Respect for Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 12:37 AM
RE: Respect for Religion
(05-01-2012 12:12 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Byrd...

I'm pretty sick of this song and dance. You utterly dismiss me. I call you a penis. You retort with, "hey, big guy, guess you can't take a joke." Well you know what? I love jokes. But that's just you dismissing me and it ain't cool. You might not like what I have to say but at least I'm investing myself. I put time, effort and thought into everything I write and while I get into arguments and even lose my temper when people make things personal, I never, EVER, take a shot at someone for the sake of taking a shot at someone. That's what you did here and while you were at it, you contributed sum zero to this conversation. I wasn't rambling, I wasn't incoherent and I wasn't random. So whatever. Be a troll if it means so much to you.
Maybe I just don't understand what South Africa and Big Brothers eating lunch with their younger brothers has to do with religions getting special treatment. Call me crazy, but that doesnt make any sense to me....unless you are advocating that they aren't getting special treatment. But that would be insane.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Hey Egor. Wow you're a total piece of crap. Seriously.
Your morals apparently are responsible for that and since that's the case I'm ok with you saying I have no moral foundation.

Ghost,

I agree with you. That's like three or four times now and it's freaking me out.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
05-01-2012, 01:51 AM
(05-01-2012 12:06 AM)Egor Wrote:  You, as an atheist, think you should be treated like everyone else, but “everyone else” doesn’t feel that way. If you read the entry on my blog (it doesn’t matter), you will see that in polls that have been conducted, atheists and rapists have about the same level of trust from people in society.

You’re an atheist. Do you think I would ever give you a job if I knew that about you? Do you think I would ever let you near anyone I loved, or if you wanted to marry my daughter, that I would ever let you be part of my family? You have no moral foundation. You might do anything at any time. Pastors and ministers have the opposite reputation. They respect the authority of God and the ethics He has communicated to us through the Bible. This is a fact of life that will never change. People will not evolve out of it, and no one will ever trust someone they know to be an atheist.

If you choose to be an atheist in society, you will be thought of right alongside criminals. They don’t seem to have any moral foundation either. And here’s another fact of life you might as well get used to: civilization always wins. At its core, atheism is anti-civilization; it is antisocial. So, you will always be on the losing end.

Wow. I'm reading this, not as a filthy godless immoral atheist, but as a fellow human being. And let me tell you, you are a miserable jackass. You are a discriminative, prejudiced, brainwashed, narrow-minded, ignorant asshole. You would rather let child molesters into your house because they hide behind the pretense of being a "man of God" than to befriend some of the most kind, MORAL, and loving people on the planet, simply because they've chosen to maintain a position of doubt in reference to an issue that has no proof and supposedly "exists outside of existence."

You presume to know everything about us atheists because of what you were told by your fellow theists, discriminating against others up on their high pedestals while preaching acceptance of others. Hypocritical, pretentious hatemongers spewing vitriol and judgment while accepting none for themselves. You and your kind are the epitome of arrogance and you are losing this battle. In an age of technology and information sharing, there is no room for your god of the gaps, because the gaps are disappearing, and so too is your god.

There is no room for your god in the modern age. So take your hatred and your hypocrisy and please leave this forum to us humanists, who value our fellow brothers higher than some book and its jealous deity.

Thank you.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 7 users Like Buddy Christ's post
05-01-2012, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 02:21 AM by ddrew.)
(05-01-2012 12:06 AM)Egor Wrote:  You, as an atheist, think you should be treated like everyone else, but “everyone else” doesn’t feel that way. If you read the entry on my blog (it doesn’t matter), you will see that in polls that have been conducted, atheists and rapists have about the same level of trust from people in society.

You’re an atheist. Do you think I would ever give you a job if I knew that about you? Do you think I would ever let you near anyone I loved, or if you wanted to marry my daughter, that I would ever let you be part of my family? You have no moral foundation. You might do anything at any time. Pastors and ministers have the opposite reputation. They respect the authority of God and the ethics He has communicated to us through the Bible. This is a fact of life that will never change. People will not evolve out of it, and no one will ever trust someone they know to be an atheist.

If you choose to be an atheist in society, you will be thought of right alongside criminals. They don’t seem to have any moral foundation either. And here’s another fact of life you might as well get used to: civilization always wins. At its core, atheism is anti-civilization; it is antisocial. So, you will always be on the losing end.

Okay... wait a minute..... You Motherfucker!!..... if I get warnings for this or not.. I don't care...

Egor... FUCK YOU!

All I can say is that.. me as an Atheist.... while I've have an anger for the church.. the religion... I do not hate or segregate christians as a people. I will still give a muslim, christian, buddist or whatever... a job knowing what they believe in.. I will still allow my son to marry whomever he choses reguardless of their belief or race. It's his life and his right to do and choose what he wants.. not mine.

Now I know the God that you believe in has taught you to hate anything that doesn't believe in what you believe in .. but it's people like your insaine and delusional ass that shows up on island camp grounds and starts shooting everything that moves..

You sir... need to just drop yer ass off infront of a train. You are immoral, cult ritualist, and an infection to the progress of humanity. ... Seriously .. I would do really really bad things to you should you stand face to face with me.

I apologize to my friends and the community here.. but the fucker has crossed a line with his hateful slandering of our rights and beliefs... Fuck him!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
05-01-2012, 06:11 AM
I am a citizen of the US, ideally (at least historically) a free democratic republic. As such, I hold that everyone absolutely has the right to believe whatever foolish nonsense they wish to. I can respect my neighbor's right of belief without respecting the belief itself. At times I have been known to confront those beliefs forcefully, I try however to make sure that the difference between confronting the belief vs. confronting the believer is obvious--if not to the believer, at least to the observer.

I do not hope for a world where religion is outlawed--even if I thought such a thing was possible. The right to personal belief is essential in a free society. I simply hope for a time when publicly confessing such a nonsensical world view would be vaguely embarrassing the same way it is vaguely embarrassing for an adult to admit a belief in Santa Claus.

My atheism is based on humanism. I believe that real people--their needs, desires, successes and failures are always more important than dogma of any stripe, my own included.
[+] 1 user Likes BadKnees's post
05-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Because some people think freedom of religion means "religious people can do whatever the fuck they want."
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
05-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Why are you responding to that egor fruit cake? He's unfit to be called a human. Evolution skips certain generations apparently.

Since I have no idea if the OP was talking about a public school or religious school; I'll have to assume it is a public school (not that it matters). I see no reason for a deluded person to have special permissions. I respect no religion because it deserves zero respect. If I am correct in my assumption, then I would say something or have the issue resolved.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
05-01-2012, 07:12 AM
The school I go to is public and is "supposed" to not have any bias towards any religions, but I bet their panties would be in a knot if a muslim leader wanted to eat with his mentoree.

On topic, It really isn't important what the rule actually is, but I thought it brought up an interesting point nontheless. I don't have any quarrels with the rules I just wanted to know what people thought about special respect given to religion.

@Egor Normally, I would ignore your kind of bigoted writing, but I would hope that someday you could get off your high horse of knowledge and come down to earth. You say "No one will ever trust someone they know to be an atheist", yet, how can you be so absolute in your resolve when you do not speak for everyone? I'm all for the other side of the argument, but I would prefer constructive answers instead of "You are an atheist. You are wrong and I am right bee boop bop zz zz." because it adds absolutely nothing to the argument and makes you look like an idiot.
[+] 3 users Like Kaos MD's post
05-01-2012, 07:43 AM
(05-01-2012 07:12 AM)Kaos MD Wrote:  The school I go to is public and is "supposed" to not have any bias towards any religions, but I bet their panties would be in a knot if a muslim leader wanted to eat with his mentoree.

On topic, It really isn't important what the rule actually is, but I thought it brought up an interesting point nontheless. I don't have any quarrels with the rules I just wanted to know what people thought about special respect given to religion.

@Egor Normally, I would ignore your kind of bigoted writing, but I would hope that someday you could get off your high horse of knowledge and come down to earth. You say "No one will ever trust someone they know to be an atheist", yet, how can you be so absolute in your resolve when you do not speak for everyone? I'm all for the other side of the argument, but I would prefer constructive answers instead of "You are an atheist. You are wrong and I am right bee boop bop zz zz." because it adds absolutely nothing to the argument and makes you look like an idiot.

In a better world religious leaders would have just the same privileges and rights as anyone else. In my life I treat them as if they run a business. Just as I wouldn't want a cigarette salesmen having privilege to go into a public school and mentor someone so too do I not want any religious leader to do the same. There are Christian private schools and they can do whatever they want there but if it is a public school then it is paid for by the taxpayer and the same rules should apply to a religious mentor. If it were a school in my neighbourhood I would actively question such a privilege.
[+] 4 users Like scientician's post
05-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Damn... I was on a good one last night... Big Grin

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire