Resigning?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 06:39 AM
RE: Resigning?
Alright, so I was thinking about the forum earlier while I was in the shower (don't flatter yourselves) and got to wondering; how were admins chosen? I don't know much about the history of the site and the forum - only what I've heard Seth hint at on the podcast - but from what I gather; it's only a few years old. And yet, the community is so tight and everyone's place seems long-established. So way back, in the begining, when the world was young and the genesis of forum life was just bubbling in the primordial sludge, who operated this whole thing? And how did our current admins/mods come to be?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 06:40 AM
(29-12-2012 06:11 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  Jeeeeezuschristalllmightyyy, Vosur....

You tryin' to put Johnny back in the hospital? Have a heart...
When HoC is in the hospital, I'll have his. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 06:45 AM
(29-12-2012 06:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Alright, so I was thinking about the forum earlier while I was in the shower (don't flatter yourselves) and got to wondering; how were admins chosen? I don't know much about the history of the site and the forum - only what I've heard Seth hint at on the podcast - but from what I gather; it's only a few years old. And yet, the community is so tight and everyone's place seems long-established. So way back, in the begining, when the world was young and the genesis of forum life was just bubbling in the primordial sludge, who operated this whole thing? And how did our current admins/mods come to be?
A few drunken folks spun the bottle on a dark and stormy night ... Shy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
29-12-2012, 06:45 AM
(29-12-2012 06:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 06:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Alright, so I was thinking about the forum earlier while I was in the shower (don't flatter yourselves) and got to wondering; how were admins chosen? I don't know much about the history of the site and the forum - only what I've heard Seth hint at on the podcast - but from what I gather; it's only a few years old. And yet, the community is so tight and everyone's place seems long-established. So way back, in the begining, when the world was young and the genesis of forum life was just bubbling in the primordial sludge, who operated this whole thing? And how did our current admins/mods come to be?
A few drunken folks spun the bottle on a dark and stormy night ... Shy
lol

29-12-2012, 07:26 AM
My understanding of primeval events is that when Seth started his website three years ago, the forum part was just sort of an add-on that he didn't really put much effort into. It was so over-run with bots and spam that it was virtually unusable. Stark Raving took it upon himself to contact Seth and ask for permission to have moderator powers to clean up the place. They became friends and Seth put his full trust into Stark to run the place as he saw fit.

As Stark put it, Seth handed him the keys to the forum, and although Seth suggest Stark run the forum "more like a dictatorship than a democracy," Stark still enlisted the help of folks like Unbeliever, Buddy Christ and Observer who all became early allies in the effort and probably some others that I'm leaving out or don't know. Along the way DeepThought became the Tech Guru and Stark began adding Moderators to help out, all chosen by him.

About this time last year, Stark wanted to take a break from Admin duties, so he put Lucradis in charge. Luc did a great job for about 8 or 9 months or so before things IRL made him need to step down from responsibilities so Stark came back as Admin, hoping to enlist someone else to replace him. Sometime this past Fall, he asked me to be the Admin and I replied that I would only accept if he remained as a co-Admin. He said he would for a while, and I guess that while finally came to a close. So for good or bad, I'm your huckleberry along with the mods and vets who make up the Forum Management Team.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-12-2012, 07:29 AM
So...Stark is Jesus? Shocking

29-12-2012, 07:30 AM
(29-12-2012 07:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  vets who make up the Forum Management Team.
I knew it. You guys are all trained monkeys aren't you ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-12-2012, 07:30 AM
(29-12-2012 07:29 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  So...Stark is Jesus? Shocking
More like Joseph Smith.

Which I guess makes me Brigham Young. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-12-2012, 07:31 AM
(29-12-2012 07:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 07:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  vets who make up the Forum Management Team.
I knew it. You guys are all trained monkeys aren't you ?
Aren't you a Vet, dog? Laughat

29-12-2012, 07:32 AM
No, that can't be right, Misanthro.

Stark actually exists.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post