Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: Reputation
(28-11-2017 08:18 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(27-11-2017 04:27 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  As a vocal and articulate theist I will continue to get nothing but negative reputation that I don't think is deserved. I'm only giving as good as I'm taking. At this rate it will be negative 50 what point does that serve?

Why are you so concerned about what people think about you? When this life ends we will all stand before God to be judged. His opinion is the only one that counts.

Probably because, like many believers, he seeks the comfort of agreement to assuage his own inner doubts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-11-2017, 09:40 PM
(28-11-2017 12:39 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(28-11-2017 12:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So you're saying God has his own rep system up in heaven. Tongue Wink

In Heaven they love me so much that I've accumulated a total of 666 positive rep. Evil_monster

That's quite cool. But I think I'd be happier with 69.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
28-11-2017, 10:03 PM
I'm still not clear what the suggestion for the forum is, here. Surely it can't be that people aren't allowed to write things along with rep, or give negative rep, that the person doesn't personally approve of?

People have a real reputation here, regardless. We all form opinions of each other. The rep system is just a little documentation of a few of those opinions. Anyone stupid enough to base their entire opinion of someone solely on other peoples' opinions, without bothering to read anything they actually write, is not a person worth worrying about.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
29-11-2017, 09:29 AM
I think the purpose of the thread was to give vent to a little buttrash.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-11-2017, 09:36 PM
and nobody offered any salve either Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
29-11-2017, 09:44 PM
(27-11-2017 04:27 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  As a vocal and articulate theist I will continue to get nothing but negative reputation that I don't think is deserved. I'm only giving as good as I'm taking. At this rate it will be negative 50 what point does that serve?

Why are you so concerned about what people think about you? When this life ends we will all stand before God to be judged. His opinion is the only one that counts.

I thought the gospels say that will happen when Jesus returns, not "when life ends". So now Theo thinks he knows more than his gospels.
Please do try to keep your fairy stories straight. This is very confusing. Huh

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Rep points to me fall into the category of "hmm, that's interesting." Actual opinions of the person comes from a few weeks of reading posts and interacting.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
30-11-2017, 08:50 AM
(29-11-2017 09:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-11-2017 08:18 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Why are you so concerned about what people think about you? When this life ends we will all stand before God to be judged. His opinion is the only one that counts.

I thought the gospels say that will happen when Jesus returns, not "when life ends". So now Theo thinks he knows more than his gospels.
Please do try to keep your fairy stories straight. This is very confusing. Huh

There will be a judgment when Jesus returns but most people will die before then.

It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.
Hebrews 9:27 ESV

If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.
Charles Darwin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2017, 09:03 AM
(30-11-2017 08:50 AM)theophilus Wrote:  ...
It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.
Hebrews 9:27 ESV

Ha! Complete misinterpretation.

That is referring to the judgmental belittling that goes on in muttered whispers at your funeral.

"Oh, I know, Doris, and to think he had a mistress in every country he ever visited ..."

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-11-2017, 11:25 AM

Which supernatural god would that be?

Pick one from the list below:

Sorry, there are no supernatural gods on the list because, well, no supernatural gods ever existed.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post