Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
24-09-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: Reputation: An Overview
Quote:As someone who thinks outside the box, I have to wonder if there might be some uncommon wisdom associated with some folks with "bad reputations"?

I sense that the box u are thinking outside of, is just inside a slightly larger box.

Yes

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
24-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Anyone else notice how only of them can post at a time?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-09-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 05:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  As someone who thinks outside the box, I have to wonder if there might be some uncommon wisdom associated with some folks with "bad reputations"?

No need to think outside the box, just check out TrainWreck's posts @ -29 rep.

That's some pure unadulterated homeless leech on society and proud of it comedic genius right there. Big Grin
[Image: trainwreck.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-09-2013, 05:55 PM
(24-09-2013 04:02 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 01:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Tell II he wasted his money hiring you to try to salvage his rep here.

He is an asshole, and proves it every time he logs on.

I was looking for a master list of logical fallacies so one could just refute spurious arguments by referring to F26 (fallacious reasoning #26). Then one could refer to the list and posters wouldn't have to waste a lot of time explaining things.

"Hiring me to salvage his reputation" -- cute, but not anywhere along the way to a rational logical discussion

Maintaining that something is a fact and providing no evidence. (Everyone knows he) "proves it every time he logs on". His post about the USA lusting to conquer Iran Syria etc. is solid evidence your statement is false. Irregardless of the truth, it was a responsible post, made in a responsible manner.

I'm new here, so I haven't yet exactly figured out if atheists are more civilized and/or better thinkers than "normals"; or maybe atheists just have a defective religion gene.

Yes, "reputation" should refer to one's behavior here; but looking at the name-caller's comments, I am yet to be confident that is the case.

It would be ironic/pathetic if atheists were no better than "normals" in hating and persecuting those whose beliefs differ from the herd mentality. (ironic, pathetic, and human?)

I like the idea of a master list of fallacies. Go for it.

And if everyone else agrees with it, I will too.

And the idea that atheists have herd mentality is offensive.

Unless everyone else says it isn't in which case I will retract that statement.

Personally, I've yet to neg-rep anyone. Ever.
Not for their post content or being a douche or anything.

I'm tempted sometimes.

Like when someone uses a word like "irregardless"!

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-09-2013, 06:03 PM
I see non neg rep as the way to go and will pursue robust debate, even after my name change, makeover, and added personal photo.....Cool
24-09-2013, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-09-2013 05:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 04:02 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  I was looking for a master list of logical fallacies so one could just refute spurious arguments by referring to F26 (fallacious reasoning #26). Then one could refer to the list and posters wouldn't have to waste a lot of time explaining things.

I like the idea of a master list of fallacies. Go for it.

Here you go. Ain't like the logicians are keeping 'em a secret like some bizarre Davinci Golden Ratio code in the Bible or something. Tongue

(24-09-2013 05:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Personally, I've yet to neg-rep anyone. Ever. Not for their post content or being a douche or anything. I'm tempted sometimes.

Nope, never even tempted. GIRLY DON'T SURF! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-09-2013, 07:17 PM
(24-09-2013 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 05:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I like the idea of a master list of fallacies. Go for it.

Here you go. Ain't like the logicians are keeping 'em a secret like some bizarre Davinci Golden Ratio code in the Bible or something. Tongue

I know, right? They'll just sell textbooks to anyone these days.

Also consider here, if you want something more sarcastic.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
24-09-2013, 07:31 PM
(24-09-2013 07:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Here you go. Ain't like the logicians are keeping 'em a secret like some bizarre Davinci Golden Ratio code in the Bible or something. Tongue

I know, right? They'll just sell textbooks to anyone these days.

Also consider here, if you want something more sarcastic.

hehehehehe ... That link is not quite as informative, but it is far more instructive. Big Grin

25-09-2013, 09:36 PM
(24-09-2013 04:02 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  Irregardless of the truth, it was a responsible post, made in a responsible manner.

Blink

You people took this post seriously? Surely it is a satire - a joke. A brilliantly planned one which flew over your heads. Tell me he is joking. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
25-09-2013, 09:45 PM
(24-09-2013 05:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  As someone who thinks outside the box, I have to wonder if there might be some uncommon wisdom associated with some folks with "bad reputations"?

No need to think outside the box, just check out TrainWreck's posts @ -29 rep.

That's some pure unadulterated homeless leech on society and proud of it comedic genius right there. Big Grin
[Image: trainwreck.jpg]

Bechased

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy