Respect for our Veterans?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-04-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Respect for our Veterans?
(05-04-2012 05:02 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 12:29 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Nah, I see no reason to take a chance and die for this backward country.
Then you have no reason to argue. The overall argument of this thread should not be directed at the soldiers, but rather at the dumbass politicians who announced an unofficial war.

This is something I have a hard time arguing with. A lot of the time, it seems the U.S. military is being lined up like a bunch of toy soldiers being sent off with guns to take care of issues that do not necessarily involve them because their superiors told them to. Tradgic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I think everyone who is doing something for their country with even the slightest chance of being killed deserves respect, however they can lose my respect by doing immature/innapropaite things.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
05-04-2012, 05:41 PM
(05-04-2012 05:22 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 05:02 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Then you have no reason to argue. The overall argument of this thread should not be directed at the soldiers, but rather at the dumbass politicians who announced an unofficial war.

This is something I have a hard time arguing with. A lot of the time, it seems the U.S. military is being lined up like a bunch of toy soldiers being sent off with guns to take care of issues that do not necessarily involve them because their superiors told them to. Tradgic.
The military takes orders from the politicians. The politicians do not know how the the world works, let alone war.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
05-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah like Logica said about orders. As a matter of fact they have 3 or so civilians in their chain of command listing. Besides the fact that all of the fed law makers have some sort of say.

The President is Commander and Chief of the military, not sure that's a good thing these days Tongue

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
(05-04-2012 05:02 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 12:29 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Nah, I see no reason to take a chance and die for this backward country.
Then you have no reason to argue. The overall argument of this thread should not be directed at the soldiers, but rather at the dumbass politicians who announced an unofficial war.
I take that back. I see no reason to needlessly die for this backwards country.

Now if there was some kind of just cause, like in WWII, then maybe.
05-04-2012, 08:21 PM
(05-04-2012 05:54 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Yeah like Logica said about orders. As a matter of fact they have 3 or so civilians in their chain of command listing. Besides the fact that all of the fed law makers have some sort of say.

The President is Commander and Chief of the military, not sure that's a good thing these days Tongue

Think it should be required for Presidents to serve in the military if one is to take on the role of Commander and Chief. Not talking peeling potatoes for a drill sargeant either lol.
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
(05-04-2012 08:21 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 05:54 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Yeah like Logica said about orders. As a matter of fact they have 3 or so civilians in their chain of command listing. Besides the fact that all of the fed law makers have some sort of say.

Think it should be required for Presidents to serve in the military if one is to take on the role of Commander and Chief. Not talking peeling potatoes for a drill sargeant either lol.
I've had KP a few times, it's definitely a work-out. I agree, I would go as far as saying anyone that wanted to push for war or form laws about the military should serve. In the brunt of it all, not just sailing around sitting in a captains chair. Learn what it's really like eating dirt for days, not bathing for a month at a time (minus baby wipes). Shaving out of a canteen cup (this sucks). Digging a hole in the dirt with a itty bitty wad of TP and huddling over it to shit (this really sucks). Laying in the snow for 30mins-1hour at a time in the prone position holding your weapon as soon as you wake from sleep. I could go on with the things I'd like to see these dipshits in office go through also.

Conditions may have changed since I was in but this is the kind of shit our people have to deal with. While the rich sit around reaping the benefits.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Clint Barnett's post
06-04-2012, 04:23 AM
(05-04-2012 06:31 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 05:02 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Then you have no reason to argue. The overall argument of this thread should not be directed at the soldiers, but rather at the dumbass politicians who announced an unofficial war.
I take that back. I see no reason to needlessly die for this backwards country.

Now if there was some kind of just cause, like in WWII, then maybe.
If you know anything about the military, you'd know that once you join, you have to die for whatever reason the >>>>>politicians<<<<< want you to.

Poonjab
06-04-2012, 11:09 AM
If you think about it, the OPs claim is nothing extreme, maybe just ahead of its time slightly.

Think about it. In early cultures the elderly are revered as being wise and strong, and in many cultures are made the de facto leaders. At the time this sort of made sense given the harsh living conditions. But now, most people will live to be old, and our elderly are not given this de facto level of respect.

War is simply going through the same process.
It is becoming more humane, with less collateral damages, and much safer for everyone involved.
09-04-2012, 04:54 PM
(06-04-2012 11:09 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  If you think about it, the OPs claim is nothing extreme, maybe just ahead of its time slightly.

Think about it. In early cultures the elderly are revered as being wise and strong, and in many cultures are made the de facto leaders. At the time this sort of made sense given the harsh living conditions. But now, most people will live to be old, and our elderly are not given this de facto level of respect.

War is simply going through the same process.
It is becoming more humane, with less collateral damages, and much safer for everyone involved.
Does that mean that people who are willing to die for their country should deserve any less respect? Just because we are not in a full ground war does not mean that we will not be soon. (North Korea and China look mighty confident)

Poonjab