Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
24-09-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: Reputation: An Overview
"Reputation"(?) like: do you lie or steal, beat your wife, or have sex with your dog?
No, "reputation" like: I don't like what you said................

I'd hope that atheists would be among the last groups to "throw stones."

I'd hope that people would flag "bad reputation" with great circumspection..........
I'd hope that adults in the room would send a private message first to the effect of:
"I don't think you should have posted ( ); because ( ).

But here are a few "Bad Reputation" comments:

I was too generous by upgrading you to a nuetral. You're just a douchey idiot.
Ignorant and Inane
Disingenuous and annoying
Troll...gtfo
I give up on this idiot. Good luck to him.
Beyond stupid. Childish and condescending. Hostile, arrogant. puts words in peoples mouth and makes ridiculous blanket statements. A troll.
Tsk, tsk. Crude and dishonest - and left 'benefit of the doubt' behind long ago.
If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, posts like a troll, and comments like a troll.

Could we consider changing "Reputation" to "Popularity"?

As someone who thinks outside the box, I have to wonder if there might be some uncommon wisdom associated with some folks with "bad reputations"?

The person who "earned" all these "bad reputation" comments has been making some seemingly important (but unpopular?) comments about the USA's quest for world domination and conquest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2013, 01:32 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  "Reputation"(?) like: do you lie or steal, beat your wife, or have sex with your dog?

I'd hope that people would flag "bad reputation" with great circumspection..........
I'd hope that adults in the room would send a private message first to the effect of:

Ignorant and Inane
Troll...gtfo
Beyond stupid. Childish and condescending. Hostile, arrogant. puts words in peoples mouth and makes ridiculous blanket statements. A troll.
Tsk, tsk. Crude and dishonest - and left 'benefit of the doubt' behind long ago.
If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, posts like a troll, and comments like a troll.

As someone who thinks outside the box, I have to wonder if there might be some uncommon wisdom associated with some folks with "bad reputations"?

The person who "earned" all these "bad reputation" comments has been making some seemingly important (but unpopular?) comments about the USA's quest for world domination and conquest.

No, it's not about what they say. It's about the way they conduct themselves on the forum.

All of those comments were accurate and deserved.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Tell II he wasted his money hiring you to try to salvage his rep here.

He is an asshole, and proves it every time he logs on.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-09-2013, 02:55 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  "Reputation"(?) like: do you lie or steal, beat your wife, or have sex with your dog?

Ignorant and Inane
Troll...gtfo

The forum is intended to be a platform for discussion. The person who "earned" all these "bad reputation" comments has consistently demonstrated an inability to participate in honest and civil discussion. QED.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
24-09-2013, 04:02 PM
(24-09-2013 01:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Tell II he wasted his money hiring you to try to salvage his rep here.

I was looking for a master list of logical fallacies so one could just refute spurious arguments by referring to F26 (fallacious reasoning #26). Then one could refer to the list and posters wouldn't have to waste a lot of time explaining things.

"Hiring me to salvage his reputation" -- cute, but not anywhere along the way to a rational logical discussion

Maintaining that something is a fact and providing no evidence. (Everyone knows he) "proves it every time he logs on". His post about the USA lusting to conquer Iran Syria etc. is solid evidence your statement is false. Irregardless of the truth, it was a responsible post, made in a responsible manner.

I'm new here, so I haven't yet exactly figured out if atheists are more civilized and/or better thinkers than "normals"; or maybe atheists just have a defective religion gene.

Yes, "reputation" should refer to one's behavior here; but looking at the name-caller's comments, I am yet to be confident that is the case.

It would be ironic/pathetic if atheists were no better than "normals" in hating and persecuting those whose beliefs differ from the herd mentality. (ironic, pathetic, and human?)
24-09-2013, 04:04 PM
(24-09-2013 04:02 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  I was looking for a master list of logical fallacies so one could just refute spurious arguments by referring to F26 (fallacious reasoning #26). Then one could refer to the list and posters wouldn't have to waste a lot of time explaining things.

"Hiring me to salvage his reputation" -- cute, but not anywhere along the way to a rational logical discussion

Maintaining that something is a fact and providing no evidence. (Everyone knows he) "proves it every time he logs on". His post about the USA lusting to conquer Iran Syria etc. is solid evidence your statement is false. Irregardless of the truth, it was a responsible post, made in a responsible manner.

I'm new here, so I haven't yet exactly figured out if atheists are more civilized and/or better thinkers than "normals"; or maybe atheists just have a defective religion gene.

Yes, "reputation" should refer to one's behavior here; but looking at the name-caller's comments, I am yet to be confident that is the case.

It would be ironic/pathetic if atheists were no better than "normals" in hating and persecuting those whose beliefs differ from the herd mentality. (ironic, pathetic, and human?)

Erm, atheists are normal. We aren't mutants you know.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-09-2013, 04:08 PM
(24-09-2013 04:02 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 01:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Tell II he wasted his money hiring you to try to salvage his rep here.

I was looking for a master list of logical fallacies so one could just refute spurious arguments by referring to F26 (fallacious reasoning #26). Then one could refer to the list and posters wouldn't have to waste a lot of time explaining things.

Atheists are people who don't believe in gods. That's it.
You can stick your generalizations up your ass.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-09-2013, 04:17 PM
(24-09-2013 04:02 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  I'm new here

Yet you're happy to tell us off immediately for giving some user a neg rep ? How do you know he didn't deserve them ? You know the mild-mannered I & I from somewhere else ?
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-09-2013, 04:38 PM
(24-09-2013 04:02 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  

Go read all his posts...start at the beginning. Notice how we twists and turns things and makes the same assertions time after time to the point of spamming. Notice how he thinks he is clever when he tries to come up with provocative titles. Check the misogyny and the blanket statements about the government and the military.

While you are at it, note how he doesn't answer direct questions but instead changes gears or just leaves a thread to start a new one.

If you still think I&I is a swell guy, then tell us what evidence you have of that, he certainly hasn't shown us any.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Obvious sock puppet is obvious.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post