Resident Evil 6 (demo)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Resident Evil 6 (demo)
Well, I'll be the first to admit that I am not the biggest Resident Evil fan. I absolutely despise the first game (though the gamecube version was pretty bad ass) I think the second one is decent though still suffering terribly from bad gameplay mechanics.

I hated the third one (nemesis) and never played code veronica. There are a couple others I've never played because let's face it, there are many.

But do to a massive void in the local co-op market on xbox, me and the missus picked up Res 5 nice and cheap.

We loved it. It was really arcadey and had some really odd control choices but it was tons of fun. So much so that we destroyed that game. I then went back and gave 4 a try and really enjoyed that one too, though not as much due to solo play.

I was excited when I saw that 6 was supposed to still retain cop-op.

From the demo it seems as though they've nixed local co-op. Also it seems as if they randomly decided to eliminate any fun gameplay entirely. It is not fun.

They give you three chapters and six characters to play as. I've only done two out of three and two characters out of 6. I'm done. I won't buy the game. It sucks.

The Leon chapter was the better of the two I played, but it wasn't fun and I couldn't figure out why I even had a gun as kicking the zombies was not only more effective at killing but looked cooler. My A.I. partner was retarded and of no value. There is an ability to see where you are supposed to go next but the level was so incredibly linear there is no use for this ability.

The Chris chapter was like a really super fucking shitty COD clone, with some terrible gunplay and god awful level design. Also the enemy characters look stupid and all exactly the same. Yet again it's easier to melee everyone to death minus the dumb mid level boss. Who never hit me. Once.
The cover mechanics in this chapter are not only poorly implemented but totally pointless as I was always getting hit while behind cover so I just ran up and wacked people with my gun till they died.

So, not going to bother with the third chapter with the all new characters. Not going to buy the game. Poo on you Capcom. Thanks for the demo though, renting is all but impossible here and you may have just saved me from mistakenly buying your game.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
30-09-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: Resident Evil 6 (demo)
I completely agree. The demo was a disappointment. Although I never had high expectations for this game to begin with.
RE5 was ok. After doing a play through with both characters there was no real replayability. Even the dlc was overpriced shit.

But this game feels more like a mediocre shooter. The only improvement is that you can move and shoot.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Resident Evil is all about Milla in skin-tight clothing kicking ass. Thumbsup

Although I had two on the n64 and beat the snot out of it. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-09-2012, 01:15 PM
From what I heard from magazines and such who have had a hands on play of the game, they said that the demo really doesn't do the game justice. Apparently, they kind of mess it up with the demo, but the actual game is meant to be much better.

[Image: opforum1.png]
30-09-2012, 02:52 PM
That doesn't really make much sense. If the demo makes the game seem shitty I highlydoubt that capcom. Would let it out.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
30-09-2012, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't know if it is true myself, but that is what the few reviewers I have looked at have saying.

Capcom haven't exactly been known for their wise choices over the past couple of years. Tongue

01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
The reviews i've seen are very mixed. Game spot gave it a 4.5 which for a series as big as Resident evil is frankly embarrassing.

01-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, they all seem very mixed... oxm gave it 8.

IGN gave it 7.9... I think it was IGN anyway...Tongue

01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I've seen a few 9/10's, but from reading what they've said its clear they haven't bothered to play it.

01-10-2012, 01:47 PM
I'll only be playing it for Leon's parts anyway...