Respecting The Truth

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
01-01-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Respecting The Truth
(01-01-2015 06:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Sorry about calling you a theist, old habit; I should have just stuck with calling you a bozo.

No worries about the theist thing, bozo is accurate.

Quote: I said the RCC shouldn't get the credit for what a billion people are doing because it shouldn't.

Who is that you think organized this massive charity operation?

My point applies also to the RCC clergy. Not all good, not all bad. Not simple.

Quote:And remember these efforts are not without ulterior motives. ... like missionaries with chocolate bars who will give you the sweets but only after spewing their good news. And even if you take out the conversion motive, these people also are doing it for an afterlife reward, not for the sake of doing good things for people. So don't defend these scumbags just because their numbers are huge, which would be just another fallacy on your part.

More fundie ranting....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 06:43 PM
You can keep saying it but that doesn't make your fundie jabs true. Please tell me how I'm wrong. And you keep calling it a massive charity organization as if it's one unit and one figurehead who organized it, but it's not.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2015, 06:58 PM
(01-01-2015 06:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Please tell me how I'm wrong.

You're embracing the worst aspects of religion, vague lazy sweeping hate of lots of people you've never met. That's not reason, but ideology.

The alternative to ideology, theist or atheist, is reason. Examine the evidence carefully, objectively, with as little emotion as possible, and evaluate specific cases.

When we use reason instead of emotion we'll see that anything as big as the Catholic Church, or even the Catholic clergy, contains both good and bad.

There are Catholic clergy who quietly spend their lives helping some of the most troubled people among us, all over the world.

And there are the child rapers too. And the power grabbing game players too. Even the Pope has publicly complained about the Catholic Curia, the Vatican government machinery.

You want it to be simple. But it is not. Being a "thinking" atheist requires that understanding.
01-01-2015, 07:07 PM
(01-01-2015 06:58 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  The alternative to ideology, theist or atheist, is reason. Examine the evidence carefully, objectively, with as little emotion as possible, and evaluate specific cases.

How do you know that reason can provide an answer?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-01-2015, 07:15 PM
And again you are putting words in my mouth, bozo. I am not saying a billion people are bad or wrong, I'm saying the RCC should not be given the glowing credit you want to give it because it is not solely responsible for the charity efforts. Are misfiring neurons in your hippocampus preventing the conversion from short-term to long-term memory? You really may need to seek help here.

And if you think hate is driving my comments you truly are delusional. Fact: Missionaries spread the word of Jesus to people who don't know about him. Why do they do it? Eternal reward.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
01-01-2015, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 07:34 PM by Free.)
(01-01-2015 06:58 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 06:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Please tell me how I'm wrong.

You're embracing the worst aspects of religion, vague lazy sweeping hate of lots of people you've never met. That's not reason, but ideology.

The alternative to ideology, theist or atheist, is reason. Examine the evidence carefully, objectively, with as little emotion as possible, and evaluate specific cases.

When we use reason instead of emotion we'll see that anything as big as the Catholic Church, or even the Catholic clergy, contains both good and bad.

There are Catholic clergy who quietly spend their lives helping some of the most troubled people among us, all over the world.

And there are the child rapers too. And the power grabbing game players too. Even the Pope has publicly complained about the Catholic Curia, the Vatican government machinery.

You want it to be simple. But it is not. Being a "thinking" atheist requires that understanding.

You and your lack of logic and reason plus ornery stupidity has resulted in you being kicked out of so many decent discussion forums online that I have lost count.

You go by at least two other names online:

1. Typist.

2. Felasco

You have been going around with this stupid philosophy and getting booted off of forums for the last 4 years.

Here are two forums you've been removed from:

http://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/v...=12&t=5515

http://sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.ph...5&start=30

Here are other forums where you've worn out your welcome:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid701688

http://www.thescienceforum.com/philosoph...post333033

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/i...476.0;wap2

http://forum.philosophynow.org/viewtopic...60#p155360

The same thing is now happening to you here.

Note to everyone: This guy is a trouble-maker, known for his bullshit all over the web. He posits the exact same philosophy every where, and has worn out his welcome on at least 5 other forums.

Leave this idiot alone to his own devices, as he is well known as one who intentionally derails topics to twist them into promoting his idiotic philosophy.

So dude, you've just been outted.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 5 users Like Free's post
01-01-2015, 08:52 PM
A one trick pony then? You know what that means right?

[Image: bromie_pony_by_weirdfreek2500-d39nlm0.png]

I can’t believe I just did that Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-01-2015, 09:16 PM
(01-01-2015 08:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A one trick pony then? You know what that means right?

[Image: bromie_pony_by_weirdfreek2500-d39nlm0.png]

I can’t believe I just did that Shocking

[Image: twilight_sparkle_angry_by_twilightsparkl...5qk8xs.png]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-01-2015, 09:23 PM
And the train is wrecked.

----
01-01-2015, 09:25 PM
(01-01-2015 06:05 PM)Free Wrote:  Says yet another Muslim masquerading as a non theist.

It appears you use the Muslim accusation a lot. It must be tricky to think beyond the bounds of all you've read.