Respecting The Truth

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
01-01-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: Respecting The Truth
(01-01-2015 09:25 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 06:05 PM)Free Wrote:  Says yet another Muslim masquerading as a non theist.

It appears you use the Muslim accusation a lot. It must be tricky to think beyond the bounds of all you've read.

Now let me out you also while I'm at it.

You named yourself "brownshirt" for a very specific reason, and hoped that no one here would understand it's meaning.

But you are up against someone with a fucking clue, idiot.

Sturm Abteilung, dumkoff!

So which do you belong to? The Nazi Brownshirts, or the Islamic Brownshirts?

Pick one.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
01-01-2015, 10:32 PM
[Image: popcorn_my_little_pony.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2015, 11:22 PM
is the "thinking" part of the name of this site meant to be ironic? If so i commend your honesty, otherwise......
01-01-2015, 11:47 PM
How are you still here BS? ... <---- see what I did there?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
01-01-2015, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 12:02 AM by Brownshirt.)
(01-01-2015 11:47 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  How are you still here BS? ... <---- see what I did there?

does it qualify as thoughtful?

the functioning atheist would be more appropriate.
02-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Nah, more quip-like really. I just can't understand what you get out of being here and being hated.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
02-01-2015, 12:06 AM
(01-01-2015 06:58 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  The alternative to ideology, theist or atheist, is reason. Examine the evidence carefully, objectively, with as little emotion as possible, and evaluate specific cases.
Consumer protection matters. Scepticism and atheism to the extent they uncover fraud and protect the public from Charlatans matters. Simple enough?

(01-01-2015 07:26 PM)Free Wrote:  Note to everyone: This guy is a trouble-maker, known for his bullshit all over the web. He posits the exact same philosophy every where, and has worn out his welcome on at least 5 other forums.

Leave this idiot alone to his own devices, as he is well known as one who intentionally derails topics to twist them into promoting his idiotic philosophy.

Thanks for the research, although for me the most important question is whether or not he can be funny. I'm still on the fence about that one. I think he doesn't read and research and understand enough about his subject matter. He draws too heavily on his own ideology for his comedy routine, and I'm starting to lose hope that he'll break the 5/10 mark. I fear he'll stay at the "Gordon" level, never really elevating himself beyond the equivalent of a bad pun.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
02-01-2015, 12:33 AM
(02-01-2015 12:05 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Nah, more quip-like really. I just can't understand what you get out of being here and being hated.

I dont care that I'm hated. it's probably similar to you going to a theist forum and being hated there. would you care?

i genuinely want to see if anyone here can justify naturalism. so far the answer is no. It astounds me so many atheists claim to be the bastion of logic yet can't justify your own assertions beyond assumptions and conjecture.

I don't care that you lack belief, I'm interested in your assertions and that they lead nowhere.
02-01-2015, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 01:08 AM by Deltabravo.)
I think Islam and Judaism are actually the same religion, historically.
Jerusalem was spelled "Herusalem" and comes from a "consonantal" language. Islam is "tri-consonantal"...S-L-M. So, Jer, or Her, is a consonant, probably a lost pronunciation but let's say it is "R" so we have R-S-L-M and this takes us to the nub of the issue that they are or were, militant monotheistic religions viz., King David the giant slayer. Both religions have the same god, both use chanting, ie, Cantors and the Call to Prayer. Both advocate circumcision. Of course, they are both Abrahamic in origin but even the name Allah is probably just a different pronunciation of "Yah" and they are both probably the same as "Ra" and since the cult of this god was merged with the cult of Horus by the Egyptians, you would get an Egyptian monotheism in which Horus is one and the same as Ra or Yah or Allah.

Here is an exerpt from "Wikislam" which shows that the prevaling mood of Islam is deliberately not peaceful: Etymology[edit]
Main Article: The Meaning of Islam
Lissan al-Arab, one of the most authoritative lexicons of the Arabic language, mentions that the word 'Islam' is derived from the root verb istaslama (استسلاما); which means 'to submit' or 'give in' or 'surrender', while the term salam (سلام) means peace, a truce, or a non-warring state.

The word Islam derives from the Arabic triconsonantal root sīn-lām-mīm (SLM [ س ل م ]). Many different words are created from this root word by inserting different vowels between the three root consonants. Many English speakers wrongly assume that if two Arabic words share the same root word then their meanings are related when in reality the fact that some words share the same root word does not imply a relationship between the meanings of the words. For instance, all of these words are derived from the root S-L-M:

Word Arabic Meaning
Islam اسلام Submission
Salam سلام Well-being/Peace
(Derivation of) Salama سلما The stinging of a snake or the tanning of the leather
Saleema سليما To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a female)
Saleem سليم To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a male)
Aslam اسلم To submit
Istaslama استسلاما To surrender
Musal مسل Undisputed
Tasleem تسليم To receive a salutation or becoming submitted
Many people have wrongly attempted to equate the word Islam with peace by showing that Islam, meaning 'submission', shares a root word with Salaam, meaning 'peace'." http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam

It is possible to have a reason based morality and I think that Epicureanism reflects this and is the philosophical basis of the NT, it being written as an "invented" religion to counter the fanaticism of Near East milititant, monotheism.

Modern secularism owes a lot to philosophers like Immanual Kant who forumulated a reason based moral philosophy and the moral teachings of the NT are reason based. Read Matthew chapters 5 to 7 for instance and you will see that the actual moral admonitions are very interesting in that they seem to speak of an existing religion which preaches that it is "wrong to kill another man" whereas Jesus says it is wrong even to be angry with another man and that if you are angry with your brother to go and make up with him before you offer gifts at the altar.

This is significant because the idea that it is "wrong to kill a man" is often cited by Muslims as a core concept of their religious philosophy today. The Koran, I am told, says that if you kill a man it is as bad as killing the whole world. "Except" , they go on to say, "it is good to kill someone who has left Islam or to kill someone if they deserve to be killed". It's not a "categorical imperative" in Islam that one does not kill. It depends, you see, on the circumstances and their beliefs.
02-01-2015, 02:53 AM
(02-01-2015 12:33 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I don't care that you lack belief, I'm interested in your assertions and that they lead nowhere.

That about sums it up for me as well.