Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2017, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2017 11:56 AM by BikerDude.)
RE: Reputation
(27-11-2017 04:27 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  As a vocal and articulate theist I will continue to get nothing but negative reputation that I don't think is deserved. I'm only giving as good as I'm taking. At this rate it will be negative 50 what point does that serve?

Mill called it "social tyranny".
Today it could be called an echo chamber.
It's all the rage in the age of twitter.
That said it might be because you are an idiot.
But it wouldn't matter as long as you are a gray sheep among yellow ones.
http://bigthink.com/against-the-new-tabo...nny-of-one
http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-social...le/2004531

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2017, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2017 12:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-11-2017 08:50 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(29-11-2017 09:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I thought the gospels say that will happen when Jesus returns, not "when life ends". So now Theo thinks he knows more than his gospels.
Please do try to keep your fairy stories straight. This is very confusing. Huh

There will be a judgment when Jesus returns but most people will die before then.

It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.
Hebrews 9:27 ESV

So where are they all hanging around, meanwhile ... ?

1 Corinthians 15 : 51-52
"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.…

1 Corinthians 15: 53-55

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

You can't possibly trying to say this also applies to those who are not saved ? We know that Paul thought ONLY the "saved" were exalted, and immortality was reserved for the saved. This absolutely contradicts the notion that the Last Judgment is an event for all.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2017, 01:08 PM
(30-11-2017 09:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-11-2017 08:50 AM)theophilus Wrote:  ...
It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.
Hebrews 9:27 ESV

Ha! Complete misinterpretation.

That is referring to the judgmental belittling that goes on in muttered whispers at your funeral.

"Oh, I know, Doris, and to think he had a mistress in every country he ever visited ..."

Drinking Beverage

Yabut, is that admiration or complaint?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
30-11-2017, 03:10 PM
(27-11-2017 05:58 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(27-11-2017 04:27 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  As a vocal and articulate theist I will continue to get nothing but negative reputation that I don't think is deserved. I'm only giving as good as I'm taking. At this rate it will be negative 50 what point does that serve?

> Your critics have, thus far, observed the following about you:
1.) You repeatedly make unsupported, inane claims;
2.) You are intellectually dishonest;
3.) You are profoundly ignorant, especially in regard to science;
4.) You have little understanding of logic;
5.) And you fail to address legitimate challenges to your claims. Consider

In reality I tried to respond to as many as I could for every post I make I get 8 or more responses. I've used undisputed facts to support my claim. I'm not a scientist and don't claim to be one and our discussion has been science light.

I'm not a milquetoast bible spouting religious theist so I'm sure I am rubbing some wrong. One thing you might notice, no one specifies exactly how I lied or how my logic is dysfunctional. Just charges with no substance.
30-11-2017, 03:32 PM
(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  
(27-11-2017 05:58 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Your critics have, thus far, observed the following about you:

In reality I tried to respond to as many as I could for every post I make I get 8 or more responses. I've used undisputed facts to support my claim. I'm not a scientist and don't claim to be one and our discussion has been science light.

I'm not a milquetoast bible spouting religious theist so I'm sure I am rubbing some wrong. One thing you might notice, no one specifies exactly how I lied or how my logic is dysfunctional. Just charges with no substance.

Yeah, they did tell you exactly how you misconstrued things. You're just too dim to get it. You really are WAY out of your league here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2017, 06:41 PM
It's really simple DP:

[Image: 1c9936c10853d3bdec1b1b3991885eb7.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
30-11-2017, 07:42 PM
(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  
(27-11-2017 05:58 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Your critics have, thus far, observed the following about you:

(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I've used undisputed facts to support my claim.

> Present examples of your favorite arguments supported by these "undisputed facts so that we might discuss them.

(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  One thing you might notice, no one specifies exactly how I lied or how my logic is dysfunctional. Just charges with no substance.

> Give us some examples of these claims that we might discuss them.
30-11-2017, 08:34 PM
(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I've used undisputed facts to support my claim.

It isn't the facts that we dispute, It's the support.

(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I'm not a scientist and don't claim to be one and our discussion has been science light.

Then how do you know if the facts support your claims?

(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  One thing you might notice, no one specifies exactly how I lied or how my logic is dysfunctional. Just charges with no substance.

And it's lies like this that get you that lovely reputation you're whining about. Quite a few of us have spent a fair bit of effort explaining why your reasoning is faulty. You've largely ignored those criticisms. That makes it seem as if you aren't worth the effort of a serious response so you just get made fun of. Then you get all passive-agressive whiny about your well-earned reputation and can't even manage to be honest about that.

[Image: suck-it-up-buttercup.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
30-11-2017, 09:22 PM
(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  In reality I tried to respond to as many as I could for every post I make I get 8 or more responses.

Yes, I will give you credit for that. You did answer a number of posts.

NO. YOU. HAVE. NOT.

This is an example of a statement of yours that is blatantly false. The document you linked to DOES NOT amount to evidence. It does not contain undisputed facts.

(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I'm not a scientist and don't claim to be one and our discussion has been science light.

In a way that is unfortunate, since scientific evidence is the only evidence that most of us will accept.

(30-11-2017 03:10 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I'm not a milquetoast bible spouting religious theist so I'm sure I am rubbing some wrong.

So far you've produced run-of-the-mill apologetics that have been debunked repeatedly.

I thought I was being clear. You claimed to have evidence. What you produced was not in any way, evidence. This was made clear to you. You continue to claim evidence.

That is tantamount to lying.

(27-11-2017 04:43 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(27-11-2017 04:14 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I'm angry...have you noticed some of the responses I've gotten?

People are angry because you have lied, repeatedly.

You do not have evidence.
We will not allow you to redefine evidence into something that fits your fantasy.

You mention continental drift. Yes, the idea was laughed at. Until evidence was presented that made it an undeniable fact.

The evidence that supports plate tectonics and continental drift is available to all. Anyone can study it and the evidence is testable, verifiable and repeatable.

You want to prove god? Show evidence of that quality to support your god.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-11-2017, 09:24 PM
(28-11-2017 08:18 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Why are you so concerned about what people think about you? When this life ends we will all stand before God to be judged. His opinion is the only one that counts.

Why?

You value the opinion of sadistic, genocidal monsters?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post