• 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Requim Of Innocence

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mini Gun Fodder's post
25-10-2012, 11:59 PM
RE: Requim Of Innocence
I can remember when I was a kid, I joined the CBS record club. I was just a kid and they had all of this music I would have never listened to if I wasn't so lazy to return the mail. A lot of good music. Like this.

[+] 3 users Like Mini Gun Fodder's post
26-10-2012, 12:17 AM
(25-10-2012 11:59 PM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  I can remember when I was a kid, I joined the CBS record club. I was just a kid and they had all of this music I would have never listened to if I wasn't so lazy to return the mail. A lot of good music. Like this.

Yes that is a good one. My uncle was really in to those guys.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-10-2012, 01:01 AM
(25-10-2012 11:59 PM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  I can remember when I was a kid, I joined the CBS record club. I was just a kid and they had all of this music I would have never listened to if I wasn't so lazy to return the mail. A lot of good music. Like this.

I think I just fell in love a little bit... You've no idea how much I love The Alan Parson's Project (and this is one of my most favourite songs of theirs... I meant, Eye in the Sky, that is).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
26-10-2012, 01:08 AM
(26-10-2012 01:01 AM)Vera Wrote:  

I think I just fell in love a little bit... You've no idea how much I love The Alan Parson's Project (and this is one of my most favourite songs of theirs... I meant, Eye in the Sky, that is).

Isn't it awesome how it washes over you in a perfect stream of consciousness without intruding upon you? I first heard it when I was just a young kid and it somehow seared itself upon the darkness and the light of my forming awareness.

It's good stuff.
26-10-2012, 01:14 AM
(26-10-2012 01:08 AM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  
(26-10-2012 01:01 AM)Vera Wrote:  I think I just fell in love a little bit... You've no idea how much I love The Alan Parson's Project (and this is one of my most favourite songs of theirs... I meant, Eye in the Sky, that is).

Isn't it awesome how it washes over you in a perfect stream of consciousness without intruding upon you? I first heard it when I was just a young kid and it somehow seared itself upon the darkness and the light of my forming awareness.

It's good stuff.

Absolutely, it's like falling in love at a more mature age; it's not like you have to be together all the time and you can't think of/listen to anything else, yet, you feel this need to go back to them as often as possible and they have this calming, soothing effect on you (or at least they do on me...)

This might be depressing for some, but I've always found it very peaceful and comforting:

26-10-2012, 02:29 AM
(26-10-2012 01:14 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-10-2012 01:08 AM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  Isn't it awesome how it washes over you in a perfect stream of consciousness without intruding upon you? I first heard it when I was just a young kid and it somehow seared itself upon the darkness and the light of my forming awareness.

It's good stuff.

Absolutely, it's like falling in love at a more mature age; it's not like you have to be together all the time and you can't think of/listen to anything else, yet, you feel this need to go back to them as often as possible and they have this calming, soothing effect on you (or at least they do on me...)

This might be depressing for some, but I've always found it very peaceful and comforting:

Oh, not depressing at all, Vera. Its beautiful.

Some music from the past that was sort of caught up by me through an older friend, something about that music that transcends the stream of time and place.

A cut from a forgotten album that reminds me of home.

26-10-2012, 04:43 AM
(26-10-2012 02:29 AM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  Oh, not depressing at all, Vera. Its beautiful.

Some music from the past that was sort of caught up by me through an older friend, something about that music that transcends the stream of time and place.

I think it's beautiful, too.. almost makes you want to get old, so that heavy words would blow right through you... As I said, those guys knew what they were doing; theirs is some of the subtlest and deepest music I know...

Don't know why I thought of this song

And I know what you mean about music, I can't imagine a life with no music... and yeah, good music does transcend time and place and the stupid ways we always find to divide ourselves...