Research for my book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: Research for my book
Hey thanks Mr Woof.
Yes, I am thinking about self publishing. A friend who did this, too, offered me some help. Basically he did it via Amazon and he also printed a few copies. I am taking all the help and input I can get. And I try to learn for them mistakes other's made.
And just like you, I am in no hurry, with the publishing Smile
Btw, a few years ago, when I started researching, I got the tip A LOT that a publisher who wants money from you (for whatever reason) is not good for your career as a writer. If you are serious you try to get in touch with a big, well-known publisher. Of course that will take longer, because more people chose those, along being processed with your book can take two to three years. Then it will be proof read and you go over it and it will be checked again, then they approve, and then they start selling it. Only the big publishers can afford that.
And for the intellectual property I think that what I will do is, every draft I write, I will print it out and then send it to myself via mail. The envelope will remain unopened until someone tries to steal my book and I need this to prove that this is mine, and has been from the beginning.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Research for my book - Leela - 01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
RE: Research for my book - ghostexorcist - 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: Research for my book - Mark Fulton - 02-12-2012, 02:09 AM
RE: Research for my book - Leela - 02-12-2012, 05:19 AM
RE: Research for my book - Mr Woof - 03-12-2012, 12:18 AM
RE: Research for my book - Leela - 03-12-2012 10:20 AM