Required Oline Connections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Required Oline Connections
Well I recently heard that a new sim city is coming out and was so happy that I did what I always do about games I want. I started trying to find out everything I could about it. Then I saw an article telling me that it required an online connection. Fuck.

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2012, 03:40 AM
RE: Required Oline Connections
There will never be another Sim City 4. Period.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-06-2012, 03:53 AM
Yes. It's gotten ridiculous. New games are more and more requiring connections and clients like origins and steam. It's annoying. I don't generally pirate games, but I'm starting to consider it just so I don't have to put up with this sort of thing.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
05-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Tis only gonna get worse Sadcryface2

Cloud computing is the future....... soon your desktop/applications/programmes wont even be on your computer. Will all be "cloud" based.
Weeping

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
05-06-2012, 07:03 AM
And when that happens, some of us will stop using most of the new things and go back to past. While I find Clouding to be a great thing, I still want to have an original DVD with a nice big box and all those nice little books that you get inside when you BUY a game. I refuse to be limited to my Internet connection, because I do not have it all the time. My ISP can be down, they could be working on something, the bad weather can disrupt the Internet, I can be somewhere without Internet, like a car, or a summer house... So I buy a game and can't play it because I do not want to install Internet in my summer house? And the game is not multi-player. Now that's just ridiculous.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
06-06-2012, 06:24 AM
(05-06-2012 03:53 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Yes. It's gotten ridiculous. New games are more and more requiring connections and clients like origins and steam. It's annoying. I don't generally pirate games, but I'm starting to consider it just so I don't have to put up with this sort of thing.
The idea is to STOP pirating.
If you have to log in to an account that means you need a serial key which means you can't just use a NOCD hack.

It's basically forcing you to BUY the game. And if you complain about having to buy the game then you're a bit of wanker to be honest. Developers put a shit load of hard work into making games as well as there being a significance investment and significant time is required before any returns are even seen.

If having to have an open connection to play games means that games continue to be made then I'll happily have an open internet connection.

Not to mention who doesn't have internet on 24/7 nowadays anyway?
The only problem I can see happening is if you go on holiday, but well... you're on holiday...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
06-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Greater access to Internet leads to greater use of cloud. Greater reliance on cloud leads to greater reliance on and availability of Internet. If you're travelling you'll use the hotel's internet, or your host's internet, or just as likely your phone's internet. It's the future.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
06-06-2012, 07:01 AM
(06-06-2012 06:29 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Greater access to Internet leads to greater use of cloud. Greater reliance on cloud leads to greater reliance on and availability of Internet. If you're travelling you'll use the hotel's internet, or your host's internet, or just as likely your phone's internet. It's the future.
What he said.

06-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, but I lived for 2 years without Internet at home, I didn't want it. So, what, it's normal for you to not be able to do anything if you are not online? Stupid. If I buy a game, I want it to be playable with or without Internet, I don't want to be limited to something they imagined. I have GTA4 original, and I couldn't install it without Internet, so I was forced to crack the original game just to play it. I have a key, a box, a book, dvd, the whole pack, bu no Internet, no games.

It appears that most of you people live in the cities, so you have no idea how great it is to go in the middle of nowhere, without Internet, but with your computer. These new things limit my possibilities, I thought that we are moving forward, not setting new limitations to ourselves... As much as clouding is great tech, it is still limiting me in a way. And I want more options, not less, if we are to call it "a progress".

I guess it all depends on the way you view things around you. Bunch of conformists...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I dislike anything requiring an internet connection to function properly, other than you know... the internet.

I hate this new trend. I am really anti cloud storage. I am anti online gaming as the only option.

My wife went out and got me the new ghost recon because she's fucking awesome and because it said co-op on it.

The only part of the game that can be played locally with two people is this awful "horde" mode. Nothing else.

I don't mind playing online but I don't want to all the time. I'd like to play games with my wife. I've seen racing games, shooters, all sorts, with online multiplayer only. I think that's fucking stupid.

The other stupid ass thing is, Xbox live gold. I have it, but for my wife to play online with me she has to have it too.... in the same house... on the same console.... using the same game and internet connection.... so we have to pay twice.... bullshit. If it's going to be a pay service (though no one else charges for the same thing...) then it should be one charge per household. We already pay for internet, the game, the system, and the right to play our games. How much more is this hobby going to cost me?

My fucking guitar is cheaper with an amp and some pedals by the time I'm done just getting one game going. And my guitar is pretty nice.

Oh and let's not forget DLC. Content that should be included in the original price of the game.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post