Resolving conflicting loyalties

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: Resolving conflicting loyalties
(15-02-2013 10:10 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  I didn't read all the way through those posts on page three, ...
Please let me know when you did -- then we can proceed. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't find this a problem very often.

My loyalty is to my family, as my closest friends are pretty much family they fit into this group.

Any other group, (such as work), that thinks it should be the priority in my life can play hide and go fuck yourself

Family comes first at the end of the day. Smile

The Out Crowd.
16-02-2013, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 12:30 PM by Zat.)
So, how would you act in the hypothetical scenario I described earlier: your boss wants you to do something highly unethical (like dumping toxic waste in the river) and he tells you that you are fired if you refuse. Your chances of finding another job are slim and losing your income would harm your family (like having to cancel a vacation)?

It does not have to be this exact situation, but you know what I mean. Conflict between your family's interest and society's interest.

Your family would not be harmed beyond repair but the river and the wildlife in and around it, including some of the local residents whose wells could be contaminated would be.

You also know that going to the authorities would backfire on you.

This is the kind of conflicts I was talking about -- the kind that many many people have to face every single day on the planet.

(Have you seen the movie: "Erin Brakovich" with Julia Roberts? -- if not, I highly recommend it!)