Respect for our Veterans?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-03-2012, 03:13 PM
RE: Respect for our Veterans?
I was in the Army for 10 years, 1993-2003, I assisted in shipping my unit over there to the retarded war. At the time the towers were hit I was on leave and was called back in. We all knew it was a bunch of bullshit and knew we were going to an unnecessary war. Nobody wanted to go, except for the fact they were getting more money for doing it.

As far as respecting the sacrifices these men and women have endured, yes very much so agree with this. I completely do not respect the stupid ass war over there. It's dumb and a huge waste of money. Our troops are getting killed and mentally damaged over a war they could care less about.

The troops are only pawns and they have no choice in the matter unless they want their careers and lives screwed up for protesting. If you want to know the real dirt bags then call on congress and the businesses that are pressing this war onward.

I am not offended by this post at all, I understand the ill feelings completely. I was not pissed at the other countries for the towers. I was pissed that our government let it happen. Oh yeah we knew in advance. At least enough to handle the situation better than we did. Nothing this war has done to better anyones situation yet. As a matter of fact, it's made everything worse since the start.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
31-03-2012, 04:11 PM
(31-03-2012 03:13 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I was in the Army for 10 years, 1993-2003, I assisted in shipping my unit over there to the retarded war. At the time the towers were hit I was on leave and was called back in. We all knew it was a bunch of bullshit and knew we were going to an unnecessary war. Nobody wanted to go, except for the fact they were getting more money for doing it.

As far as respecting the sacrifices these men and women have endured, yes very much so agree with this. I completely do not respect the stupid ass war over there. It's dumb and a huge waste of money. Our troops are getting killed and mentally damaged over a war they could care less about.

The troops are only pawns and they have no choice in the matter unless they want their careers and lives screwed up for protesting. If you want to know the real dirt bags then call on congress and the businesses that are pressing this war onward.

I am not offended by this post at all, I understand the ill feelings completely. I was not pissed at the other countries for the towers. I was pissed that our government let it happen. Oh yeah we knew in advance. At least enough to handle the situation better than we did. Nothing this war has done to better anyones situation yet. As a matter of fact, it's made everything worse since the start.
This is true. Clinton warned the Bush administration about the Osama Bin Laden and their terrorist activities. The Bush Administration did nothing about it for 8 months.

Clinton for dictator imo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
31-03-2012, 04:16 PM
(31-03-2012 01:54 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:18 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  That's right Clyde. The OP insinuated that Grandpa and other soldiers that served in WWII are more deserving of respect than those that currently serve. It’s bullshit. WWII forces included clerks, cooks and mechanics just like modern forces. They participated in the popular leisure activities of the time whenever they had the opportunity. They attempted to leverage their uniforms and status as warriors into getting laid. They committed the same types of atrocities that soldiers on all sides of conflicts throughout history have participated in. As a group the soldiers of WWII aren’t any more deserving of respect than any of the soldiers that serve honorably in today’s conflicts.

Are we generalizing here that ALL WWII veterans raped, and the like? Think that is a bit overreaching to say that of all. My grandfather never spoke a word of his war days.
I even have some friends now who have or are serving in the military. My aunt is even going into the Navy, I believe in less than a week.
Think overall that our war heroes, are not honored enough. While I do think that some of our newer officers have it a bit easier in terms of the advancements technology has made in the military field.... war is war....and either way it is ugly. Heck, would like things better if they got more of a football player's salary. They get paid gobs of money just to tackle each other...and our officers get a slap on the wrist and a pat on the back, if not spit in the face...think I would prefer a bullet to the head honestly in their shoes.
Really quite sad.
I will say this much though, I did not mean to come out sounding like our newer officers do not deserve any honor. They do...especially those who have been to Iraq and back. Some of their stories are pretty scary. Had a friend stationed there and he said that it was a wonder if someone did not slip broken glass in your next meal in hopes of killing you.
Are we generalizing that all modern U.S soldiers are bullies, murders, and thugs?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
31-03-2012, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 05:36 PM by Popeye's Pappy.)
Not at all. It is however well documented that US armed forces have included some element of bullies, murders and thugs in every conflict we've been involved in including WWII. For example:

Quote:Major-General Raymond Hufft (U.S. Army) gave instructions to his troops not to take prisoners when they crossed the Rhine in 1945. After the war, when he reflected on the war crimes he authorized, he admitted, “if the Germans had won, I would have been on trial at Nuremberg instead of them.”

