Require Help in this debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: Require Help in this debate
(09-02-2015 08:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Basically, every myth in Genesis was plagiarized from the Sumerian myths.

Well, you see, Satan inspired those stories in order to try to confuse god's plan...or something equally ridiculous to deny the obvious fact that people created variations of other tales that they had heard. Even within the bible it's obvious that one story was told and re-told with slightly different characters and locations.

West Side Story is true, Romeo and Juliet was just a deception.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-02-2015, 10:42 AM
(09-02-2015 08:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 08:30 AM)Geknebelt Wrote:  Wow, thanks for your quick reply to this! Yeah, it's bizarre they keep citing cities as proof even after I likened it to saying Spiderman must exist due to the reality of New York City. Yet he keeps persisting. I also notice he acts as if there was some inexplicable period where nobody knew where Jericho was, despite there being historical writings talking about Jericho consistently during the time people lived there. I suppose I'll respond to him soon, and I think I may do a full reply and simply leave it at 'well, I'm done justifying myself to you' or something. Thanks again! Smile

I've been reading up on Enki, the Sumerian god lately, it would be interesting to derail them with a discussion of this myth.
Even with the brief reading I have done, it is jaw-dropping the similarities this god has with the one in Genesis. Here are some of Enki's notable deeds:

1. He created man from clay.
2. He confused the languages of men.
3. He warned Ziusudra and in a later retelling, Atra-Hasis of a world-wide flood and to build a boat for him and his family to survive it.

Basically, every myth in Genesis was plagiarized from the Sumerian myths.
The Egyptian's creation myth paralles Genesis quite closely, except the Egyptians named physical objects dieties like Geb, Nun, etc. The Jews borrowed Mesopoatamian Tree of Life from them. You'd think Genesis would be defunct by now.
09-02-2015, 03:26 PM
These are cool and have really fun animations!
09-02-2015, 03:58 PM
(09-02-2015 03:26 PM)Helio Wrote:  These are cool and have really fun animations!

Welcome to TTA! I think you’re going to fit right in Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-02-2015, 10:50 AM
(09-02-2015 03:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 03:26 PM)Helio Wrote:  These are cool and have really fun animations!

Welcome to TTA! I think you’re going to fit right in Thumbsup

/blush

Thank you Big Grin