Resident Evil 7 (Biohazard) Verdict?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 01:34 AM
Resident Evil 7 (Biohazard) Verdict?
I put a few hours into it on my brother-in-laws PS4. Seemed okay, better than 5 or 6, but I was warned that it's a short game. Then I borrowed it but haven't put any time into it since then. Then....RE4 was on sale so I picked it up and may replay it because it was such a fantastic game. Anyone else completed it yet?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: Resident Evil 7 (Biohazard) Verdict?
Is this the one with the creepy house?
Because I peaced out of that shit pretty fast and let my flatmate play. I should have known something was up when I was walking back to my room and he was like "hey Muffs, come have a go at this". You know something's up when he pulls out the VR headset (which the bastard got for free with all the games for free because of his job) and doesn't tell you what you're about to play.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-06-2017, 09:19 PM
(03-06-2017 07:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is this the one with the creepy house?
Because I peaced out of that shit pretty fast and let my flatmate play. I should have known something was up when I was walking back to my room and he was like "hey Muffs, come have a go at this". You know something's up when he pulls out the VR headset (which the bastard got for free with all the games for free because of his job) and doesn't tell you what you're about to play.

Yes. Yes it is you silly Kiwi Big Grin

I played enough to out of the house, but I ain't got that VR money (or a job that gives you shit like that).

04-06-2017, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't bother buying VR right now. He/we hardly use it. The games aren't very good for it at the moment and it takes a lot of effort to set up and put away. Lots of cables.
It's definitely a "get in 5 years when they've flushed out the bugs" sort of technology. Still, it is very good for horror games like this. Truly immersive and ups the scare factor 20 fold that's for sure. Horror and racing games, VR is the perfect technology for it. Not so much for faster paced jumping around games because that shit makes you throw up and feel sick as fuck.

04-06-2017, 02:02 PM
I liked it. I've been an RE fan since the original.

I didn't care too much for the first person stuff but it worked with the house. I loved it compared to RE5 and RE6. It definitely felt more RE than those 2 and honestly more than RE4.

I don't think it's short at all. I'm not sure what you consider short, but for me 10 hours isn't that short.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
04-06-2017, 02:54 PM
(04-06-2017 02:02 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I liked it. I've been an RE fan since the original.

I didn't care too much for the first person stuff but it worked with the house. I loved it compared to RE5 and RE6. It definitely felt more RE than those 2 and honestly more than RE4.

I don't think it's short at all. I'm not sure what you consider short, but for me 10 hours isn't that short.

If I don't get at least 40-50 hours of enjoyment from a game, I feel cheated. My favorite games have given me at least 100 hours. Some I have sank 300 or more hours into.

04-06-2017, 06:33 PM
(04-06-2017 02:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 02:02 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I liked it. I've been an RE fan since the original.

If I don't get at least 40-50 hours of enjoyment from a game, I feel cheated. My favorite games have given me at least 100 hours. Some I have sank 300 or more hours into.

[Image: matthew-mcconaughey-wolf-of-wall-street-...umbers.jpg]

04-06-2017, 06:39 PM
(04-06-2017 06:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 02:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If I don't get at least 40-50 hours of enjoyment from a game, I feel cheated. My favorite games have given me at least 100 hours. Some I have sank 300 or more hours into.

[Image: matthew-mcconaughey-wolf-of-wall-street-...umbers.jpg]

Well, to be honest, there is one game in particular that I very well may have put well in excess of 1,000 hours in, but that just sounds plain depressing to type, doesn't it? Anyhow, I've wasted far too much of my life on Rome: Total War. It totality of the years, I've probably put 500-600 on FFVII, but that is over the course of nearly two decades.

07-06-2017, 04:33 AM
game is better than movie