Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
25-09-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Reputation: An Overview
(24-09-2013 06:35 AM)andrewboston Wrote:  What if there were another level of "enlightenment" above being an atheist. My question would be: would those people have high or low "reputation" scores. Of course we all know we would pretty much all be way in the negative in a "normal" forum.
I guess as an adult I could deal with a "negative reputation". But isn't this sort of group censorship, something we should strive to avoid? On the other hand some people do deserve to be censored. Sigh, life can be so complicated when you think...........
(sorry I had posted this elsewhere, but this is the correct place)

[Image: eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
25-09-2013, 10:07 PM
(24-09-2013 10:03 AM)andrewboston Wrote:  "What?"

What if the atheists here mostly, in most other aspects, share conventional herd thinking (=non-thinking)? If so, then those who didn't share them would likely be unpopular = negative reputation.

I'm thinking in terms of a fellow with a bad "reputation" who, among other things, has been posting about the "criminal" activities of the US Government in Iraq etc etc etc etc.

What if a higher level of of enlightenment would come with the realization that the USA Government is the most effective criminal organization in the known universe?

[Image: rKl0r.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-09-2013, 10:09 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)andrewboston Wrote:  "Reputation"(?) like: do you lie or steal, beat your wife, or have sex with your dog?
No, "reputation" like: I don't like what you said................

I'd hope that atheists would be among the last groups to "throw stones."

I'd hope that people would flag "bad reputation" with great circumspection..........
I'd hope that adults in the room would send a private message first to the effect of:
"I don't think you should have posted ( ); because ( ).

But here are a few "Bad Reputation" comments:

I was too generous by upgrading you to a nuetral. You're just a douchey idiot.
Ignorant and Inane
Disingenuous and annoying
Troll...gtfo
I give up on this idiot. Good luck to him.
Beyond stupid. Childish and condescending. Hostile, arrogant. puts words in peoples mouth and makes ridiculous blanket statements. A troll.
Tsk, tsk. Crude and dishonest - and left 'benefit of the doubt' behind long ago.
If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, posts like a troll, and comments like a troll.

Could we consider changing "Reputation" to "Popularity"?

As someone who thinks outside the box, I have to wonder if there might be some uncommon wisdom associated with some folks with "bad reputations"?

The person who "earned" all these "bad reputation" comments has been making some seemingly important (but unpopular?) comments about the USA's quest for world domination and conquest.

[Image: Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif]

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
26-09-2013, 01:30 AM
(24-09-2013 06:35 AM)andrewboston Wrote:  What if there were another level of "enlightenment" above being an atheist. My question would be: would those people have high or low "reputation" scores. Of course we all know we would pretty much all be way in the negative in a "normal" forum.
I guess as an adult I could deal with a "negative reputation". But isn't this sort of group censorship, something we should strive to avoid? On the other hand some people do deserve to be censored. Sigh, life can be so complicated when you think...........
(sorry I had posted this elsewhere, but this is the correct place)

Level of enlightenment above atheist?

That smacks of arrogance. I dont walk around thinking "I'm an atheist, so I'm more enlightened than those theists." What kind of person would think like that?

I was once a theist myself.

I&I deserves all his neg rep and then some. For some reason you can't comprehend that IandI is a fucking douche nozzle. It has nothing to do with his beliefs.

Maybe you have a favourable bias toward people who share your beliefs? Does I&I deserve higher rep because he believes similar stuff to you?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
26-09-2013, 04:38 AM
(24-09-2013 10:03 AM)andrewboston Wrote:  "What?"

What if the atheists here mostly, in most other aspects, share conventional herd thinking (=non-thinking)? If so, then those who didn't share them would likely be unpopular = negative reputation.

I'm thinking in terms of a fellow with a bad "reputation" who, among other things, has been posting about the "criminal" activities of the US Government in Iraq etc etc etc etc.

Yeah, I'll have to ask what everyone else here thinks first. My opinion isn't my own.

(24-09-2013 10:03 AM)andrewboston Wrote:  What if a higher level of of enlightenment would come with the realization that the USA Government is the most effective criminal organization in the known universe?

What about a higher level of enlightenment that comes from the realization that hiv and aids is some bullshit doctors and scientists made up? The evidence doesn't support it but hey, if you want to believe that shit, fine. Knock yourself out!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
26-09-2013, 05:07 AM
1) I & I is kind of a douchebag.
2) Rep is stupid; arguing about rep even stupider.
3) Who are you?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-09-2013, 05:15 AM
(26-09-2013 01:30 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  ... walk around thinking "I'm an atheist, so I'm more enlightened than those theists."

What kind of person would think like that?

[Image: image.png]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
26-09-2013, 12:23 PM
(26-09-2013 05:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  2) Rep is stupid; arguing about rep even stupider.

You're just saying that because you've got one of the higher ones.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
26-09-2013, 12:57 PM
(26-09-2013 05:15 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 01:30 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  ... walk around thinking "I'm an atheist, so I'm more enlightened than those theists."

What kind of person would think like that?

[Image: image.png]

A self-important ginger. I knew I didn't like you. Now I know why.

26-09-2013, 01:24 PM
(26-09-2013 12:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 05:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  2) Rep is stupid; arguing about rep even stupider.

You're just saying that because you've got one of the higher ones.

Drinking Beverage

Nuh-uh! I'm saying it because it is stoopid. Every time someone makes a rep thread, I show up and call it dumb. It's a thing. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post