Requesting help with a video project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2011, 04:04 AM
RE: Requesting help with a video project
Given the groups you are interviewing and these questions :
Quote:9. Do you think the _s believe in the same deity as you?
10. Do you think the _s believe in the same deity as you?
You are testing their knowledge of the story of Isaac and Ishmail , no ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Actually, the point is to try to get them to say yes to the first 8 questions which are all basic and foundational to all of the monotheistic faiths, and then challenge them not to say yes to the last two questions. For example, will Christians admit that they believe in the same god as the Muslims? Do Jews actually think Christians believe in the same God they do, since Christians probably think they do? It's all a build up to the last two questions.

By giving "god" three different names, yet finding that anyone who thinks "god" created the universe and everything in it, that he performs miracles, that he spoke to the prophets, etc, and getting them to acknowledge that they believe anyone who believes those things believes in their god, the answer to the last two questions should obviously be yes. I'm betting it won't be.
17-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Would you get their permition to put it on youtube ? Or are you just posting the results ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
17-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I'll have a boiler-plate release form with me. I intend to be completely up front. I'm not going to edit anybody to make them seem like they said something they didn't. I actually intend to have the questions on a questionnaire they can read before they agree to be video-taped. There'll be three versions, one for each faith, with all 10 questions.

Now, to be honest, I may not include everyone I interview, but I do intend to give a fair sampling. My goal is to have three representatives of each group.
17-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Normally you only include so many people in anything done on video. It would be in the release form that you're agreeing to possibly be on air and this tape may never be used.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-02-2011, 11:07 AM
(16-02-2011 01:32 PM)gamutman Wrote:  When I ask Jews, the name for God I give will be Yaweh.
There might be a problem with this. Jews believe that Yahweh is the name of God but they never use it in speaking with him. One of the ten commandments is a prohibition of taking God's name in vain and to make sure they don't violate this commandment Jews don't say the name at all. When they read their scriptures aloud in Hebrew and come to the word Yahweh they substitute the word Adonai, which means lord. In fact, some won't even write the word God, but will write G-d instead.

I don't know whether they would object to a non Jew using the word Yahweh but there is a possibility that it would make them less willing to cooperate with you.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2011, 01:17 PM
(23-02-2011 11:07 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(16-02-2011 01:32 PM)gamutman Wrote:  When I ask Jews, the name for God I give will be Yaweh.
There might be a problem with this. Jews believe that Yahweh is the name of God but they never use it in speaking with him. One of the ten commandments is a prohibition of taking God's name in vain and to make sure they don't violate this commandment Jews don't say the name at all. When they read their scriptures aloud in Hebrew and come to the word Yahweh they substitute the word Adonai, which means lord. In fact, some won't even write the word God, but will write G-d instead.

I don't know whether they would object to a non Jew using the word Yahweh but there is a possibility that it would make them less willing to cooperate with you.

Maybe I should just use the term creator across the board.
23-02-2011, 01:46 PM
just say jewish god, muslim god, and christian god if needed.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2011, 08:34 PM

What if you asked them there belief, and who they believe in? Then use that name, or maybe we can people to scout out the faiths and find what they call them, or possibly ask a friend that has that religion? I got a Christian friend who simply calls him "God" O_o Then again she isn't a Super Christian...
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2011, 01:15 PM
(24-02-2011 08:34 PM)Elegwa Wrote:  What if you asked them there belief, and who they believe in? Then use that name, ...

Now that's a good idea