I have said before in this thread that the troops who serve honorably in our recent conflicts deserve the same level of respect for their service that is accorded to those that served in previous conflicts.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
03-04-2012, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 05:40 PM by Antirepublican.)
(31-03-2012 04:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 01:54 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Are we generalizing here that ALL WWII veterans raped, and the like? Think that is a bit overreaching to say that of all. My grandfather never spoke a word of his war days.
I even have some friends now who have or are serving in the military. My aunt is even going into the Navy, I believe in less than a week.
Think overall that our war heroes, are not honored enough. While I do think that some of our newer officers have it a bit easier in terms of the advancements technology has made in the military field.... war is war....and either way it is ugly. Heck, would like things better if they got more of a football player's salary. They get paid gobs of money just to tackle each other...and our officers get a slap on the wrist and a pat on the back, if not spit in the face...think I would prefer a bullet to the head honestly in their shoes.
Really quite sad.
I will say this much though, I did not mean to come out sounding like our newer officers do not deserve any honor. They do...especially those who have been to Iraq and back. Some of their stories are pretty scary. Had a friend stationed there and he said that it was a wonder if someone did not slip broken glass in your next meal in hopes of killing you.
Are we generalizing that all modern U.S soldiers are bullies, murders, and thugs?
I think saying that our current soldiers are merely bullies is a fair generalization don't you?
Seeing as its ya know true and all.

(31-03-2012 05:27 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Not at all. It is however well documented that US armed forces have included some element of bullies, murders and thugs in every conflict we've been involved in including WWII. For example:

Quote:Major-General Raymond Hufft (U.S. Army) gave instructions to his troops not to take prisoners when they crossed the Rhine in 1945. After the war, when he reflected on the war crimes he authorized, he admitted, “if the Germans had won, I would have been on trial at Nuremberg instead of them.”

I have said before in this thread that the troops who serve honorably in our recent conflicts deserve the same level of respect for their service that is accorded to those that served in previous conflicts.
I disagree completely. The situation was like night and day.
Just cause + near unbearable hardships
v/s
Unjust cause + Xbox & AC
03-04-2012, 06:21 PM
(31-03-2012 03:13 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I was in the Army for 10 years, 1993-2003, I assisted in shipping my unit over there to the retarded war. At the time the towers were hit I was on leave and was called back in. We all knew it was a bunch of bullshit and knew we were going to an unnecessary war. Nobody wanted to go, except for the fact they were getting more money for doing it.

Just prior to WW2 Major Genernal Smedley Butler, who at that time was the most decorated U.S. serviceman, wrote the following........
"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious.
It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses of life.
A racket is best described, I believe,as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the very many.
Out of a war a few people make huge fortunes."
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
03-04-2012, 06:52 PM
(03-04-2012 06:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Just prior to WW2 Major Genernal Smedley Butler, who at that time was the most decorated U.S. serviceman, wrote the following........
"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious.
It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses of life.
A racket is best described, I believe,as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the very many.
Out of a war a few people make huge fortunes."
Nice quote. That is about the truth of it too. War has become nothing more than a Government welfare program for the super wealthy.
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM
(03-04-2012 05:37 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 04:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Are we generalizing that all modern U.S soldiers are bullies, murders, and thugs?
I think saying that our current soldiers are merely bullies is a fair generalization don't you?

(31-03-2012 05:27 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Not at all. It is however well documented that US armed forces have included some element of bullies, murders and thugs in every conflict we've been involved in including WWII. For example:

v/s
Unjust cause + Xbox & AC
Controversial Cause + Gunfire

I suggest you go over there for a year.

Poonjab
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
(04-04-2012 12:21 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 05:37 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  I think saying that our current soldiers are merely bullies is a fair generalization don't you?

v/s
Unjust cause + Xbox & AC
Controversial Cause + Gunfire

Nah, I see no reason to take a chance and die for this backward country.
05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
(05-04-2012 12:29 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 12:21 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Controversial Cause + Gunfire

Nah, I see no reason to take a chance and die for this backward country.
Then you have no reason to argue. The overall argument of this thread should not be directed at the soldiers, but rather at the dumbass politicians who announced an unofficial war.

Poonjab