Respect for religion? Really?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: Respect for religion? Really?
(26-02-2013 03:20 PM)Vera Wrote:  Maldives girl gets 100 lashes for pre-marital sex.

There aren't words...
This makes me sad.

My ex-father in law was from the maldives and a muslim and he was NOTHING like that. His girls are very much normal (even if they are stuck up) healthy australian girls.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Jaysus. The government at least seem to be working for something positive. But this girl was raped and is now sentenced to 100 lashes ? How the *fuck* does a judge make a sentence like that ? Angry
27-02-2013, 06:11 AM
(26-02-2013 11:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Jaysus. The government at least seem to be working for something positive. But this girl was raped and is now sentenced to 100 lashes ? How the *fuck* does a judge make a sentence like that ? Angry
Kinda proves your point about lawyers and jurists in general, doesn't it...

And is also a big boost for corporal punishment. Yeah, there are some bugs that should be worked out first, but all in all, I say bring it back. What can be juster? Fire with fire and all that jazz... Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
03-04-2013, 05:10 AM
How does one even begin to wrap one's brain around this!?

"Saudi reports say the 24-year-old man could be paralysed from the waist down if he cannot pay his victim one million riyals (£250,000) in compensation."

(On a somewhat related note, I know I'm stereotyping and being very un-PC, but I can't wait for that joke of a country to run out of oil, so that they will finally have to get off their lazy asses and start working, like most other populations who haven't had the luck to have latched onto an oil well of a land in the game of musical chairs that is country formation.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
(26-02-2013 03:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(26-02-2013 03:20 PM)Vera Wrote:  Maldives girl gets 100 lashes for pre-marital sex.

There aren't words...
This makes me sad.

My ex-father in law was from the maldives and a muslim and he was NOTHING like that. His girls are very much normal (even if they are stuck up) healthy australian girls.

I had the chance to travel to Malè. Incredible population density on that little island.
[attachment=1246] [attachment=1247] [attachment=1248]

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption