend so I won't let that happen. Smile

You're Jekyll. He's Hyde. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
27-11-2017, 06:52 PM
I haven't spoken to you on the forum, DP, but I think if it were me and I was getting negative rep after negative rep (and it bothered me enough), I'd read what people were saying in the rep section responses and do a little self-assessment.
[+] 11 users Like jennybee's post
27-11-2017, 06:52 PM
(27-11-2017 06:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-11-2017 04:27 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  As a vocal and articulate theist I will continue to get nothing but negative reputation that I don't think is deserved. I'm only giving as good as I'm taking. At this rate it will be negative 50 what point does that serve?

See that right there. That's your problem, right there.
You're not a theist. You're some sort of deist. If you were articulate, you'd be able to define what you're talking about. You're suffering from Dunning-Krueger. It seems to be an epidemic here-abuts.

You are right, C60. He is a deist as far as I can tell. Thumbsup He believes in divinity but dismisses revelation. Hell, that makes GirlyBob a deist too. Big Grin

Dude's been here a while, do we really want to go Lord of the Flies on him and kill Piggy? We could just say "Hey dummy, you're a deist not a theist and here's why." Hell, I learned something from his thread. Who's your deist? Bob's your meist. Smile

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem. - Camus
27-11-2017, 07:35 PM
(27-11-2017 06:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Rubbed people the wrong way???

Really?

Didja hear about the hooker that rubbed people the wrong way????

It wasn't a happy ending...

Duh dum...crash........

[Image: god-damnit-o.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
27-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Speak your mind and let the chips fall where they may. I haven't read many of your posts (because generally I find religious debate useless), so I can't give you insight into why your rep is sinking and not climbing. Some folks negrep for disagreement, no matter how cogent it is. Some folks neg because their interlocutor was being an ass, or obtuse, or dishonest. Some folks give negs because they just don't like how you say what you're saying. And no doubt there's more reasons.

i say don't worry about it. Post as you will, take your lumps, and listen to others. It works for me. I don't agree with everyone I like, nor do I like everyone I agree with. I just try to be civil (and most of the time succeed) when disagreeing. I work at actually listening and will acknowledge when a good point has been made against my own. I also work at extending personality into the process, so that folks don't see me as a drone but rather as a person, fully-fleshed with good points and foibles both.

I find that goes a long ways towards earning respect even from those who dislike what I'm writing. It works for me.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-11-2017, 07:52 PM
(27-11-2017 07:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Speak your mind and let the chips fall where they may. I haven't read many of your posts (because generally I find religious debate useless), so I can't give you insight into why your rep is sinking and not climbing. Some folks negrep for disagreement, no matter how cogent it is. Some folks neg because their interlocutor was being an ass, or obtuse, or dishonest. Some folks give negs because they just don't like how you say what you're saying. And no doubt there's more reasons.

i say don't worry about it. Post as you will, take your lumps, and listen to others. It works for me. I don't agree with everyone I like, nor do I like everyone I agree with. I just try to be civil (and most of the time succeed) when disagreeing; I find that goes a long ways towards earning respect even from those who dislike what I'm writing.

I only neg repped someone once and that's because they were being mean to Aliza (who happens to be a theist, DP, and she was attacked by an atheist troll on here). Other than that, I stay away from the religious debate typically as well--mostly because it's like been there done that--and as you say, oftentimes it's useless. Also, many times, I think some just come on here to troll and don't even believe half the shit they are actually saying. So it's like why bother, imo.

Anyway, I think you hit the mark exactly when you said it's about respect. I find if you treat people with respect (on here and irl) people are more open to hearing what you have to say. I don't know if this was the case with DP because as I say, I haven't talked to him or her on here, etc.

I also think the reps system is kind of ridiculous in general. I've had people I talk to on here pm me and ask how come they don't have higher reps. I think it really bothers them because they are nice members. But imo, it's like who the fuck cares? Tongue
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
27-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Dude reminds me of blowme

The only thing clever about him was his username. Drinking Beverage

This dude doesn’t even have that going for him

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces